The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
fihast
napster
thackervijay
dcargod
im_hummer_freak
abhi_qpotsiavs
Road Rocket
Vibhor
archit
abhinavgupta
Crazy cat
coolboy007
16 posters

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

napster
    napster

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Empty Re: My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

Post  napster 10th May 2009, 4:58 pm

nice that you had fun driving your car but sad that your baby had scratches on it, i would have banged some one ifthey put scratches on m car, seriously :evil:
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Empty Re: My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

Post  Vibhor 10th May 2009, 6:30 pm

Hi coolboy,
    Welcome back, Hope you enjoyed your trip and please do post some pics of your trip here. :)

VT
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 10th May 2009, 6:41 pm

On our journey to Delhi back, had planned to start today morning but then off we went in our Linea at 2:30 PM, scorching sun after heavy rains.
    1. Car is a breeze to drive in hilly areas. All my fears of the "UNDERPOWERED" thing are dead now, not even once i felt that i wasnt able to climb steepest of roads in chintpurni with speed. With Linea speeds like 90-100 feel like we are doing 40-50 km/h.
    2. Reached chandigarh at 8:00 Pm. Road work is being done near kharad i guess and in pothholes, car's underbody scraped atleast 3 times, everytime my heart skipped a beat. GC is still a issue with 165 mm.
    Headlights and fog lamps are good and am not facing any issues with focussing which i read somewhere else.
    3. Stayed overnight at chandigarh and filled the car up at IBP again normal fuel. MID showed 13.1 and thats what i got from normal calculations.
    3rd gear is best for overdrive and engine goes all way till 6000 rpm without any fuss.
    4. At haryana, i was driving calmly at 100 km/h and a red GETZ came flashing lights at me with continous horn when i was at left and side was clear at night Signal was clear, he was inviting me in for race. I stealthily switched off the AC though i wouldnt have reqd it and pushed accelerator all the way down, within very less time i was at 140 and the MAX I TOUCHED WAS 155. GETZ was atleast a km away by then. He was defeated atleast 3 times like this, 4th time again he went ahead, this time i opened my left glass and waved bye bye and once more defeated him, after that let him on his own.
    Poor chap, think he read of "underpowered" thing too much and today tasted what a FIAT is made of.
    Conclusion : Car has provided me evrything i could want, Blu n me is a boon, braking, handling everything is good. A 100 CC more on Engine would have given this car a 10 on 10. Trip was excellent and my mom who always vomits when hilly curves start didnt do the same this time, thanks to Linea's suspensions.

Here are some pics
    My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea015

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea022

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea024

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea026

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea029

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea031

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea034

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea037

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea047

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea033

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea018
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 10th May 2009, 6:45 pm

nice clicks bro, did the dj put scratches afetr you clicked these pics? i cant find any scratches on these pics
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 10th May 2009, 6:54 pm

@ Napster

Yups, scratches were put after these photos were clicked. My Linea is all clean in these pics. If  i had Red or Black, the scatches would have been 1000 times more visible and i would have murdered that DJ.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 10th May 2009, 7:00 pm

lol, i would have burned him alive instead of murdering him, he should know how it pains to see ones ride scratched when its still brand new :evil:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 10th May 2009, 11:35 pm

Brake has always been a problem with Fiats, they are spongy in nature. How is the feel from the brake pedal?

I've face similar incidents like you had with Fiesta. I'll give a hard cut to them, as soon as i get ahead of them. If they tried to chase me, i'll never leave them to get past me at any cost. I'll become crazy for sometime.

It is real hard to see your new ride getting scratched. Can you please share the pics here?
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 11th May 2009, 8:02 am

@ Crazy cat,Brakes i find somewhat normal but accelerator pedal is quite hard compared to other cars. When ABS gets into work the pedal somehwat tries to get back into position with force.I didnt allow that Fiesta to overtake me then. With Scorpio i always give sharp cuts to such people who irritate me as soon as i get ahead but with Linea things have changed.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 9:51 am

Yeah that is common with ABS brakes. In Uno, Palio, etc.. the brake works half way or sometimes fades badly. How is the feel in Linea? Is it sharp like other cars? Can you feel any brake fade?
    That's right. Linea needs to be driven in a special way.
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 11th May 2009, 12:46 pm

Seems the TATA-FIAT A.S.S can never improve. 
    My friend nearby my house has bought a silver Linea emotion 1 month back. His seat belt buzzer isnt working and in an accident he lost rear bumper chrome strip. 

He has made 2 visits to service centre but they failed to correct it, he went to south delhi service centre and they also didnt have the spare?? 
    He contacted FIAT and then got a call today from service centre that we will resolve all your problems. Will update what happens. 
    This is my worst fear and FIAT is making no stone unturned to make my fear come true. Lets see what happens. People are complaining about quality of service which Tata is providing. 

Whats the use to launch grande punto when you cant provide spares for the car you launched 5 months back. Am really disturbed.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 12:48 pm

this is the biggest after sale problem, SPARES, and tata taking over fiat in india isnt a good thing, it should have been colaborated with MSIL atleast
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 11th May 2009, 12:52 pm

Whatever the thing, even am scared now. Hope i dont become a palio part 2. I stopped dad from buyin a 17000 run Skoda rider for 9 lakhs and for the whole life he will keep repeating this if Fiat again fails. Hope my 1st service goes okay and they dont spoil interiors with grease marks as thats the best i can expect from Tata.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 1:04 pm

Oh! That is quite bad. Aren't there any old Fiat service centres now?
    Because we had TVS here, though they overcharged their job was perfect. I don't know whether it is functioning now. Are old Fiat service centres functioning now?
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 1:19 pm

i dont think so, the fiat gave over everything to TAT in india so i dont think the old ones are still active
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 11th May 2009, 2:53 pm

very good pics CB, linea surely is an eye catcher and yes that poor getz chap surely seems to have read a lot about its being underpowered and lost, but you still in your run-in period so dont push and drag everytime, yes those scratches are painful and as napster said burn him :stupid: he he, keep updating and have a safe ride.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 3:10 pm

coolboy007 wrote:My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 6 Picturelinea015
    This picture is very lovely :kewlpic: .

Is your mud flap ready?
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 11th May 2009, 6:04 pm

Thanks buddy. Mud flaps are ready i think, will take them when i go to take my santro.
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 11th May 2009, 6:44 pm

cool pics cool boy. post more interior pics too.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 11th May 2009, 7:08 pm

Awesome pictures cool boy! :kewlpic:

RoadRocket
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 8:32 pm

i like this pic too
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 12th May 2009, 8:06 am

Hey coolboy! Check this link, its quite interesting. Have you tried it before?

http://fiatforyou.com/2009/01/28/ecodrive-fiats-way-of-making-good-drivers/
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 14th May 2009, 9:27 pm

@ Crazy cat,
    Well ECO DRIVE is a fantastic software but the pity is that it doesnt support Linea still. Grande punto owners will enjoy it. Linea will be included in Eco drive compatibility list by end of year or early next year. I would love to give eco drive suggestions to me.
    It will most probably say " YOU WASTE TOO MUCH FUEL WITH AC ON IN STATIONARY POSITION LOL"
    Got my Santro repaired and brought her back today and will get mud flaps tomorrow most probably as its me who has to collect them. Total bill repair was Rs 3000 which included a new bumper (black bumper model so no repaint), repaired fender (original was not available so they took out dents) and a repaint on it. As the workshop is of a acquaintance, got charged way less than what hyundai would have charged me. Car came back in fantastic finish back to me and cleaned inside out with even tyre shiners lol.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 15th May 2009, 9:58 am

cool, 3000 for the whole work is a very good price, as you know the garage felow, why dont you get your linea scratches touchedup?
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 15th May 2009, 5:12 pm

@ Napster,

He has told me to get tha car whenever i come and he will remove the scratches all the way he can.

New observations on Linea from me, ALL NEGATIVES THIS TIME.
    1. Tyre noise just doesnt seems to go. Whenever i hit roads with less tarmac or semi broken condition, noise comes back and is more pronounced at rear. Sometimes, irritates me to the core. Car has stock Goodyear tyres and have seen many people complaining about them in various forums.
    Sound insulation, fiat has to work hard.

Thankfully, i my 2100 kms covered so far, no rattle has surfaced. Many have complained about rattlings and plastic parts coming out. Faced no issued till now and fingers crossed.

2. Think that FIAT has taken this "Built like a tank" thing too seriously. The horn is pretty hard to press from sides which is the place i grip steering from. My Thumb was paining by the time we reached delhi. I sound horn on trucks at highways and thumb is aching with the hard horn. Whats the need, such small things matter, horn should be smooth.
    What to do now, put in grease lol

3. Fuel filler lid is also the ditto copy of horn. Seeing a big long car, petrol pump people close the lid lightly thinking its a delicate car but the lid just doesnt close. Tap it hard and it closes. I have to tell them "Fiat ki gadi hai zor se maro", what to do?
    These things added to my FIRST SERVICE problem list and will tell them all these problems. Hope they can solve atleast the fuel tank lid.

On a personal note, i dont like Linea's 2 point opening system for doors which open mid way at 1st push and then far off on second. In tight parking spaces, theres no way out and have to bang my door on others car. Theres chrome to protect but even it will chip off at this action again and again.
    All complaints which i have from my car till now. All are negligible barring 1st one of tyre and road noise.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 15th May 2009, 5:48 pm

What tyres are it.
    What profile etc?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 6:57 am