The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Zal
fihast
abhinavgupta
raj_5004
Road Rocket
thackervijay
coolboy007
Vibhor
Crazy cat
napster
14 posters

Maruti 800 DX, 5speed - 55,555.5kms review

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Smile Re: Maruti 800 DX, 5speed - 55,555.5kms review

Post  Crazy cat 28th June 2009, 10:45 pm

@vibhor, do you find any such sticker in your car?
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 28th June 2009, 11:30 pm

Whats a retrofitted compressor?
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 29th June 2009, 9:25 am

compressor- as in the AC compressor?!?! maybe the 800 is available in AC & non AC variants, so compressor is retrofitted in the AC variants. just a wild guess, i may sound dumb!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th June 2009, 11:17 am

raj_5004 wrote:compressor- as in the AC compressor?!?! maybe the 800 is available in AC & non AC variants, so compressor is retrofitted in the AC variants. just a wild guess, i may sound dumb!

well i was thinking the same buddy, what else would you need a compressor for?
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 1st July 2009, 5:19 pm

went to the workshop yesterday to get my clutchplates replaced as i dint replace them till date, it took 8hours for replacing them, the technician says its a very hectic job in case of my series 5speed 800s, almost half of the engine had to be opened to replace clutch plates, the whole thing costed me 4410rs which includes clutch cables, clutch plates spares, etc the work was done very neatly, the clutch is moving very smooth, you dont find difference between accelerator pedal and clutch while driving, it was 8.30 by the time i got back my car, i started back home, while on my way back home i realised that my ac isn't working, the blower is working, ac button is also working, even the engine rpm increases when i switchon AC, but cooling isn't coming so i called my workman and got this issue to his notice and he asked me to come back the next day, thats today, i went today few hours ago and he checked and said that the belt which runs the compressor isn't fixed properly, in just 10mins he got it fixed and now its working fine, and even today i got a free wash done, they dint charge me for that Very Happy
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st July 2009, 9:51 pm

Hope your mileage in city increases to bridge the huge gap Wink

They won't charge for water wash, because it is not a Mahindra.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 1st July 2009, 11:36 pm

actually water wash and interior clleaning are included in the paid service fee, i.e. 660rs
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th July 2009, 8:39 pm

guys i have a question, can i use synthetic engine oil instead of my regular engine oil?
    if yes, then what are its advantages and how much would it cost?
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 7th July 2009, 11:48 am

yes you can use fully sythetic oil on your ride without any problems, but they are too expensive as compared to our mineral oils, but on the other oil change intervals would be longer and you can ride for longer duration as compared to minerals, + the combustion and harshness would be lesser to minerals which is good, but with high paid charges for synthetics, else experts would say more on this.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 24th July 2009, 7:43 pm

Got my service done today again, my problem of apron adjustment wasn't done last time as the service center dint have the equipment,
    they charged me 2915rs for the apron allignment, wheel allignment,lowerarms, lower arm kit,and the boot release lever.
    I always wondered why service charge is more in service centers and that doubt was clarified today when i was in the service center, they calculate service charge as per the time taken to fix a particular problem, if the car is under warranty then 145rs per hour and if its a paid service or the car isnt in warranty then 250rs per hour.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 25th July 2009, 9:17 am

did you go to a MASS or ASS to get this done?And thats weird, service charge are fixed and doesnot depend on the time duration, infact hearing this for the first time.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 25th July 2009, 11:16 am

thackervijay wrote:did you go to a MASS or ASS to get this done?And thats weird, service charge are fixed and doesnot depend on the time duration, infact hearing this for the first time.
    What is the difference between MASS and ASS?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 25th July 2009, 1:23 pm

Crazy cat wrote:
    thackervijay wrote:did you go to a MASS or ASS to get this done?And thats weird, service charge are fixed and doesnot depend on the time duration, infact hearing this for the first time.
    What is the difference between MASS and ASS?
    I don't think theres any difference between both.
    From MASS, Vijay means Maruti's After Sales Service and from ASS he means After Sales Service.
    So vijay, Whats the difference?

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 25th July 2009, 2:05 pm

both mean the same i guess, maybe he meant to say that the regular service centers which deal with all kind of cars,
    i read the service charge thing in a notice board at the ASS
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 28th July 2009, 12:08 pm

ASS are usual of dealers service yard and MASS are independent maruti authorised service centres which has no connections with dealers but are independent service centres approved by maruti's authorizations.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 2:44 am