The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
autodude sparsh
napster
archit
fitsandy
dcargod
abhinavgupta
im_hummer_freak
thackervijay
zinam
Crazy cat
Vibhor
15 posters

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

thackervijay
    thackervijay

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  thackervijay 7th June 2009, 1:46 pm

yeah industry man, we get staggering's (powercut) on wednesday so no other option mate.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17!

Post  dcargod 7th June 2009, 4:18 pm

I believe the Jazz will be an awesome package. Even I need to go and check the car out. Hey vj please update us as soon as possible.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th June 2009, 7:32 pm

cool , waiting for some pics and also a short review of the plastics, etc etc
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 8th June 2009, 2:36 pm

So did anyone of you went to showroom yet to check it?

roadRocket
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 8th June 2009, 3:49 pm

we are probably going today evening.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 8th June 2009, 6:55 pm

ok so we (me and vijay) just visited the basement of Honda showroom. and we were greeted with a red Honda Jazz. we see the car walking down to the basement and its clear that this thing is huge. its longer than any hatchback in india. its length is just 30mm short of a premier padmini and 80mm short of indigo CS, and both of them are sedans. so you pretty much have an idea here.its width is same as the new honda city (more than tata indigo by 75mm) thats about the dimensions. only thing we miss here is alloys. which is sad for a car which costs on the wrong side of 7 lacs

the quality on the exterior is quite good. it justifies its price tags which goes over 7 lacs on road only one variant being launched. the body panels feel strong. you can see each and every part showing what honda stands for. quality!

moving to the interiors. so if you thought exterior quality was good. interior quality is awsome. its better than the honda city. all the pannels feel strong. the door handels, the dashboard, steering wheel, steering wheel controls for audio (yes there are audio controls on the steering wheel just like honda city), the indash stero system, AC controls each and everything screams quality. you instantly get a feel you are sitting in a large car. even bigger than the honda city. surely the front hood cannot be seen just like an indica. amazing space. and yes i mean amazing. because its more than honda city. and i'm not sure though it seemed more roomier than the civic. the leg space is definetly great even if all the five passengers in the car are over 6ft in height.

the doors close with that quality thud which is even better than the honda city. (most of my comparisons are with honda city as i checked out the city right after checking out the Jazz and i can say this surely. Jazz feels a whole lot better than the city, in quality as well as space.) the console design on jazz is great. the insulation in the car is also great. simply put i am in love with this car. its got that classy touch i couldnt find in any hatchback. yes it can be atributed to its price. but atleast the price is justified.
    features also come to surprise you.safety features like ABS, Honda’s G-CON technology, and airbags all standard. there's also an aux port in the in-dash CD player. a USB port would also have been welcome. also added is a trip computer which measures your cars FE and the distance you can travel.

another very nice and innovative touch is the twin glovebox. one opens upwords and the other downwards.and between them is a small tray also. the cubby holes and trays are very usefuly placed all around the car. there are 4 factory fitted speakers. a parcel tray at the back is however missing. boot is quite large. almost 400 ltrs. thats great for a hatchback. another great thing about the rear seats is that they have a 60:40 split. and they not only fold down but also fold up.

a proper test drive is due on this wednesday as that is when the car is sheduled to be launched. but vijay had a small drive in the basement. i was sitting behind and to me the car seemed quite smooth and peppy. rest vijay will be better to tell about it as he was driving.

final verdict: if you want a petrol car in 8-9 lacs range. and are thinking of getting the city. do check this car out. unless you really want a sedan for snob value or bigger engine. and i am sure you'll love this car. its much better than what i was expecting.

now over to you vijay :D
    P.S. the quality of pics are not very good as they were taken in the basement with my phone cam.
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image012
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image013
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image014
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image015
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image016
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image017
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image018
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image019
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image020
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image021
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image022
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image023
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image024
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image025
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image026
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image027
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 8th June 2009, 7:03 pm

that is very good news, as we were expecting, the quality turned out to be more that our expectations , i love this car
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 8th June 2009, 7:07 pm

ANHC had poor quality interiors for that price. So Jazz should have been better(premium hatch, for the price it deserves). What about features? compared with i20.

Post whatever pics you have. Something is better than nothing. :lol!:

Hoping to see a TD report on Wednesday.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 8th June 2009, 7:45 pm

Pictures Added.

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 8th June 2009, 7:48 pm

nice, why is it sharing wheel caps from honda city?:lol!:
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 8th June 2009, 8:36 pm

Firstly, Thanks to thackervijay and Hummer for going to showroom and presting this report here in TAI. :)

Hummer, A very nice review which is well describing the whole car, As you said the car is long as a sedan it can be seen from the pics, Also, I feel that GC is bit raised for Indian version and its really very sad that Honda is repeating same mistake by not offering the Alloys in a 8lacs+ car.
    About the Interiors, From the pics they are looking nice, the twin glovebox box feature and unique tray is pretty much similar to one in Ford Endy. BTW, will Honda offer only single airbag in it?(ie driver's side?), Over all the dash looks good but those A/C controls are quite oddly placed.

Good work guys, Waiting for the report and pics by vijay as he has also driven the car. 👍

VT
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 8th June 2009, 8:56 pm

Amazing.
    So after the GP, the Jazz is also first reviewed on TAI.
    Excellent im_hummer_freak.

No alloys again. 7 lakhs is too much IMO considering the elder sibling - ANHC is about 8.xx and is much bigger with a much bigger engine.

Pricing gone haywire.
    I would like to see how the sales of this turn out in comparison to the Fabia and i20 specifically due to them belonging to the premium hatch segment.

@ Napster. Cost cutting. Not to price cheaper, but to get more profit.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 8th June 2009, 10:11 pm

thanks all
    napster wrote:that is very good news, as we were expecting, the quality turned out to be more that our expectations , i love this car
    yes. quality is the USP of this car IMO.

Crazy cat wrote:ANHC had poor quality interiors for that price. So Jazz should have been better(premium hatch, for the price it deserves). What about features? compared with i20.

I think vijay would be able to give a nice comparison between i20 and Jazz. as he has TD i20 as well.

Vibhor wrote: ....that Honda is repeating same mistake by not offering the Alloys in a 8lacs+ car....

....Over all the dash looks good but those A/C controls are quite oddly placed...

VT
    well vibhor the price wont go above 8 lacs. but yes still 7.5 is high for a car without alloys.
    and yes the A/C controls are quite differently placed. but i found them much more useful as they are quite near the steering wheel and easy to reach.

abhinavgupta wrote:...No alloys again. 7 lakhs is too much IMO considering the elder sibling - ANHC is about 8.xx and is much bigger with a much bigger engine.

Pricing gone haywire.
    I would like to see how the sales of this turn out in comparison to the Fabia and i20 specifically due to them belonging to the premium hatch segment...
    yes abhinav its sad that there are no alloys.
    ANHC costs 8.xx but it only has a larger boot and a larger engine than the Jazz. The interior space is more in Jazz. Jazz also feels much more roomier when it comes to headspace than ANHC. and also you get better quality interiors in Jazz.
    so i feel while competing with fabia and i20 it will eat up in ANHC's sales also.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th June 2009, 12:17 am

@bharat, there is no way Fabia will eat Jazz's sales. Potential buyers will switch over to Jazz, just for Honda badge. Fabia is a dumb looking car(though front is pretty good). Jazz will be more fuel efficient and cheaper to maintain than Fabia. But yeah we have to wait and watch.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 9th June 2009, 11:40 am

As Hummer_Freak described that Jazz's seats fold upwards, Honda has named them as "Magic Seats",A "Magic" Isn't it?

VT
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 9th June 2009, 11:47 am

Vibhor wrote:As Hummer_Freak described that Jazz's seats fold upwards, Honda has named them as "Magic Seats",A "Magic" Isn't it?

VT
    yeah the seats are one of a kind innovation. and that too with a 60:40 split they are just great
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th June 2009, 12:30 pm

Magic seats? :lol: ok, i couldn't understand exactly what it is. Is it like Xylo's seats? Any pics?
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th June 2009, 12:39 pm

hi guys, thanks firstly to hummer for accompyning me along for TD of jazz not official thuogh but in the basement.Now here goes my stories:
    Huge car and doesnt let you feel you are driving a hatchback, very very roomy and space all around you, i adjusted the driving seat as per my requirement(6'1") and checked rear seats and what amazingly was left with almost 7 inches more legroom available after my knees, wow! but one thing wasent good was underthigh support which though mey be done by adding foam covers.Plastic quality is superb and is the USB of this car, you would fall in love with this car once you are inside it.Addition to NHC, same music player but along with CD player which was not in city, but again lacks on USB drive which is not provided just aux in is given,sound quality is good and also controls are on steering as honda's trademark.Steering is light and i was able to drive very easily in that parking around those pillars which once i felt wont be able to get through, engine feels super super silent, once just checked is it on or not by pushing the pedal in that basement :lol!: .Lots of bottle holders,cubby holes and space provided in corners of the car, dash is nicely designed and two glovebox are given as said by hummer.Overall nice package and approx on road price of manual jazz would be around 7.5/- to 7.7/-.Yes you heard it right but would confirm on wednesday.Well comparision to fabia and i20 yes this is expensive but was way too comfortable, superb engine and never felt sluggish but yet to drive on road for its perfect comparision, two front airbags,srs,ABS,sadly no auto climate control and no alloys which we felt should be given.The engine gives output of 90bhp which is quite sufficient for this car and this small engine.Jazz comes with E10 compatible and also meets Euro IV norms.
    SPECIFICATIONS:
    ENGINE : TYPE SOHC I-VTEC
    NO. OF CYLINDERS 4
    NO. OC VALVES 16
    DISPLACEMENT 1198
    MAX.POWER(CC) 90(66)@6200
    MAX.TORQUE 110(11.2)@4800
    FUEL SUPPLY PGM-FI
    TRANSMISSION: MANUAL 5 FORWARD,1 REVERSE
    STEERING : TYPE COLLAPSIBLE ELECTRIC,POWER aSSISTED
    TURNING RADIUS(M) 4.9
    BRAKE SYSTEM: FRONT DISC
    REAR DRUM
    SUSPENSION : FRONT MCPHERSON STRUT
    REAR TORSION BEAM AXLE
    DIMENSION &
    WEIGHT : OVERALL LENGTH(MM) 3900
    OVERALL WIDTH(MM) 1695
    OVERALL HIGHT(MM) 1535
    WHEELBASE(MM) 2500
    THREAD(F/R)(MM) 1490/1475
    GROUND CLEARANCE 160
    KERB WEIGHT 1055
    TYRE SIZE 175/65 R15 84T
    FUEL TANK CAP. 42
    SEATING CAPACITY 5
    Here goes the list of features and equipments on current Jazz and also possible the same for auto jazz which might come later with same features.
    EXTERIORS
    BODY COLORED BUMPERS
    BODY COLORED OUTSIDE VIEW MIRROR
    BODY COLORED DOOR HANDLES
    HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS
    GREEN GLASS
    REAR MICRO ANTENNA

INTERIORS
    INTEGRATED AUDIO WITH AM/FM CD MP3+ AUX IN
    STEERING MOUNTED AUDIO CONTROLS
    FRONT AND REAR SPEAKERS
    AUTO VOLUME BY SPEED
    SEAT FABRIC COLOR (TITANUIM)
    MAGIC SEATS
    REAR SEAT 60:40 SPLIT
    SEAT BACK POCKET (PASSENGER SIDE)
    INSIDE DOOR HANDLE COLOR (SILVER)

SAFETY AND SECURITY
    DUAL FRONT SRS AIRBAGS
    ABS WITH BRAKE ASSIST
    EBD(ELECTRONIC BRAKE FORCE DISTRIBUTION)
    G-CON(G FORCE CONTROL TECHNOLOGY)
    ECU IMMOBILIZER
    FRONT SEATBELT PRETENSIONER WITH LOAD LIMITER
    DRIVER SEAT BELT REMIDER
    DRIVER AUTO PINCH GUARD
    DAY/NIGHT INSIDE REAR VIEW MIRROS
    REAR WINDSHEILD DEFOGGER
    REAR WIPER
    HIGH MOUNT STOP LAMP
    FULL SIZE SPARE TYRE

CONVENIENCE
    AIR CONDITIONER WITH HEATER
    TILT STEERING COLUMN
    DRIVE BY WIRE
    KEYLESS ENTRY WITH ANSWER BACK
    POWER DOOR LOCK
    POWER DOOR MIRROR
    POWER WINDOWS FRONT AND REAR
    FRONT POWER WINDOW AUTO UP AND DOWN (DRIVER)
    DUAL GLOVE BOX
    INSTRUMENT PANEL POCKETS
    FRONT AND REAR CONSOLE POCKETS
    FRONT AND REAR DOOR LINING POCKETS
    DRIVER AND PASSENGER VANITY MIRROR
    AVERAGE FUEL CONSUMPTION DISPLAY
    INSTANT FUEL CONSUMPTION DISPLAY
    DISTANCE TO EMPTY RANGE
    HEADLIGHT HIGHT ADJUSTER
    FRONT SEAT BELT HEIGHT ADJUSTER
    FRONT AND REAR SEAT ADJUSTABLE HEADREST
    KEY ALARM
    HEADLIGHT ALARM
    FOOT REST
    ACCESSORY SOCKET
    COAT HANGER

COLOURS AVAILABLE
    DEEP SAPPHIRE BLUE
    SHERBET BLUE
    HABANERO RED
    ALABASTER SILVER
    CRYSTAL BLACK PEARL
    TAFETA WHITE.

well friends tried to cover the most i can, still you feel something missing or want to know just keep on with your questions.A proper test drive on roads would be on wednesday along with proper pictures.Till the experience so far, and my td with i20 too yes its almost 1L more expensive to i20 but worth going for.I dont see any competetion for jazz cause honda has its own customer base which doesnt go around market to check out other vehicles but IMO yes it might affect the sales of its own honda city.Thanks.
    Tomorrow is the official launch date of Jazz.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 9th June 2009, 12:50 pm

@Vijay: Thanks again for the detailed info on Jazz, Can you put some pics which you snapped from your cam yesterday, because them one hummer has posted aren't much clear. :)

Crazy cat wrote:Magic seats? :lol: ok, i couldn't understand exactly what it is. Is it like Xylo's seats? Any pics?
    CC, This is what they call "Magic"Seats.
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Nu62fvhn34

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th June 2009, 1:03 pm

one thing i forgot to add is that there is no provision for parcel tray in the boot, not possible for aftermarket job also, but there's a small holder at the boot right side pocket and a jacket hook along with.Yes there's much talked about magic seats but I would have loved if it could double tumble like getz/indica which gives more luggage space, but good thing is that now you get two storage space now with those magic seats as once you upfold the seating seat you have partition within the car which can allow you to put things in two compartments for luggage, good thought.If i were to buy new car with 7L+ budget and was thinking for honda city, i would definately drop my plans and go for jazz which is more roomier then NHC and also saves 1L in price difference.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th June 2009, 1:05 pm

thackervijay wrote:Steering is light and i was able to drive very easily in that parking around those pillars which once i felt wont be able to get through, engine feels super super silent, once just checked is it on or not by pushing the pedal in that basement :lol!: .

I guess you covered everything, save for the drive on actual roads. Did you rev the engine hard in the basement?

@vibhor, thanks buddy. It'll be useful to carry some big things.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 9th June 2009, 1:09 pm

thackervijay wrote: ...Yes there's much talked about magic seats but I would have loved if it could double tumble like getz/indica which gives more luggage space...
    nope vijay. the Jazz solution for the seats gets more luggage space.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th June 2009, 1:14 pm

im_hummer_freak wrote:
    thackervijay wrote: ...Yes there's much talked about magic seats but I would have loved if it could double tumble like getz/indica which gives more luggage space...

What is double tumble? if i'm not wrong it is folding of seats right?

@hummer, if Jazz can also fold completely like other hatches, it would be very practical. See, you can carry things big in size.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th June 2009, 1:16 pm

im_hummer_freak wrote:

no buddy, when the rear seats are not folded you get a compartment in between in that space on luggage space, as rear seats are seated when you upfold the seatng bench which doesnt let you to use the whole space in that manner, only when u tumble the seats once which gets to full bed flat which is useful.Do remind me of this tomorrow on our TD which would make us more clear for this.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 9th June 2009, 1:24 pm

here i have made some quick rough sketches. you can understand why i say Jazz has more space.
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image057
    Honda Jazz TAI Review on pg.20+Pics on Pg.17! - Page 10 Image058

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26th June 2024, 6:36 am