The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
fihast
napster
thackervijay
dcargod
im_hummer_freak
abhi_qpotsiavs
Road Rocket
Vibhor
archit
abhinavgupta
Crazy cat
coolboy007
16 posters

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

coolboy007
    coolboy007

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 9 Empty Re: My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

Post  coolboy007 12th June 2009, 12:52 pm

On my latest tankful i have got 11.8 km/l and am on a mileage run this weeked, trying to maximise mileage using some methods as follows

1. Have reduced my gearshifts RPM limit from 3000 to 2500, i know its very tough for me but just a matter of 1-2 weeks.
    2. As soon as cabin gets cool i switch off the ACC (24 degress) using compressore button , i know its stupid as ACC is there but am ok with a little less cool air for 1 min and its just for 2 weeks.
    3. Not doing sudden gear changes to 2nd from 3rd to get that intiitial pickup from the car.
    In the 91 kms travelled so far after tankful
    MID shows 12.2 km/l
    AVG SPEED 28 km/h
    Hope the MID is not making a fool of me and tricking me.

Kayaniv's AVG SPEED is 9 km/h way way bad. That means the car is just lugging in 1st gear or being idled with AC on and as a result that horrifying mileage figure of 6.xx :affraid: . Will update all of you with pics as proof when my car gets a tankful done again after this mileage marathon.
    kayaniv
    kayaniv

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 9 Empty Re: My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

Post  kayaniv 13th June 2009, 2:49 pm

hmmm.... i kinda got the point. will try to run my car more likly as said by u coolboy. thanks dude very much for your advise. :)

Last edited by raj_5004 on 18th June 2009, 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SMS lingo)
    kayaniv
    kayaniv

Post  kayaniv 17th June 2009, 10:43 pm

hey friends, just read about the FIAT PUNTO.. it has just been launched in delhi... it has gotten me a bit worried though..as i went through the technical details of the car i found out that all the Engine spec are same as Linea.. Only thing Punto differs from LINEA is just the boot i.e. its length.. now does that means Linea days are over as who'll spend a lakh more for just the boot... ???
    what has FIAT done here... :frustration:

Note From Admin: Please Read the Forum Rules before posting further, Smiley Limit is just 3 Per Post.Thanks.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 17th June 2009, 10:53 pm

kayaniv wrote:hey friends, just read about the FIAT PUNTO.. it has just been launched in delhi... it has gotten me a bit worried though..as i went through the technical details of the car i found out that all the Engine spec are same as Linea.. Only thing Punto differs from LINEA is just the boot i.e. its length.. now does that means Linea days are over as who'll spend a lakh more for just the boot... ???
    what has FIAT done here... :frustration:
    well kayaniv. both of them will still sell just like tata indica, tata indigo CS, tata indigo, tata indigoXL etc. sell.
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 5th July 2009, 4:43 pm

Here are the observations and my views on my 1st service of Linea at ABS motors gurgaon

1. Reached service centre at 10:20 am and within 2 minutes the SA came to me to prepare a jobcard.

2. They took all details and lead me to the way to customer lounge,
    now is the best part i liked about my service centre was that Lounge for cab drivers was different and for others a separate chilled lounge with "family waiting lounge written" was there. 

3. Went down to service bay, SA advised me against oil change. He quoted a whopping 4000 for engine oil and filter change . He told that if i still want to waste my money i can go ahead as they dont recomment it. NO OIL change was done. Rs 4000 isnt a small amount.

4. Told them to replace AC broken vent, it was replaced with a new one under warranty.

5. Fuel lid doesnt close properly, it was taken out and again replaced under warranty.

6. My FIAT logo on boot door was loose, they tightened it from inside the boot door.

7. Air filter was cleaned and all other liquids topped up. Air filter is opened by removing those 3 screws on engine cover.

8. Seat height adjuster and chrome strip they had no solutions, accepted its a manufacturing defect.

9. I told them about vibrations when steering is turned full turn . Went on a roadtest but noise didnt come so they couldnt work. They said there is a problem with 2 parts on shockers in initial Lineas.

Negatives about service 

1.They removed the front conole to change broken AC vent and i think they used screw drivers to take it out. It has made some damage (very little) to the black part. I just saw it at my appartments gate.

2. They said wheel alignment is chargeable , i was confused and said its a part of 1st service but they said they dont do it free. I said leave it, i will get it done outside.

It was a good experience with service centre, exterior and interior was cleaned nicely, all jobs carried out to satisfaction. People attended me immediately and everything done within 3 hours. I was chilling in an excellent customer lounge with airtel digital and a 32" lcd. 

To me, this experience is better or at par when i go to samara hyundai for my Santro services. Attending time at ABS was far better,

SA Ashok malik is a nice man. Its a good service centre and am happy i went here.

Overall experience 9/10.

Well done ABS motors.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 5th July 2009, 7:38 pm

So service is improving? 4000rs for oil and filter is way too high, that too for a petrol car. Did you check the manual about the time interval between changing parts? For every car, i think these should be changed at first service, better check with manual. For our Swift and Logan, 1st service was free, save for engine oil cost.

Customer lounge is quite similar to the Maruti service center here. A LCD, AC room, Internet, Tata Sky, newspapers and magazines. And there was a separate non-AC room for drivers.
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 5th July 2009, 8:21 pm

Crazy cat wrote:So service is improving? 4000rs for oil and filter is way too high, that too for a petrol car. Did you check the manual about the time interval between changing parts? For every car, i think these should be changed at first service, better check with manual. For our Swift and Logan, 1st service was free, save for engine oil cost.
    For Linea engine oil is full synthetic as service interval is very large of 15000 kms compared to others of max 10000 kms. I think 4000 rs for a synthetic oil and oil filter is quite decent. Fiat doesnt recommend oil change at 3000 kms and only at 15000 kms so i let it be and told SA not to change oils.I was going in for voluntary oil change but then 4000 bucks held me back.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th July 2009, 8:32 pm

cool!, linea doesnt need oil change for every 5000kms, which is followed by most of the cars in india, i use to get my oil change for every 5k kms, and they use to charge me around 1500 for oil and filters
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 5th July 2009, 8:46 pm

good to hear this for a FIAT, especially since its taken care by tatas. kudos!
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 5th July 2009, 9:42 pm

napster wrote:cool!, linea doesnt need oil change for every 5000kms, which is followed by most of the cars in india, i use to get my oil change for every 5k kms, and they use to charge me around 1500 for oil and filters
    Yeah, i wont mind spendin even 5-6 k for the 15000 kms service. The thing is i have to go just once in a year and waste my 3-4 hours sitting in a customer lounge. They said that 15k kms service at max will cost me 4-5k and that is what i have to spend on maintenance in a year for my car. I dont allow pick n drop for any of my car as i know how they drive and hate sitting for 4 hours clueless what to do.
    This is one of the major reasons i chose Linea over other C segment cars having service intervals of just 5k kms.
    raj_5004 wrote: good to hear this for a FIAT, especially since its taken care by tatas. kudos!
    Yeah, i wasnt sure what kind of a service i will get especially seeing some Linea owners werent happy with 1st service. I got the service done and each broken part was changed under warranty, even an AC vent which my dad broke while taking delivery. hats off to them.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 5th July 2009, 10:01 pm

It might be pretty decent, considering most petrol cars have 5 k service interval.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th July 2009, 10:02 pm

this is a good start you had coolboy,hope it continues the same in future too, i hope tata improves its A.S.S so that its customers get proper and reasonable & worthy service here after, if this really happens with all the customers of TATA and FIAT, im sure TATA will be on top of the chart
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 6th July 2009, 11:43 am

CB, nice to see that you were satisfied customer after first service which does a good job for TATA too, this is what really needs to be done and get that satisfactory results for customers and Fiat and Tata would be topping charts, good to see for fiat though, as what they really lacked was ASS for their superb cars.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 4:56 am