The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
autodude sparsh
napster
archit
fitsandy
dcargod
abhinavgupta
im_hummer_freak
thackervijay
zinam
Crazy cat
Vibhor
15 posters

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! Empty Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  Vibhor 13th March 2009, 6:18 pm

Hi guys!
    Honda’s B+ segment challenger , the Jazz will be launched in the Indian market in the second half of this year.
    “It will have an engine specifically made for the Indian market. We are looking at a June-July launch,” Masahiro Takedagawa, HSCI president and CEO, said on the sidelines of the launch of the upgraded Accord V6 at Greater Noida.
    B+ segment is getting very crowded with some established players like the hotselling Suzuki Swift, recently launched Hyundai i20, the European Skoda Fabia and soon to be launched Fiat Grand Punto.

The Jazz will be produced at Honda’s Greater Noida facility and is expected to have a localization content of 70% from day one. Honda wants to price the Jazz very competitively which is why the company is taking its time in increasing the localization level before the launch.
    The Jazz shares its platform with the City and will come powered by a 1.2 Litre i-Vtec engine which is expected to deliver decent performance and sterling fuel efficiency.
    “We have studied the market and are quite confident about our selling abilities. In Thailand, the Jazz is priced higher than our City model,” said Jnaneswar Sen, vice-president (sales and marketing), HSCI. The City is Honda’s best-selling model in the country.
    “Though we don’t expect the Jazz to take over volumes of our City model, the hatchback will still create some volume for us,” said Takedagawa.
    The Jazz is expected to be priced in the range of 5.5 Lakhs to 6.5 Lakhs. :)
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! Honda-jazz-concept-1-450x278
    http://www.cubiccapacity.com/honda-jazz-coming-in-june/

Last edited by Vibhor on 14th June 2009, 9:43 am; edited 3 times in total
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  Crazy cat 13th March 2009, 6:22 pm

Pricing seems very competitive. I never expected this price. If they laucnh at this price, then watch out i20, Jazz is on your back.
    zinam
    zinam

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  zinam 14th March 2009, 8:37 am

Pricing is too good & nice move from Honda... Now i know why they have hiked the price of other cars :)
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 29th March 2009, 3:28 pm

Here are spy pics of Jazz from Aci -

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! 96015966
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! 79035314
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! 38645982
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! 30171352
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 29th March 2009, 4:29 pm

The car looks good. Hope Honda price it right to sell them in decent numbers.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 29th March 2009, 4:31 pm

Yeah Cc, and its tail lamps are looking quite different to me.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th March 2009, 5:40 pm

Looks good if price correctly, it shall hot selling hatchback in our market with honda's tag, any specs details of indian version guys??
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 29th March 2009, 6:42 pm

great news. if honda can get the pricing right this is going to be a killer car.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 29th March 2009, 8:58 pm

As all magazines already commented Jazz as little brother of Innova! It looks like it :)

Seems to be good enough for Indian roads...

Pray god that Honda should price it around 5.5Lakhs (atleast Base) :plz:
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th March 2009, 10:19 am

zinam wrote:As all magazines already commented Jazz as little brother of Innova! It looks like it :)

whoa dont expect that buddy, atleast not from honda.If to believe the sources around different sites jazz might be priced between 6 to 8 Lacs,nothing lesser then this.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 30th March 2009, 5:05 pm

zinam wrote:As all magazines already commented Jazz as little brother of Innova! It looks like it :)

Yeah thats right zinam, It really looks like small brother of innova, it has mini MUV looks because it has such styling, just take li'l eg. of its roof which is bit rakedfrom rear just like any MUV and its window design etc etc. but as you said its pricing fears me.
    thackervijay wrote:

whoa dont expect that buddy, atleast not from honda.If to believe the sources around different sites jazz might be priced between 6 to 8 Lacs,nothing lesser then this.
    Vijay, you are quite right, we should expect its price to be around 6-8 lacs, its goin to compete Chevy SR-V but result will be same as of SR-V, that is poor sales, hope atleast honda badge helps to boost its sales.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 31st March 2009, 2:27 pm

if they price their base version around 5.5 and then upwards as per model, it would be superb for honda and for customers.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 31st March 2009, 8:21 pm

Ya, But if its priced high i feel that Grande Punto may snatch its sales because it will be as spacious as Jazz and will have other features too like we have in Linea.Honda wake up. :sleep:
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 2nd April 2009, 9:20 am

yeah vibhor absolutely, i have seen many buyers went buying linea to their original plan of city, as its more costly, less features as compared to linea, and believe me its selling in hot numbers which has really helped Fiat get back on market, so surely their GP would be priced accordingly, Honda needs to wake up!!!!!!!
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 2nd April 2009, 3:16 pm

yes fiat has done good homework with linea's pricing and i am sure they are doing the same for GP. lets hope Honda also realizes this.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 2nd April 2009, 7:12 pm

I dont think Honda knows how to price its car properly
    But still fingers crossed on this one as this will be one of the most important segment for Honda considering the huge demand for good hatchbacks in the market.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 2nd April 2009, 8:34 pm

abhinavgupta wrote:I dont think Honda knows how to price its car properly
    But still fingers crossed on this one as this will be one of the most important segment for Honda considering the huge demand for good hatchbacks in the market.
    True, but even after being priced so high, Honda cars quickly grab the sales because they have quality plus the Honda badge!
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 2nd April 2009, 8:46 pm

Agreed but being in the very price sensetive segment , they should price it competitively.
    We have seen what fabia has gone through ( Only 6000 units sold in the 1st year compared to other hatches selling the same amount of units within a month)

I know that Honda Cars sell but then if they give it a Fabia kind of pricing, i dont think it will be able to make much of an impact on sales of cars like the swift , i10 etc.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd April 2009, 1:03 pm

abhinavgupta wrote:Agreed but being in the very price sensetive segment , they should price it competitively.
    We have seen what fabia has gone through ( Only 6000 units sold in the 1st year compared to other hatches selling the same amount of units within a month)

I know that Honda Cars sell but then if they give it a Fabia kind of pricing, i dont think it will be able to make much of an impact on sales of cars like the swift , i10 etc.
    That is correct but still i feel that Honda badge affects alot on buyer's mind, just take eg. of City, Its quite expensive and overpriced but still it has managed to sell in so much good no. Here in delhi you can easily spot ANHC. :)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 3rd April 2009, 11:58 pm

But vibhor, i think GP is equally good and should be very careful in pricing Jazz. And also to be noted is GP is coming with famed 1.3mjd engine. If Honda fails in pricing, Jazz will be like another Fabia.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 4th April 2009, 9:31 am

Vibhor wrote:
    abhinavgupta wrote:Agreed but being in the very price sensetive segment , they should price it competitively.

That is correct but still i feel that Honda badge affects alot on buyer's mind, just take eg. of City, Its quite expensive and overpriced but still it has managed to sell in so much good no. Here in delhi you can easily spot ANHC. :)

very true vibhor, you can spot NHC easily, but dont forget this is hatchback market where the customer segment is different then sedans, honda wont be able to sell hot cakes if they didnt priced correctly, though being honda still hatchback market has different league of sentiments from buyers, so if they price jazz above 7L dont expect it to sell in good numbers.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 10th April 2009, 5:27 pm

Agreed that the Honda city is overpriced. But theres reason for it to sell. The primary reason is its engine, which, with its performance, also has class-leading fuel economy. Plus the car is huge, spacious and comfy. Plus the pride of owning a Honda is also there.

It is for the same reason that I think the Jazz, even if a tad overpriced, will sell well. Most people finance their cars and ultimately, the EMI dosen't increase much also. Plus they feel that Honda offers bullet-proof reliability, tempting them to buy a Honda even more.

Cars like the Fabia and the Grande Punto will be effected by the Jazz. The other smaller hatchbacks won't face much of a problem.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 10th April 2009, 8:43 pm

Very true dcargod, I agree to it but as i said earlier Honda badge also helps alot to boost the sales of its models, Also Grande punto may give it a tough competition if Fiat does like in Linea, Lower price and more features and that is what Indian customer expect. :)
    fitsandy
    fitsandy

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! Empty Honda Jazz copy of Merc A Class

Post  fitsandy 22nd April 2009, 4:10 pm

Who says only Chienese copy the car designs ? HONDA !!:goodjob: of copying Merc A Class.
    http://www.cbn.co.za/images/motoring/10961MercA-class170a.jpg
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 22nd April 2009, 10:26 pm

fitsandy wrote:Who says only Chienese copy the car designs ? HONDA !!:goodjob: of copying Merc A Class.
    http://www.cbn.co.za/images/motoring/10961MercA-class170a.jpg
    Ya, Its is but we can't actually say it a copy, Just the shape of the car is similar and else is different even the headlamp's design if you look closely.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th June 2024, 7:29 pm