The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
napster
Vlad
fitsandy
car-o-static
abhinavgupta
archit
dcargod
Zal
abhi_qpotsiavs
im_hummer_freak
Road Rocket
zinam
thackervijay
Crazy cat
Vibhor
19 posters

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

napster
    napster

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 6 Empty Re: Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 2:47 pm

hope so, i guessw e are going :offtopic:
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched - Page 6 Empty Re: Maruti Ritz coming; Now launched

Post  Road Rocket 11th May 2009, 6:49 pm

In both the videos, Swift is looking much safer to me, Ritz is more damaged.
    BTW, What were the results of NCAP test?

RoadRocket
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 11th May 2009, 7:00 pm

I felt both the models more or less are same on safety. The side impact is really bad... see the head and neck movement of the dummy inside !!! May be MSIL should learn lessons from Hyundai's i20.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 10:38 pm

I felt Ritz was better in side impact, as the intrusion in Swift was bad and dummy was pushed to passenger seat.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 10:40 pm

in these planned crashes itself its being damaged soo much, on the roads tere are more worse accidentns whcih can take place so what will be the position of the passengers in that case?
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 11th May 2009, 10:44 pm

napster wrote:in these planned crashes itself its being damaged soo much, on the roads tere are more worse accidentns whcih can take place so what will be the position of the passengers in that case?

RIP :( .

ADMIN: Please avoid posting such posts which do not add any quality to the forum. In future such posts will be deleted without any warning.Kindly Co-operate, Thanks.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 12th May 2009, 10:23 am

but guys this is what maruti is serving to indian customers till now, its this time that consumers are more alert and knows more about quality given and needed, hope upcoming models does see such changes, though have heard that ritz is better as compared to swift in its built quality and plastics used and fitted.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 12th May 2009, 10:43 am

We can't expect a tank like safety in a small family hatchback, All carmakers should atleast offer safety features like Airbags,ABS, EBD as standard in these cars.In future we might see them.

VT
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 12th May 2009, 12:20 pm

shynishm wrote:
    napster wrote:in these planned crashes itself its being damaged soo much, on the roads tere are more worse accidentns whcih can take place so what will be the position of the passengers in that case?

RIP :( .

ADMIN: Please avoid posting such posts which do not add any quality to the forum. In future such posts will be deleted without any warning.Kindly Co-operate, Thanks.

@Admin: Please feel free to do. As you could see, I never intended to do any harm! Of course, that was the immediate reaction came into my mind and just happened to post it in the spur 8O
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 12th May 2009, 2:55 pm

Heres International Ritz's advert. -

VT
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 14th May 2009, 2:06 pm

Nice advertisement.
    Well, The Ritz will be launching here tomorrow, So anyone going to Test Drive it?

RoadRocket
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 14th May 2009, 7:12 pm

Dimensions:

Length x Width X Height : 3710mm X 1680mm X 1590mm
    Wheelbase: 2360mm
    Front track: 1470mm
    Rear track: 1480mm
    Ground Clearance: 170mm
    Turning Radius: 4.5mm
    Kerb Weight: Petrol - 1045 kgs, Diesel - 1150 kgs
    Fuel Tank Capacity: 45 liters
    Boot Capacity: 205 liters

Engines:
    1.2 KB Series 4-Cylinder Petrol
    All Aluminium 1197 cc DOHC
    16 Valves, 4 Valves Per Cylinder
    Max Power: 85PS@5500 RPM
    Max Torque: 117NM@4200 RPM
    1.3 DDiS 4-Cylinder Diesel
    All Aluminium, 1248 cc DOHC
    16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
    Fixed Geometry Turbocharger with Intercooler
    Max power: 75PS@4000 RPM
    Max Torque: 190NM@1,750-2,250RPM

Brakes:
    Front: Ventilated Disc
    Rear: Drum, leading and trailing (self-adjusting)
    ABS: Standard on ZXi/Optional on VXi/VDi

Suspension:
    Front: MacPherson strut & coil spring
    Rear: Torsion beam & coil spring

Tyres:
    165/80 R14 (LXi/LDi, VXi/VDi with steel wheels)
    185/70 R14 (ZXi with alloys)

Standard Features:

LXi/LDi
    Exteriors
    Body Coloured Bumpers
    Steel Wheels with hub cap

Interiors
    Power Steering
    Adjustible Front Seat Head Restraint

Safety
    4 ELR seat belts with lap belt for 5th passenger
    iCATS

VXi/ VDi - adds on to Lxi/Ldi
    Exteriors
    Body Coloured Mirrors and Door Handles
    Front and Rear Fog Lamps
    Full Wheel Covers

Interiors
    Audio System, Integrated cd/mp3/wma with aux-in
    2 Speakers
    A/C and Heater (HVAC)
    Dual Digital Trip Meter
    Manual Central Locking
    All 4 power windows
    Rear Seat Single Bench Folding
    Power Outlet On Central Console
    Vanity Mirror On Left Sun Visor
    Front and Rear Seat Adjustable Head Restraints
    Grey and Black Dual Tone Interior
    Fabric Insert on door trims
    Front Seat Back Pocket (behind driver’s seat only)
    3-position Central Cabin Light
    Co-Driver Seat Under Tray

Safety

4 ELR Seat Belts with lap belt for 5th passenger
    iCATS

ZXi adds on to VXi
    Exteriors
    Alloy Wheels with 185/70 R14 tyres
    Chrome Plated Front Grille

Interiors
    AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL
    Silver Lining on central console
    Silver Finished 3-spoke steering wheel
    Stereo Remote (separate)
    Tilt Steering
    Driver’s seat height adjuster
    Pop-Up Tachometer
    Rear Parcel Tray

Safety and Security
    iCATS
    Dual Airbags
    ABS Standard
    Remote Keyless Entry Security System
    Rear Defogger
    Rear Wiper and Washer

Colour Options :-
    Pearl Metallic Arctic White
    Silky Silver
    Midnight black
    Almore Grey
    Green
    Cool Blue
    Ravishing Red
    Chocolate Brown
    (source: Motorbeam)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 15th May 2009, 9:53 am

Driver’s seat height adjuster

this is one good feature car manufacturers are giving these days
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 15th May 2009, 11:32 am

Well today is the ritz launch and its site is getting so much of traffic that it has stopped working, Something similar happened with A-Star's site too, on the day when it was going to launch! :lol!:

VT
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 15th May 2009, 1:43 pm

Maruti Ritz has been finally launched, and here are its price details -

Lxi - Rs.3,90,000/-
    Vxi - Rs.4,20,000/-
    Zxi - Rs.4.80,000/-
    Ldi - Rs.4,65,000/-
    Vdi - Rs.4,99,000/-

(**All prices Ex-Showroom Delhi)
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 15th May 2009, 2:11 pm

Nice pricing!
    I think it will be a bang-for-buck car like any other Maruti.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 15th May 2009, 5:48 pm

Excellent pricing i must say.
    Total VFM especially ZXi

Will surely give i10 a hard time.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 15th May 2009, 7:38 pm

In Delhi's local channel, They said that it would compete with i20 & Fabia! 😕

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 15th May 2009, 7:41 pm

ha ha ha, one more thing which surely would make you all laugh as much as i did,was watching news this this evening and this channed India TV came up with their test drive report of ritz and before showing that they kept on saying here's the comtetition for Nano from Maruti.Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 15th May 2009, 9:05 pm

hope they bring auto transmission too in ritz.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 16th May 2009, 11:14 am

Check the Ritz's Indian Advert.

Last edited by Vibhor on 16th May 2009, 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 16th May 2009, 1:49 pm

I am planning to TD the Ritz in a couple of days. Shall update all of you soon on it.

As far as safety is concerned, I feel that ABS is more necessary than airbags on our roads because they are of real use in the event of a high speed collision. I say this because I have recently had an experience myself. Our Swift recently had a head-on collision with a huge boulder placed on the middle of the road at speeds of around 80kmph. It happened at night and the weak headlights that most of our cars get is of no use either. The Airbags deployed and came out for only a fraction of a second. A close assessment later, I figured that the seatbelt was enough to save us.
    The greater shock came later at the service station. The folks there informed us that the total reparing cost would go over 1lac rupees, with replacing the Airbags costing 70k rupees, just IMAGINE!!!! They couldn't reduce the cost a little bit even. An enquiry to ACI suggested that the total cost shouldn't exceed 25k, which too is inflated. At the end, we are forced to get it repaired without fitting the Airbags.
    So, the moral is that, though you are getting a peace of mind experience with all these safety features, remember that getting them replaced after an eventuality will literally leave your pockets dry as manufacturers, even like MSIL will not spare you.
    So one can imagine that if a car like i20 undergoes a crash, its owners will have to fork out around 3-4lac just to get 6 Airbags fitted.

Coming back to the topic, I feel that Ritz's rear looks ugly, with the tail lights being the only saving grace. Ritz is meant to give a doze of versatility and practicality to the Swift.
    Even I feel that height adjustable seats are necessary in all models, otherwise it feels like you are sitting on the floor. I got the same feeling when I sat in the A-Star and the Swift DDiS, which donot get this feature.
    I also see that the Swift and the Ritz have been priced at par with each other, conforming to their motive of providing a practical alternative to the Swift.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 16th May 2009, 6:11 pm

dcargod wrote:So one can imagine that if a car like i20 undergoes a crash, its owners will have to fork out around 3-4lac just to get 6 Airbags fitted.

all 6 airbags probably wont inflate in a single collision! :D
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 16th May 2009, 7:22 pm

Ritz is very competitively priced, but isn't it in Swift's territory? Any one here know about current Swift prices?

@dcargod, yeah i agree with you that ABS is more important than accident, as ABS helps to prevent an accident(Prevention is better than cure ;) ). Are you planning to buy Ritz?
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 16th May 2009, 9:06 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 8:07 am