The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
autodude sparsh
napster
archit
fitsandy
dcargod
abhinavgupta
im_hummer_freak
thackervijay
zinam
Crazy cat
Vibhor
15 posters

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 2 Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  Vibhor 23rd April 2009, 10:32 am

HONDA SET TO LAUNCH JAZZ!

The much expected small car from Honda is all set to hit the roads. Honda
    today officially announced it will launch the Jazz by June. Jazz will come with
    a new 1.2 litre engine developed exclusively for the Indian market.
    “Jazz
    will have all the features found in a premium large car. Our survey shows that
    80% hatchback customers feel that these cars lack legroom and headroom space
    which we have addressed in Jazz,” Honda Siel Cars India managing director &
    CEO Masahiro Takedagawa said. “We have designed a special engine for India to
    optimise fuel efficiency and power, which delayed the launch by one year. Jazz
    also comes strapped with a toughened suspension to meet stiff roads conditions
    in India,” he added. Jazz with 1.2L engine and under 4m length would be eligible
    for small car excise duty. As typical of any other Honda car, jazz will come at
    a premium price. We expect the jazz to be priced around Rs5.5lakhs. A navigation
    system, in-car entertainment and sporty tyres would be offered as an optional
    accessory.(Vicky.in)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 2 Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  Crazy cat 23rd April 2009, 11:54 am

Hope they price Jazz on par with i20.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 23rd April 2009, 5:00 pm

5.5 does not seem bad considering its a Honda. But i hope that's not for the base variant.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 23rd April 2009, 5:03 pm

abhinavgupta wrote:5.5 does not seem bad considering its a Honda. But i hope that's not for the base variant.
    Abhinav, Sadly its for base version only, 😢 Check this -
    "Jazz is likely to be the most expensive petrol hatchback in the market with an expected base price of Rs 5.5 lakh. It will be pitted against Skoda's Fabia, Tata Motors' Indigo, Ford Fusion and Hyundai's Accent besides Ritz the upcoming product from Maruti's stable. "
    "We will try to pass the benefit of lower excise duty on Jazz but 30% of its components are imported and the weak rupee may lead to a higher price," Mr Takedagawa said. He however added that he company is not positioning Jazz as a volume generator and its best-selling sedan City will remain the largest car for Honda in India. "
    Source: Economic Times.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th April 2009, 10:11 am

yes vibs expect that price for its base model only and might go upwards till 7L for its top end model.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 24th April 2009, 12:41 pm

Yes vijay and they are saying that it will compete with Fabia but it looks like with so high price its going to compete SR-V!lol!
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 26th April 2009, 3:44 am

Good features are coming.. If navigation system comes, it'll be a first for any car below 25lacs. Good, saves the extra headache of buying a new navigation system. I just hope that the 1.2lt engine is upto the task of performance. I am not worried about fuel economy at all..!! 8)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 26th April 2009, 9:58 am

dont worry with FE in Honda's vehicles and engine, that would be the first thing in their mind before launching jazz dcargod, but yes navigation would be superb system to come along even in its top end model.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 26th April 2009, 9:41 pm

Ya, We can expect nice FE from Honda but i don't think so that they will introduce Jazz with sat nav system.

VT
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 4th May 2009, 1:10 pm

HONDA JAZZ'S LAUNCH IS ON 10th JUNE!

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 2:36 pm

Is this confirmed news?
    Any info on price?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 4th May 2009, 2:42 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Is this confirmed news?
    Any info on price?
    This is confirmed and source is Times Of India and for the price check previous posts.

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 3:09 pm

I was expecting a confirmed price. I know the chance of it being out is less. But still, is there any details out?
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 4th May 2009, 3:15 pm

well i read that the price is 7 lacs
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 9:55 pm

like the car, also the pricing :D , because its a ivtec engine i guess it'll be around 100bhp
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 5th May 2009, 11:53 am

@Napster; You liked its pricing?

Here are some spy shots of it -

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 2 132122d1241343548t-honda-raise-car-prices-jazz-launch-soon-edit-jazz-spotted-testing-pg-14-img001
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 2 132123d1241343548t-honda-raise-car-prices-jazz-launch-soon-edit-jazz-spotted-testing-pg-14-img002
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 2 132124d1241343548t-honda-raise-car-prices-jazz-launch-soon-edit-jazz-spotted-testing-pg-14-img003
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 2 132125d1241343548t-honda-raise-car-prices-jazz-launch-soon-edit-jazz-spotted-testing-pg-14-img004
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 2 132126d1241343548t-honda-raise-car-prices-jazz-launch-soon-edit-jazz-spotted-testing-pg-14-img005
    (Source: TeamBHP)
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 5th May 2009, 3:22 pm

The Times of India Says that the Jazz is to start from 7L upwards, Oh my GOD!!!
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th May 2009, 3:52 pm

dude, its a honda vehicle, whereas they maintain very good quality when compared to othe manufacturers in india, and for this car if the pricing is till 7lakks its ok with me, im ready to pay that amont for a top-end version of this vehicle. if its more than 7lakh, i think i should think over it again
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 5th May 2009, 6:33 pm

I don't think its top end will cost 7lacs but the base.

RoadRocket
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th May 2009, 7:23 pm

base and 7lakhs??:shock:
    i dont think so dude, in that case people would rather put few mre lakhs and go for the honda city
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 5th May 2009, 8:29 pm

Yeah, it is the base which is likely to retail for around 7L.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th May 2009, 10:24 pm

then every one would go for the city itself rite?
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 6th May 2009, 1:51 am

I.ve heard that the pricing will start from around 6 lac. Jazz will be a good buy for those who are looking for a premium hatch. It'll be pretty satisfactory too, save for the ride and handling. There are also a lot of innovative stuff in the Jazz like the rear foldable seats, which fold upwards for added flexibility.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 6th May 2009, 8:26 am

The cabin of Jazz doesn't seem practical to me at all!
    Just look at the ugly design of the cabin.
    Now Honda, we want a new steering wheel!
    The Steering mounts wont be standard as well.
    Like the ANHC, the car won't have ACC.
    Just look at those oddly placed air-con knobs.
    They are placed in such a mannner that it will only be in the drivers reach! :worst:
    I don't think the Jazz may go pretty well with the Indians.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th May 2009, 9:34 am

lets see how the response wil be from the people once its out

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26th June 2024, 6:34 am