The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
autodude sparsh
napster
archit
fitsandy
dcargod
abhinavgupta
im_hummer_freak
thackervijay
zinam
Crazy cat
Vibhor
15 posters

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 8 Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  im_hummer_freak 29th May 2009, 4:46 pm

yes customers wont mind spending a bit extra in the begining while buying the car. for peace of mind and long time savings.
    Akash
    Akash

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 8 Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  Akash 29th May 2009, 4:48 pm

To me too,Jazz seems a clear winner, but Jazz has to compete with the sales of Skoda Fabia which is selling in good numbers.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th May 2009, 4:53 pm

Akash wrote:To me too,Jazz seems a clear winner, but Jazz has to compete with the sales of Skoda Fabia which i s selling in good numbers.

by which source you are saying this akash, fabia is already hit with hyundai's i20 launch, and its petrol models were never sold in large numbers.Yes it would definately compete with fabia which is surely going to get the most impact of it then others.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 29th May 2009, 4:56 pm

yep. fabia is as it is having a hard time right now. once jazz is out. heat will be on skoda.
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 29th May 2009, 10:21 pm

thackervijay wrote:
    Akash wrote:To me too,Jazz seems a clear winner, but Jazz has to compete with the sales of Skoda Fabia which i s selling in good numbers.

by which source you are saying this akash, fabia is already hit with hyundai's i20 launch, and its petrol models were never sold in large numbers.Yes it would definately compete with fabia which is surely going to get the most impact of it then others.

no sources buddy.just that i see lots of fabias in my city than i20s. Thanks for correcting me.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 29th May 2009, 10:21 pm

no matter what people go for the honda if there is a difference of around 50-70k because the relliablity and service offered by honda cant be offered y both fiat( tata ASS) nor skoda
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 29th May 2009, 11:54 pm

Jazz's threat could be GP and i20 and the Polo may be. Fabia isn't going great. May be if Skoda does some wonder and reduce price of the car and the spares, Fabia will give fight with Jazz.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th May 2009, 10:10 am

But looking at the general buyers prospective, honda never has any competetion around what may the price they offer cause there are buyers who wants Honda what ever they may give, eventually we might see fabia,i20,GP, Yaris competing around, cause indian market has a different mindset for HONDA four wheelers and alltogether different for other companies.IMO.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 30th May 2009, 10:44 am

thackervijay wrote: ...eventually we might see fabia,i20,GP, Yaris competing around, cause indian market has a different mindset for HONDA four wheelers and alltogether different for other companies.IMO.
    yes. specially for skoda and fiat.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 30th May 2009, 2:52 pm

It is sad that this is the scenario.
    This Honda-craze allows the company to do whatever it wishes to, and hence price their vehicles at a premium and also cut out essential features as we have seen in the City. I will not be surprised if the Jazz dosen't get Airbags and ABS only as an expensive option, and other essentials like alloy wheels, climate control, steering mounted audio control, electronically adjusted mirrors, etc.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 30th May 2009, 2:58 pm

dcargod wrote:It is sad that this is the scenario.
    This Honda-craze allows the company to do whatever it wishes to, and hence price their vehicles at a premium and also cut out essential features as we have seen in the City. I will not be surprised if the Jazz dosen't get Airbags and ABS only as an expensive option, and other essentials like alloy wheels, climate control, steering mounted audio control, electronically adjusted mirrors, etc.
    well i'd say yes honda vehicles are a bit overpriced. but then the quality, fit and finish, and the amazing engine that we get with a honda vehicle add to that the ASS and also the resale value. well honda justifies its price to some extent.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 30th May 2009, 3:03 pm

Quality, fit and finish of the Skoda Fabia is also A Grade. It is identifiable with more expensive vehicles. But then, though overpriced, it will still be less. As far as Honda quality is concerned, the latest Honda City shows the overall degradation of quality and fit and finish. Just look at the AC controls. But yes, there shall be no debate about the engines, which are one of the finest around.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th May 2009, 3:04 pm

dcargod wrote:It is sad that this is the scenario.

Absolutely mate, right now only one model is going to launch for Jazz which wont have ABS,Airbags,Ebd,Alloys nothing that u mentioned, just the dash music system may be with changer, and minimum that is expected, and price around 7L for it.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 30th May 2009, 3:08 pm

Yup. Even other companies are bucking up by producing good engines, so Honda just cannot go on charging a premium for its engines.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th May 2009, 3:24 pm

but honda does claims it being a premium hatch, so it wont be of lesser value then expected tag of 7L.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 30th May 2009, 3:37 pm

Honda is well established in India. People buy it for its status. Refinement and FE are also in their advantages. Honda use this well and sell cars at a premium with less features. All Honda cars are light in weight with very thin metal. I bet the damage in case of accident, be it big or small, is more in Honda cars.
    I once saw NHC and Alto, head-on in Coimbatore-Palakkad highway, both were equally damaged. No kidding.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th May 2009, 3:40 pm

Yes CC absolutely Honda have started making out bodies of their cars with thin metal as compared to its older gen cars as to which would give more FE what major of indian buyers look out for, which got out in that final result of collision as what u said.Hyundai,skoda lead in this segment of built quality which seems of tank built metal.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 30th May 2009, 3:52 pm

thackervijay wrote:Yes CC absolutely Honda have started making out bodies of their cars with thin metal as compared to its older gen cars as to which would give more FE what major of indian buyers look out for, which got out in that final result of collision as what u said.Hyundai,skoda lead in this segment of built quality which seems of tank built metal.
    A bit correction here, it is Skoda and Fiat lead in this segment of build quality. Hyundais are also light build, I saw an i10 badly damaged(for the accident's scene) and Scorpio only minimal(almost unnoticeable).
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th May 2009, 3:54 pm

that was compared with other hatchbacks available say maruti,tata,hyundai is far better then this two so said hyundai, skoda and fiat are better in built quality.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 30th May 2009, 3:59 pm

I would rate both Hyundai and Maruti(Swift and newer cars) the same. Tata a notch above. Fiat be it Uno or Palio is better than the rest, so as Skoda.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 30th May 2009, 4:24 pm

Skoda, Fiat and Tata have tough body shells and hence cope with accident better.
    siddhant
    siddhant

Post  siddhant 1st June 2009, 9:24 am

JAZZ TD
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 8 F3t0ye
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 8 5ckuty
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 8 2qtcxdy
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 8 14qlc5
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 8 Dw5dlx
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 8 2saf8ut

Honda’s products in India have been widely recognized as refined and
    sophisticated, albeit with a premium price. You can expect more of the
    same with Honda’s first hatch for India – the all-new Jazz. In the face
    of intensified competition from several contenders Honda has been busy
    readying the Jazz for its India launch and several were caught being
    driven in Tamil Nadu. Take in the spy pics of the India-spec Jazz,
    along with more pics from Autocar India's test drive as we tell you
    what to expect from the new baby of the Honda family. The Jazz is based on the City platform – but looking at it you’d be
    hard pressed to find anything common on the outside. The Jazz’s
    silhouette will remind you more of a small multi-purpose vehicle (MPV)
    than a city hatchback. That’s because it has been styled more for
    practicality than outright design flair. The bonnet gets a raised
    central section, which injects some visual appeal to the face. The car
    has an upright stance at the rear. And to aid aerodynamics, Honda
    designers have tapered the rear roofline downwards. Overall, it’s an
    appealing design that looks sophisticated and very urbane — something
    buyers will appreciate.On the inside the Jazz’s combination of quality and space will easily
    be the new benchmark in its class. The Jazz is less than four metres
    long but it’s a spacious five-seater thanks to the upright shape, high
    roofline and long wheelbase.
    Honda’s simple ideas have managed big results. For instance, the
    company decided to move the fuel tank away from its usual position
    under the boot, below the rear passengers, to below the front seats
    now. This has helped create plenty of room for rear passengers. This
    clever packaging means that the Jazz has acres of space, both in the
    front and at the rear. Rear legroom can rival some saloons and the
    generous headroom and width means that three can sit with relative
    ease.
    The boot, at 399 litres, can shame some saloons — most hatch rivals
    don’t even stand a chance. The car also does some very smart things
    with its seats. The rear seats fold flat at the pull of a lever and the
    seat squabs can be locked vertically (like in movie theatres), turning
    the rear seats into a tall extra-luggage compartment.
    The interiors score for practicality as well as style. You get large,
    chunky knobs to control the air-conditioner. The steering wheel is
    similar to the City’s and even the easy-to-read orange-backlit gauges
    look similar to its bigger sibling’s.
    The instrument cluster is uncluttered and practical. This can be made
    out even in the spy pics here (Check out image library for more
    detailed images). The cabin abounds with small storage spaces that will
    come in handy to keep cellphones and other similar-sized items. And the
    overall design of the dashboard is youthful and hugely impressive. We
    only wish that some of the plastics were of better quality.In the driving seat you will get the taste of a new 1.2-litre petrol
    engine with a generous power output of 89bhp (the 1.5-litre petrol from
    the City is planned for later). This 1.2-litre engine and the
    under-four-metre-length help the Jazz duck under small car norms to get
    excise benefits.
    The engine uses Honda’s VTEC technology, the same as on the City. So it
    will be safe to assume that the car will deliver a good blend of fuel economy
    and performance. The engine itself is very refined and silent,
    something that we’ve now come to expect of Honda units. In fact
    refinement levels are extreme to the point of near-silence at idle and
    there will be times when you will crank the ignition, thinking the
    engine is off.
    The refined motor is a bit slow to respond at low engine rpms and needs
    to be pushed to get the best power out of the rev-happy motor. The
    short and slick gearshift feels very nice to use and, combined with the
    smooth and light clutch, makes driving around town a splendid affair.
    The steering has a light feel to it, which is again very good for city
    driving. But we would like it to offer more feedback at faster highway
    speeds. The soft suspension
    set-up means that those of you looking to push the Jazz into corners at
    good speeds will be left disappointed. At an estimated Rs 6.5 lakh
    (ex-showroom, Delhi), the Jazz is very
    pricey, especially for a hatchback. Price-wise, it enters saloon
    territory. But its solid blend of compact dimensions, space,
    practicality, refinement and comfort — not to mention the
    saloon-rivaling 399-litre boot — is brilliant.
    There’s also a feel-good factor about the car that rivals will find
    hard to match. Being a Honda also means that ownership and aftersales
    experience will be hassle-free. The Jazz is an excellent package and
    one that’s very easy to appreciate as well.

Honda Jazz 1.2
    PRICE Rs 6.5 lakh (estimated
    ex-showroom Delhi)
    Power 89 bhp
    ON SALE June 2009

YOU’LL LIKE...
    Interior space, practicality, refinement

YOU WON’T...
    Price!

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=3132

raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 1st June 2009, 10:39 am

the interiors are cool & funky... typically honda.
    90 bhp from a 1.2 ltr engine seems great but for that money & that segment, they could have offered atleast a 1.4, they are following the fabia & i20, i think.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st June 2009, 10:47 am

399 litres of boot? 8O that is close to saloon cars' territory. Plenty of Space, refinement, Honda badging, FE will be its advantages. High price and soft suspension will be its disadvantages.

I too feel the need of 1.4l motor. 1.2 is too small for a car with this price (OTR will be around 7 lacs)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 1st June 2009, 10:58 am

the interiors are very good , i dont mind spending few more thousands than on the price tag of i20 or fabia to get this honda, its worth it,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 2:36 am