The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
fihast
napster
thackervijay
dcargod
im_hummer_freak
abhi_qpotsiavs
Road Rocket
Vibhor
archit
abhinavgupta
Crazy cat
coolboy007
16 posters

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

coolboy007
    coolboy007

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 7 Empty Re: My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

Post  coolboy007 15th May 2009, 6:35 pm

@ Abhinav,
    I think these are the Goodyears GT3, 195/60/R15. Very bad tyres, though they provide good grip but noise level is too much. Michelins the best in this regard.

Bought a Formula 1 Carpet and upholstery cleaner as the fabric upholstery on doors has got quite dirty and needs cleaning.
    Also bought a Formula 1 Scratch out bottle to remove scratches. Will try both products tomorrow.
    Have a tin of Formula 1 carnauba wax with me and dashboard polish too. So car care range is complete for me.
    My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 7 Picturelinea002

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 7 Picturelinea001
    napster
    napster

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 7 Empty Re: My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins

Post  napster 16th May 2009, 1:09 am

i dint expect linea o showup with these kind of things soo soon, but i hope the service guys take care of it, fingers crossed
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 16th May 2009, 1:36 am

Any plans to change them.
    go for Michelins.
    They are really super silent.
    XM1 or energy or Primacy
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 16th May 2009, 9:54 am

Used both the above mentioned products today and they have worked like charm for my Linea.

Scratch out removed all minor scratches and even some of that DJ made scratches. People keep their hands on boot door and cause scratches with their watches and rings. Even those are gone with buffing.

Upholstery cleaner has made the door fabric like factory finish. Beige fabric is shining again and am too happy with my first proper car care session.

END RESULT: Car is shining inside out and am dehydrated like hell with Delhi temp 43 degrees lol. The feeling which we get after giving our ride a proper care is above all things in this world. MY linea goin out for a ride today for atleast a 100 kms.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 16th May 2009, 10:41 am

cool, also try tire shiners, they add much more bling to your ride;)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 16th May 2009, 8:13 pm

@coolboy, how much those two kits cost? I'm planning to try them, especially the upholstery cleaner.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 16th May 2009, 8:41 pm

the dash board protectant and cleaner cost 150rs, got one today for my cousin
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 17th May 2009, 10:11 am

Well, good news friends. Am again goin out to Himachal once more in 1st week of june. Though yet to decide whether Scorpio will go or Linea will go. Dad doesnt want to take Linea there as in his wording "Vahan sab pagal chalte hain and they give a damn after banging in your car" after the DJ incident. Lets see.
    @ Crazy cat,
    The Scratch out costs Rs 170 and the upholstery cleaner costed Rs 250 for 600 mL bottle. Just spray, rub area with clean cloth and after 1-2 hours when the area is dry it turned back to light beige colour in my case which looked good. The area had turned almost black.
    @ napster,
    I dont like tyre shiners, they are too expensive and in Delhi tyres go back to old way within 4-5 days. Which brand do you use? How many days does the shine stay on the tyres? Tyre shiner is the only thing left out.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 17th May 2009, 10:32 am

i dont use any tire shiner, i wash my tires with mild shampoo eery time i wash my car and they shinelike brand new tires, not exactly barnd new but almost like a brand new tire
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 17th May 2009, 11:29 am

@coolboy, can this upholstery cleaner be used to clean dashboard too? Or is there any other thing?

How easy is to use scratch remover? Doesn't it affect the original paint too?
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 17th May 2009, 3:39 pm

@ Crazy cat,
    Upholstery cleaner will work on fabric seats, fabric mats stec but not on dashboard.For dashboard, there comes a separate SPRAY AND Liquid POLISH. I prefer Polish as its less expensive and works well. Got it for 110 rs.
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 21st May 2009, 1:36 pm

Calling all UNITS :D
    Sorry to say but am so lazy that havent yet collected my Mud Flaps. Seems this weekend will get fitted them for sure.
    FRIENDS, i need your help. I need a K&N or a Green cotton air filter for my car. Please find the details out for my 1.4 Fire petrol engine, i tried but to no avail If any of you know anyone in K&N ask them about my Linea's air filter.
    Want a performance air filter on my Linea after 1st servicing as interval is huge of 15000 kms i want a good filter.
    help me out buddies..........
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 21st May 2009, 2:01 pm

coolboy007 wrote:Calling all UNITS :D
    Sorry to say but am so lazy that havent yet collected my Mud Flaps. Seems this weekend will get fitted them for sure.
    FRIENDS, i need your help. I need a K&N or a Green cotton air filter for my car. Please find the details out for my 1.4 Fire petrol engine, i tried but to no avail If any of you know anyone in K&N ask them about my Linea's air filter.
    Want a performance air filter on my Linea after 1st servicing as interval is huge of 15000 kms i want a good filter.
    Hi coolboy,
    Collect your Mudflaps soon and about the K&N air filters, check this thread, It might be of some help -
    http://www.theautomotiveindiaforums.com/performance-garage-f16/kn-air-filter-t59.htm

Also, As you are living here in Delhi only, So I would suggest you to get it done from Karol Bagh Market, You will find showrooms of many reputed brands there.All The Best! :winkthumb:

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 21st May 2009, 4:45 pm

coolboy007 wrote:Calling all UNITS :D
    I guess it will take some more time for a Linea specific filter to come. Don't worry about 15000km service interval, the companies will always be on the safer side. They won't offer a poor performer with that kind of interval, that too now Fiat is now regaining its brand back. So you can rely on the stock filter itself.

PS: For Swift Airfilter will be changed only at 40000kms.
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 23rd May 2009, 3:23 pm

Here are the Mud flaps pics as promised. Just the screws left to be painted now. Linea is complete now.

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 7 Picturelinea001

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 7 Picturelinea002

My Petrol Fiat LINEA Emotion Pack- A story begins - Page 7 Picturelinea004
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 23rd May 2009, 3:27 pm

Mudflaps are looking nice with "-Linea-" written on them and the paint is also almost matching.

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 23rd May 2009, 3:29 pm

cool, nicely done coolboy, why dint you get the screws painted along with the mudflaps?
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 23rd May 2009, 3:49 pm

nice flaps coolboy. how come there are screws in the rear flaps and no screws on the front flap?
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 23rd May 2009, 4:02 pm

@ Vibhor,
    Thanks bro. These are OEM mud flaps provided by dealer and hence LINEA stamped.

@ Napster
    My painter said that first get screws fitted and then with a "kalam" he will paint screws tomorrow.

@ hummer freak
    For front mud flaps, space is provided to put screws from inside but for rear there is no way out but to punch holes in the side so thats the reason.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 23rd May 2009, 4:05 pm

ok thanks. they really look good. 👍
    also post some pics of the full car now with the flaps on.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 23rd May 2009, 4:56 pm

These mudflaps are perfectly matching to your car.

RoadRocket
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 25th May 2009, 12:02 pm

Thanks everyone, shade matching is a bit off but then one surface is rubber and other metal.
    Went yesterday to get the mud flaps screws painted which were looking odd in black colour. Also the scratches are almost gone as one of the mechanics did rubbing on the scratches.
    COST OF THE WHOLE WORK : RS 0.00 :lol: Good friends dont charge for small jobs what he told us. Gave him 2 cans of foster's lying in my Linea's boot and quietly kept that in his office refrigerator. Also saw a 7 Series front crashed lying there, there were working upon it, 7 series is really tough with beams inside bumpers.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 25th May 2009, 12:09 pm

lol, fosters huh, you bad boy :lol:
    did you click any pics of the 7series?
    coolboy007
    coolboy007

Post  coolboy007 25th May 2009, 12:25 pm

No, i didnt click any pics of the 7 series. My phone has an avg camera (recession you knw so no new mobile) and didnt carry my Canon.
    Foster was left after our trip to Himachal, out of 12 only 2 were left (it wasnt i alone :D ) so gifted him.as he didnt take any money.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Post  Vlad 25th May 2009, 12:46 pm

A barter deal always works out nicely..... ;)

Amazed to see that Fiat also don't make provision for Mud Flaps Fitment much like Mahindra with their Xylo, at the Rear Ends of the Vehicles. Such a small oversight but a royal pain in the ass none the less...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 6:51 am