The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Zal
fihast
abhinavgupta
raj_5004
Road Rocket
thackervijay
coolboy007
Vibhor
Crazy cat
napster
14 posters

Maruti 800 DX, 5speed - 55,555.5kms review

napster
    napster

Smile Re: Maruti 800 DX, 5speed - 55,555.5kms review

Post  napster 18th June 2009, 10:08 pm

i dont understand one thing, my car use to give 19on the highway but in the city it doesnt give more than 12, how come there is a difference of 7kms?
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 18th June 2009, 10:17 pm

napster wrote:i dont understand one thing, my car use to give 19on the highway but in the city it doesnt give more than 12, how come there is a difference of 7kms?
    well thats because FE depends on a lot of conditions like braking, use of clutch, constant changing of gears, and constant change in the speed of the car. the engine has to work more while accelerating again and again in the city. even using clutch uses more fuel. so altogether much more fuel is burnt in the city in travelling the same distance.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 18th June 2009, 10:20 pm

that i know but a difference of 7kms is a big number, i dint see this big difference in mileage in any of my friends car
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 18th June 2009, 11:45 pm

engine flush is decarbonizing right?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 18th June 2009, 11:47 pm

napster wrote:that i know but a difference of 7kms is a big number, i dint see this big difference in mileage in any of my friends car
    Individual driving manners make a lot of difference. Our Logan used to give 17-18kpl regularly till it was driven by driver. But in recent trips over a period of two months, its been me or my dad who drive it on highways and the FE has never come down below 20.5kpl and on some trips it returned 23kpl over a distance of 400kms. And on one such occasion(on our trip to native place), i broke the time record by a huge margin and got a mileage of 21.5kpl at the end. It all depends on the way you drive. I guess you should be accelerating only when there is a need resulting in more mileage in highway. Accelerator and brakes should be used only when needed and we should drive in such a manner to not to use them frequently. I could see many drivers rev unnecessarily and brake frequently in order to check the speed, resulting in mileage loss.

If on a single car on highways, there is a difference of 6kpl with different drivers, then why not a big difference in City and highways? It is because of your driving, you are getting a good mileage.
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 19th June 2009, 12:40 am

:agree: Completely agree with crazy cat. Individual driving habits make a lot of difference. In case of my Alto, I get 17kmpl when m behind the wheel, while it delivers fe of 20-21 when driven by my dad.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 19th June 2009, 10:30 am

fihast wrote:engine flush is decarbonizing right?
    i guess it means the same because even in engine flushing carbon is removed,
    @cc: maybe what you said is also true, the following was mentioned in the envolop given by maruti suzuki during my recent visit for a service
    driving at highspeeds consume more fuel , maintain a steady speed of 45-55kmph in top gear for maximum mileage
    the gear ratio's (withut ac) to enhance FE are
    1 to 2 -10kmph
    2 to 3 - 20kmph
    3 to 4 - 30kmph
    4 to 5 - 40kmph

less tyre pressure increases fuel consumption
    cologged air filter, wornout clutch, badly tuned engine and high pollution levels increase fuel consumption
    needless idling at traffic signas affect fuel consumption, eg: ten minutes idling wastes 100cc of fuel
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 19th June 2009, 6:56 pm

Now that you got your engine flushed, check out the mileage you are getting in the city. If it improves, then servicing has done you good.

P.S. I have been in both Hyderabadh city as well as on the surrounding highways. The city is a chaos but the highways are good, which may also justify such a huge gap.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 19th June 2009, 8:58 pm

yeah vibhor, so which car's mirrors can be used?
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 20th June 2009, 12:26 am

napster wrote:yeah vibhor, so which car's mirrors can be used?
    If you are asking about internally adjustable ORVMs, then you can get Old esteem/zen/Alto mirrors.
    Sorry for answering question made by you to vibhor. I thought i knew it so answered it..
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th June 2009, 12:37 am

Akash wrote:
    If you are asking about internally adjustable ORVMs, then you can get Old esteem/zen/Alto mirrors.
    Sorry for answering question made by you to vibhor. I thought i knew it so answered it..
    people here don't mind for such things. In a public forum, every one can express his own views :)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 20th June 2009, 8:08 am

Akash wrote:

hey akash, thanks for answering, , dont be sorry man, people who commit mistakes should be sorry where as you helped me out so you shouldnt.. :cheers:
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 24th June 2009, 9:13 pm

got a call from varun motors(local maruti dealer and service provider) about how my service was done and if i am satisfied with the service and other things, i mentioned that there still are some minor problems with my car like one of my tail lamp isnt working even after changing my bulb, a sound from the dashboard, etc.. and they asked me to get the vehicle during working hours and they would rectify them for free..i would most probably change my speedo's backlight from green to white if he opens my console, i've got white bulbs already with me, all i have to do is just plug them on Very Happy
    abhi_qpotsiavs
    abhi_qpotsiavs

Post  abhi_qpotsiavs 24th June 2009, 10:13 pm

Great work. Sorry, missed this one before. Your 800 stands high even in front of Brand New Accord (1st pic). Your work is really impressive. I guess, you'll never part with your 800. Am I right?
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 24th June 2009, 10:39 pm

Napsters car is the best m800 i have ever seen in my life. I am very sure he wont part with it.

Last edited by raj_5004 on 25th June 2009, 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SMS lingo)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 24th June 2009, 10:52 pm

abhi_qpotsiavs wrote:Great work. Sorry, missed this one before. Your 800 stands high even in front of Brand New Accord (1st pic). Your work is really impressive. I guess, you'll never part with your 800. Am I right?
    absolutely abhi..it means a lot to me, people may find me crazy or mad or what eer it maybe but i dont care..all i want is that my m800 should be hatke, not the weird way though Jump ..speaking from the heart, i would rather kill myself than parting my ride

Akash wrote:Napsters car is the best m800 i have ever seen in my lyf. I am very sure he wont part with it.
    your right akash cheers
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 25th June 2009, 8:40 am

napster wrote:
    absolutely abhi..it means a lot to me, people may find me crazy or mad or what eer it maybe but i dont care..all i want is that my m800 should be hatke, not the weird way though Jump ..speaking from the heart, i would rather kill myself than parting my ride
    I would deny this. You have not overdone any part and your 800 is the best i've seen.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 25th June 2009, 3:59 pm

Crazy cat wrote:
    napster wrote:
    I would deny this. You have not overdone any part and your 800 is the best i've seen.
    i said this because im spending soo much on an m800 and that too an 8year old one...and moreover i came through many people asking me why im doing all this to an m800 instead of getting a new car
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 25th June 2009, 5:17 pm

no ram, what you spend shows your passion for your ride and nothing is done overpart on that, instead as all others said its of the best 800 seen so far. cheers
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 25th June 2009, 5:44 pm

we being petrolheads understand that but there are a bunch of ******* ot there who dont understand that..and thanks guys for your words cheers
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 26th June 2009, 4:51 pm

Hey Naps, you at it again mate. Smile This shows your love for the car, and you also know how to modify a car with your own hands, which is an art in itself. So cheers dude.

White speedo light would look cool and bright. Great going mate.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 26th June 2009, 9:46 pm

hey dcargod, thanks for the comment
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 28th June 2009, 3:28 pm

got my engine bay cleaned today during the water wash i noticed a sticker under my hood which say retrofitted compressor, why does a company have to do a retrofit?
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 28th June 2009, 7:44 pm

you found this sticker after 7 years dude! probably even the company wont have an answer now!
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 28th June 2009, 8:04 pm

lol, actually it was covered in dust all the time and i never noticed that thinking there must be some general matter in it, but today after a clean wash i noticed it properly and found that its fitted wiht retro fitted compressor, now i started wondering why would a company fit a retrofitted compressor?
    Maruti 800 DX, 5speed - 55,555.5kms review - Page 5 Dsc02114

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 2:44 am