The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
napster
Vlad
fitsandy
car-o-static
abhinavgupta
archit
dcargod
Zal
abhi_qpotsiavs
im_hummer_freak
Road Rocket
zinam
thackervijay
Crazy cat
Vibhor
19 posters

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 7 Empty Re: Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

Post  Vibhor 17th May 2009, 12:42 pm

Nice pic, Ritz is looking nice with side skirts, One can modify it even more and give it a very sporty touch! :)

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 7 Empty Re: Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

Post  Crazy cat 17th May 2009, 12:57 pm

Yeah Ritz looks nice with painted headlamps, skirts, sporty bumpers, etc.. Are all these jobs can be done in MS dealerships?
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 17th May 2009, 12:58 pm

this pic looks good but rims are too smallif they were bigger it would look awesome!
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 17th May 2009, 1:02 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Yeah Ritz looks nice with painted headlamps, skirts, sporty bumpers, etc.. Are all these jobs can be done in MS dealerships?
    Yeah!Maybe, If not big mods then atleast sideskirting,alloys and all will be available on dealerships but mind you they cost quite high in comparo with your local accessory dealer(even if the quality offered by both are same). :)

VT
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 17th May 2009, 1:32 pm

Maruti has launched its seventh small car, and of course, we’ve driven it! While you have to wait for the June issue of BSM for a detailed drive story, here are over a dozen things you wanted to know about the Suzuki Ritz, but didn’t know whom to ask

Is it bigger than the Swift?
    It is not bigger than the Swift, though it is taller overall. It shares the same platform as the Swift.

If it is known as the Suzuki Splash abroad, why is it not called the same in India?
    Because the title 'Splash' is registered by Ford in India. So expect a Ranger pick-up version called Splash soon.

Is it easy to get in and out of the Ritz?
    Yes, your parents will find it convenient to get in and out of the Ritz. You simply walk into the car — no more bending. Getting out is a breeze too. The near-SUV-like driving position is great when you have to spend long hours in traffic.

Why should you consider the Ritz when you can buy the established Swift, in both petrol and diesel?
    Well, you should stick to your guns and buy the Swift if what you are looking for is out and out driving pleasure. The USP of the Ritz is a funkier and yet practical body style along with an airy, refreshing cabin.

What is so unique about the Ritz interior?
    A two-tone colour-coordinated interior makes it look less plasticky, to begin with. Then there is the dash-mounted gear lever (yes, it is creeping back towards the steering column!), pricey bits from expensive cars like the SX4 (steering wheel), a large single speedo (like in the new Mini), a very ‘after market’ tachometer and brilliant ergonomics. We loved it.

Is it the same petrol engine as in the Swift?
    Well, the petrol engine is all new — designated K12, this DOHC unit displaces 1197cc to develop 84 bhp at 6000 rpm and 11.3 kgm at 4500 rpm. It is expected to return 13-14 kpl.

How about the diesel?
    The diesel unit is similar to the one that powers the diesel versions of the Swift and Swift Dzire. This 74 bhp engine has lots of torque at 19 kgm and can return 15-20 kpl depending on driving conditions.

Is it still being produced in Europe?
    Yes, it is a very successful car under the name Suzuki Splash in Europe. Actually, this car was designed in Europe with European sensibilities in mind.

Is it quick and spirited to drive?
    It is adequately quick and fast, if not spine-chillingly so. Want more involvement? Then buy the Swift.

How does it handle potholed roads?
    Ride quality on bad roads is way better than that of the Swift, thanks to improved shock absorbers. The car is well planted around corners too, if you are interested.

Can I buy it with airbags and ABS?
    Yes, the ZXi version with the petrol engine comes with ABS-EBD (anti-lock braking system and electronic brake distribution — prevents the wheels locking up under heavy braking. For example, you can steer around a cow or a pedestrian while standing on the brake) and airbags. If you are a diesel car buyer, you cannot avail of passive safety in the form of airbags, but you can still opt for ABS+EBD in the VDi variant.

What else can I consider, if not the Ritz?
    Well, you have the Hyundai i20 with its 1.2-litre petrol engine, for starters. It’s a quality small car with lots of space, but the engine lacks grunt. Another choice is the Skoda Fabia, that also boasts of great build quality, good space and ride. But the engines (1.2 petrol and 1.4 diesel) are adequate at best and the car is pricey to buy and maintain too. The upcoming Fiat Grande Punto and the Honda Jazz could upset matters here for the Ritz, but it all depends on how they price it.

One thing we would do to improve the Ritz package?
    Launch a version with matte-black bumpers and offer it in taxi colours — this car, with its enormous interior space and with a frugal diesel engine, makes for a brilliant taxi cab.

Source: Cartradeindia.com
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 17th May 2009, 1:47 pm

I don't think that the Ritz has 'ENORMOUS' interior space at all.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 17th May 2009, 3:34 pm

Ritz has the same space of Swift, but as the ritz is tall, it will lend some spacious and airy feel.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th May 2009, 1:05 pm

Nice FAQs about Ritz RR, Didn't knew that Ford has already registered the Name "Splash"!

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th May 2009, 3:22 pm

Me and Hummer went last evening to check out Ritz, believe me for once it does looks eye catching cause of its rear looks, something different.Fit and finish quality of plastics is the best till now.didnt liked the tachometer fitted on dash seperatly.Rear seats are smaller to swift, head room is very good but 3 adults wont fit comfortably on rear bench, over all good alternative to swift and is 2500/-cheaper to swift(read both diesel VDi model), dash mounted gear shift is boon and easy to access, but having said that the space which is free from its centre gear shaft hasent been utilised properly, glove box is placed very down under the open storage tray on dash which is good, but being that glove box that below makes difficult to access if front passenger is accomodate along.Overall couldnt drive this car but feels new and refresh from its rear looks but for me personally would like to buy swift instead of ritz.So now maruti gives you two options to choose from like Wagon R and Estile with same engine and space with different body, its way with Swift and Ritz too available with both petrol and diesel options.I think hummer would like to add few things if i missed on commenting something.Thanks.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 30th May 2009, 3:35 pm

well as vijay has already added everything. its more of a personal choice between swift and ritz. i found only one reason for buying ritz and that is if you are bored of swift and want to buy something new and fresh. besides that there's nothin really to talk about. yes plastic qualities have improved as vija alread mentioned. the design sometimes does grow on you. and the feel of a new car prevails throughout the car.

well, coming to my verdict : i would still choose swift. for the overall feel as a driver and passenger is better in swift. looks are a matter of personal interest so i wont speak about them but if we talk about space, swift feels roomier than ritz. if someone like vijay (6ft +) is sitting on the drivers seat. it was difficult for me (5.10ft) to get into the rear seat of ritz. swift was comparitively better if not good. most of that can be attributed to swift's more upright position which also helps in better under thigh support. boot is almost the same size and so are the external dimensions.
    finally we stand at a distance from both the cars standing side by side. and i know, yes swift is the car i would like to be seen in.

P.S. i'll chip in more if i remember anything.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 30th May 2009, 3:47 pm

thackervijay wrote:Me and Hummer went last evening to check out Ritz, believe me for once it does looks eye catching cause of its rear looks, something different.Fit and finish quality of plastics is the best till now.didnt liked the tachometer fitted on dash seperatly.Rear seats are smaller to swift, head room is very good but 3 adults wont fit comfortably on rear bench, over all good alternative to swift and is 2500/-cheaper to swift(read both diesel VDi model), dash mounted gear shift is boon and easy to access, but having said that the space which is free from its centre gear shaft hasent been utilised properly, glove box is placed very down under the open storage tray on dash which is good, but being that glove box that below makes difficult to access if front passenger is accomodate along.Overall couldnt drive this car but feels new and refresh from its rear looks but for me personally would like to buy swift instead of ritz.So now maruti gives you two options to choose from like Wagon R and Estile with same engine and space with different body, its way with Swift and Ritz too available with both petrol and diesel options.I think hummer would like to add few things if i missed on commenting something.Thanks.

im_hummer_freak wrote:well as vijay has already added everything. its more of a personal choice between swift and ritz. i found only one reason for buying ritz and that is if you are bored of swift and want to buy something new and fresh. besides that there's nothin really to talk about. yes plastic qualities have improved as vija alread mentioned. the design sometimes does grow on you. and the feel of a new car prevails throughout the car.

well, coming to my verdict : i would still choose swift. for the overall feel as a driver and passenger is better in swift. looks are a matter of personal interest so i wont speak about them but if we talk about space, swift feels roomier than ritz. if someone like vijay (6ft +) is sitting on the drivers seat. it was difficult for me (5.10ft) to get into the rear seat of ritz. swift was comparitively better if not good. most of that can be attributed to swift's more upright position which also helps in better under thigh support. boot is almost the same size and so are the external dimensions.
    finally we stand at a distance from both the cars standing side by side. and i know, yes swift is the car i would like to be seen in.

P.S. i'll chip in more if i remember anything.

Well hat's a good joint report by you two guys. Soma facts which i thought Ritz had more advantage were wrong like price(only 2.5k difference?) and rear seat space(Swift still better?).

I too prefer Swift, just for its driver friendly nature. And believe me, it has got one of the most comfortable seats, but rear seats are letdown by poor legroom. OD rated Swift's front seats are best, in a test between Swift, Getz and Fabia.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 30th May 2009, 3:53 pm

Crazy cat wrote: Well hat's a good joint report by you two guys. Soma facts which i thought Ritz had more advantage were wrong like price(only 2.5k difference?) and rear seat space(Swift still better?).

I too prefer Swift, just for its driver friendly nature. And believe me, it has got one of the most comfortable seats, but rear seats are letdown by poor legroom. OD rated Swift's front seats are best, in a test between Swift, Getz and Fabia.
    yes cc thats true the front seats are the best on swift. in the rear seats ritz has slightly more headroom than swift. but the width of the rear seat is more in swift. and also the legroom is slightly better in swift.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th May 2009, 3:56 pm

yeah as we said (me and hummer) given choice we still would buy swift to Ritz mainly cause of its overall package and feel good factor which for us didnt felt the same with ritz.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 30th May 2009, 4:31 pm

Even I checked out the Ritz and I too feel that the only good thing about the rear is easy ingress and egress. It also feels roomy and airy as opposed to the swift. But as far as the seat comfort is concerned, Swift wins on counts of more under thigh support and a tad more legroom.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 30th May 2009, 9:22 pm

Excellent points there.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st June 2009, 11:15 am

Check this out. What i feel is this comparison is biased as expected. But a new and less knowledge buyer will be carried away.
    Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 7 Poster_Ritz
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 1st June 2009, 11:25 am

i think the sun roof thing on i10 is optional,
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 1st June 2009, 1:05 pm

lol. it has to be biased. afterall its a hyundai add.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 1st June 2009, 1:16 pm

im_hummer_freak wrote:lol. it has to be biased. afterall its a hyundai add.

he he yeah has to be no wonder.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 1st June 2009, 6:33 pm

These kind of things always happen with car manufacturers. They always pick upon their rivals and try to show them down. People seeing those ads go out and buy the cars without making an unbiased decision.

Once I went to a motor show and a sales guy was showing me a Skoda Fabia. He was comparing it to the Swift VDi. He said that Swift was nearly barren in comparison to the Fabia. Some lack of features and specs were true but others were a blatant lie. Why should someone say bad about the other manufacturers? One should just stick to the virtues of his own manufacturer and if need be, make informed comments and not off the cuff just because of selling their cars. If the truth unfolds, then it is them who will suffer.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 1st June 2009, 7:45 pm

dcargod wrote:These kind of things always happen with car manufacturers. They always pick upon their rivals and try to show them down. People seeing those ads go out and buy the cars without making an unbiased decision.

Once I went to a motor show and a sales guy was showing me a Skoda Fabia. He was comparing it to the Swift VDi. He said that Swift was nearly barren in comparison to the Fabia. Some lack of features and specs were true but others were a blatant lie. Why should someone say bad about the other manufacturers? One should just stick to the virtues of his own manufacturer and if need be, make informed comments and not off the cuff just because of selling their cars. If the truth unfolds, then it is them who will suffer.

this is true, and this is just a way opted by manufacturers to sell their cars
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st June 2009, 9:58 pm

I don't like the salesman who points out the negatives of other cars. Once i was in the Tata showroom(For TD of Indigo Dicor), the salesman said Logan has suspension failure. Then i pointed him our car and said that's our car, come lets have a drive. He was dumbfounded. :war:
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 2nd June 2009, 9:48 am

Crazy cat wrote:I don't like the salesman who points out the negatives of other cars. Once i was in the Tata showroom(For TD of Indigo Dicor), the salesman said Logan has suspension failure. Then i pointed him our car and said that's our car, come lets have a drive. He was dumbfounded. :war:

wow, that was good CC, what we lack is that we but that piece of crap from those sales person, just dont let them sell you those craps from other cars and see the difference in their appearance.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 2nd June 2009, 10:03 am

Day before yesterday, while going out with family on the L&T Bye-pass, i spotted a MS truck. Nothing was unloaded but i could see a white Ritz to be the first car over there. While i was nearing it, i found the rear bumper had two big dents(like two pole like thing has laid stress on the bumper), though paint was intact. I just completed a toll, so i was gaining speed(around 20-30) but i didn't stop to take pics. I think it is quite common for new cars getting damaged in truck. But we must make sure that there aren't any signs of the painting job done.

And yesterday i spotted the first Ritz on road. That was quick actually. I could hardly see A-stars here and this Ritz i guess sells well.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 2nd June 2009, 11:01 am

i found around 10 Ritz on road in hyderabad, dint look as bad it was in the photos,

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 8:07 am