The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
napster
Vlad
fitsandy
car-o-static
abhinavgupta
archit
dcargod
Zal
abhi_qpotsiavs
im_hummer_freak
Road Rocket
zinam
thackervijay
Crazy cat
Vibhor
19 posters

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 Empty Re: Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

Post  Vibhor 9th May 2009, 4:14 pm

You can check Ritz's TD Report here -
    http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=3011

Engine
    Fuel optionDieselPetrol
    No. of cylinders44
    Engine cc12481197
    Max power74bhp @ 4000rpm84bhp @ 4000rpm
    Max torque19.37kgm @ 2000rpm11.52kgm @ 4500rpm
    Transmission5 speed manual
    Performance
    KPHTime (sec)Time (sec)
    0-20Km1.2768 sec1.2288
    0-403.24483.0336
    0-605.55845.6064
    0-809.46568.6976
    0-10014.361613.3344
    0-120
    in gear acceleration
    20-80 3rd
    40-100 4th15.3623.7
    Dimensions in mm
    Overall length3715
    Overall width1680
    Overall height1620

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 21lqqflMaruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 U1y84Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 30n956fMaruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 Aey1xwMaruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 Qzj0g2Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 288cc93Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 2ceqg5d
    (Source: Autocar India)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 5 Empty Re: Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

Post  Crazy cat 9th May 2009, 4:19 pm

Figures of the petrol variant are not what i expected, may be due to its weight.

Ritz actually looks good in these pics.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 9th May 2009, 4:21 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Figures of the petrol variant are not what i expected, may be due to its weight.

Ritz actually looks good in these pics.
    :lol!: CC, Ritz is a good car in real too, but in the starting of this thread most of you were criticizing it!Great work again Maruti Suzuki!Keep it up 👍 but just phase out those old models.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th May 2009, 4:39 pm

Well what i said is the rear doesn't go well with the car. But even now when look back the old pics, i'm not liking it, it looks bland in the front and sharp at the back. May be :stupid:
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 9th May 2009, 6:34 pm

true the rear isnt matching wiht the car, :agree:
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 9th May 2009, 8:35 pm

Rear looks like it's been dented by some other car!!!! :laugh:
    I just can't grasp the car's looks and interiors.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 9th May 2009, 10:13 pm

thats true, but the interiors and front are good,
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 10th May 2009, 9:07 am

looks okay to me, overall seems promosing and with DDiS engine, always going to do wonders and its maruti, it sells anycar,anything with that badge.:D

Last edited by thackervijay on 10th May 2009, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 10th May 2009, 10:45 am

In ACI's Ritz test drive report, it is said that the DDis doesn't perform as good in the Ritz as it does in the Swift. The turbo lag in the diesel is excess, and the K12M is peppy, but is very sluggish and unexciting motor. The interior still looks similiar and claustrophobic to me, although it is much better than of any other Maruti. The Headlamps and the Tail-lamps are a bit to large and don't look really nice. Boot space is unrealistic, come on yaar, just 142 Liters, it's ridiculous. Looks like no out of city aspirations for families who buy the Ritz. The gear lever is placed pretty oddly and the Ritz does not have as many storage spaces and cubbyholes it's siblings have. I can see no Auto Climate Control, and this is the ZXi variant as we can all see. The Speedometer looks pretty cool, but the pop-up-tacho doesn't. The rear seat space is not as much as it was Hyped, similar to the Swift. Front seats are Okay.
    Overall a good city car, but i'd prefer the i10 over Ritz.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 10th May 2009, 11:44 am

hmm, nice review any oter negative ssides of it?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 10th May 2009, 2:34 pm

Any one played that jigsaw puzzle game on Ritz's site?

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 10th May 2009, 2:40 pm

Well all other sites have their own say of story, mostly heard is that Ritz is a family car as to swift, easy for segressin and out.Fit and finish is better to swift but still some touch of maruti built is seen, lets see if any of our members get chance to check out ritz and share it.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 10th May 2009, 3:07 pm

any TAI member planning to get this thing?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 10th May 2009, 9:12 pm

Check out this interesting Maruti Ritz crash test video -

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 10th May 2009, 10:45 pm

I'm posting a crash test of Swift, just to compare the build strength, as we know about Swift so we can judge about Ritz too.

I feel Ritz is better built. What is your opinion?

I have a doubt, where does the engine goes, in those tests? The bonnet looks like chopped off and it is more likely for the engine to enter cabin.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 10th May 2009, 10:56 pm

i guess ritz is built with better quality after looking at the tests
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 11th May 2009, 6:35 am

The bonnet is small. Very small.
    AND COME ON MARUTI CAN'T YOU UPGRADE SOME SAFETY STANDARDS!!!!!
    Really, these days hatchbacks are getting top quality safety, but MSIL doesn't think safety is necessary.
    Look at Jazz, i20 etc. These come with safety standards not available in 13 lakh cars.
    For Maruti, Safety is just airbags with ABS in the top end ZXi petrol. Safety is not considered a priority for diesel, MSIL surely hav slow minds.
    No technologies like G-CON in Honda or anything like that, how boring.....no!!!!!!!!

UNSAFE!!!!!!!!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 11th May 2009, 11:02 am

autodude sparsh wrote:The bonnet is small. Very small.
    AND COME ON MARUTI CAN'T YOU UPGRADE SOME SAFETY STANDARDS!!!!!
    Really, these days hatchbacks are getting top quality safety, but MSIL doesn't think safety is necessary.
    Look at Jazz, i20 etc. These come with safety standards not available in 13 lakh cars.
    For Maruti, Safety is just airbags with ABS in the top end ZXi petrol. Safety is not considered a priority for diesel, MSIL surely hav slow minds.
    No technologies like G-CON in Honda or anything like that, how boring.....no!!!!!!!!

UNSAFE!!!!!!!!

absolutely mate, MS seems to take out new models around, does nothing for its quality and safety measures which for them is abs,still needs to pull up to compete in that features with other players, as far as sales is concerned MS is always ahead in our market without any doubt.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 11th May 2009, 11:27 am

Still Maruti Cars sell like HOT CAKES!!!!!! :frustration:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 12:14 pm

autodude sparsh wrote:Still Maruti Cars sell like HOT CAKES!!!!!! :frustration:
    We Indians are inclined towards what we get from our car, rather than safety. FE, VFM, A.S.S. are in favor of Indians and that's where MS scores.
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 11th May 2009, 12:55 pm

Crazy cat wrote:
    We Indians are inclined towards what we get from our car, rather than safety. FE, VFM, A.S.S. are in favor of Indians and that's where MS scores.

Maruti came with M800 when there was only Ambi & Padmini where the ultimate choice ! And they have established so well that they can compete in show room price & after sales service. No other manufacturer has, except TATA, this advantage :winkthumb: (Hyundai is picking up). Most of the Indians looks at the price and maintainance cost before deciding on the car to buy. :scratch: and that is where Maruti has its upper hand ! It will take another few years before Indian customers change their primary focus FROM total cost invloved TO safety, technology & comfort. But definitly, there are changes happening and especilally new generation is looking at these factors, I presume :)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 12:59 pm

shynishm wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:

Maruti came with M800 when there was only Ambi & Padmini where the ultimate choice ! And they have established so well that they can compete in show room price & after sales service. No other manufacturer has, except TATA, this advantage :winkthumb: (Hyundai is picking up). Most of the Indians looks at the price and maintainance cost before deciding on the car to buy. :scratch: and that is where Maruti has its upper hand ! It will take another few years before Indian customers change their primary focus FROM total cost invloved TO safety, technology & comfort. But definitly, there are changes happening and especilally new generation is looking at these factors, I presume :)
    you meant to say that TATA has a good service like the marythi suzuki?
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 11th May 2009, 1:11 pm

OH NO !!!!!!! Their service was one of the worst !!!!! (Second of course goes to TVS... they had ruined Fiat in India :D ) That's the reason why lot of TATA vehicle based service centers flourished in India. Though most of these service centers where lacking professionally trained people, they where successful in giving better service. But recent tie up with Fiat has made some changes in TATA and they where closely studying Maruti's operations and had conducted work shops in all major regions for their sales and service team . I don't know whether this has really helped them :D.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 1:18 pm

lol, thats what i was wondering, TATA has the worst assistance, very irresponsible work crew and staff
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 11th May 2009, 2:44 pm

still everything sells in our market, say it maruti or tata, we still want cheaper cars with cheaper to run with cheaper to maintain, hope new generation gets more quality demanding and company;s start giving them.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 7:57 am