The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Road Rocket
thackervijay
raj_5004
Akash
Crazy cat
P3T3R
10 posters

Red Hot Alto Spice

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Red Hot Alto Spice - Page 3 Empty Re: Red Hot Alto Spice

Post  Crazy cat 17th July 2009, 9:35 am

Won't it be slippery compared to normal floor?
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Post  P3T3R 17th July 2009, 9:49 am

Crazy cat wrote:Won't it be slippery compared to normal floor?
    Well you have the rubber mats for that.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 17th July 2009, 1:01 pm

good job peter, very neatly done, yes that lamination does really saves the original mat and keeps its life for a longer period.Just one thing does rubber mats fit and stay well on those laminations, i mean does it stick properly on them?
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Post  P3T3R 18th July 2009, 9:32 am

thackervijay wrote:good job peter, very neatly done, yes that lamination does really saves the original mat and keeps its life for a longer period.Just one thing does rubber mats fit and stay well on those laminations, i mean does it stick properly on them?
    The rubber mats have to be placed inverted. Otherwise the spikes at the bottom will pierce the lamination and ruin it.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 18th July 2009, 6:48 pm

P3T3R wrote:
    The rubber mats have to be placed inverted. Otherwise the spikes at the bottom will pierce the lamination and ruin it.

no, it doesnt. atleast not in my scorpio. the plastic layer used for the lamination is quite thick.
    by the way, if you place it inverted, the spikes will ruin you feet!
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Post  P3T3R 19th July 2009, 9:52 am

raj_5004 wrote:
    P3T3R wrote:

no, it doesnt. atleast not in my scorpio. the plastic layer used for the lamination is quite thick.
    by the way, if you place it inverted, the spikes will ruin you feet!
    I also thought so sine the plastic is thick. But the guy who installed it told me not to take a risk. Regarding the feet, both my wife and me drive with shoes. I know there are some who prefer to take off their shoes while driving.
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Red Hot Alto Spice - Page 3 Empty Update on FE

Post  P3T3R 20th July 2009, 10:49 pm

Here's an update on the car. Even after the first service the milege is really low. Just checked and it was 13.03 Kmpl.

Date Litres ODO Dist Kmpl
    27.06.09 34.20 46 46 ==
    01.07.09 24.93 390 344 13.80
    06.07.09 25.10 760 370 14.74
    12.07.09 29.49 1172 412 13.97
    20.07.09 23.87 1483 311 13.03

Full
    tank to full tank method used. 100% driving with AC. 70% Highway, 30%
    City. First 3 readings before first service. Alto owners please
    comment. How is this compared to your cars? I feel it is too low.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 21st July 2009, 5:04 pm

I feel that 13-14 kpl in city for alto is ok, Even My M800 gives around same figures.
    Also, As I always say mileage doesn't depends on only single factor, There are many other factors included such as driving style etc etc.

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd July 2009, 8:48 am

@vibhor, 70% of his usage is on highways. But yeah it depends a lot on individual driving style.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 22nd July 2009, 8:12 pm

thats a decent figure peter, once your done with your service aand all, your mileage might increase and as vibhor said it depends on many factors, mainly your driving skills
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Post  P3T3R 22nd July 2009, 9:44 pm

@Vibhor & Napster
    I don't think the milege is OK. Come one, my Petra with a 100BHP engine and very much heavier, give me 13 Kmpl. On an Alto this is not acceptable.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 22nd July 2009, 11:11 pm

oops, sorry peter i read 30% for highway, im sorry for that,
    70%on the highway must give you a decent figure, i.e. somewhere around 18kmpl minimum, my m800 on full load and ac switched on gave me 19kmpl on the highway, i was crusing at 90kmph avg speed, if i am not wrong, your mileage should increase by the next service, why dont you mention low mileage in the job sheet next time when you give your car for service?
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 23rd July 2009, 11:39 am

well peter, wait till you get your couple of free services done. atleast after 2000 to 3000k kms your mileage would improve, initial run period this is pretty ok, later you would be able to get around 18-19kmpl on highways for sure.
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Post  P3T3R 23rd July 2009, 11:29 pm

napster wrote:oops, sorry peter i read 30% for highway, im sorry for that,
    70%on the highway must give you a decent figure, i.e. somewhere around 18kmpl minimum, my m800 on full load and ac switched on gave me 19kmpl on the highway, i was crusing at 90kmph avg speed, if i am not wrong, your mileage should increase by the next service, why dont you mention low mileage in the job sheet next time when you give your car for service?
    I will mention it.

thackervijay wrote:well peter, wait till you get your couple of free services done. atleast after 2000 to 3000k kms your mileage would improve, initial run period this is pretty ok, later you would be able to get around 18-19kmpl on highways for sure.
    I will be monitoring the milege continuously. Lets see what happens.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 24th July 2009, 9:16 am

thackervijay wrote:well peter, wait till you get your couple of free services done. atleast after 2000 to 3000k kms your mileage would improve, initial run period this is pretty ok, later you would be able to get around 18-19kmpl on highways for sure.
    That could be a reason too. Let the engine free-up. But do mention it during the service.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 24th July 2009, 10:24 am

im at the maruti service centre now and i mentioned your problem to my service guy and he said the actual mileage will be shown once your done with the 3rd service and after 3000kms , how many kms did your car do till now?
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th July 2009, 1:01 pm

napster wrote:im at the maruti service centre now and i mentioned your problem to my service guy and he said the actual mileage will be shown once your done with the 3rd service and after 3000kms , how many kms did your car do till now?

thats what i said, let the engine rev up and then you wouldbe able to get a proper mileage from your car, else what you said is perfect as per the kms driven, also be light footed till few K's and dont rev hard which might affect its FE figures.
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Post  P3T3R 24th July 2009, 4:08 pm

napster wrote:im at the maruti service centre now and i mentioned your problem to my service guy and he said the actual mileage will be shown once your done with the 3rd service and after 3000kms , how many kms did your car do till now?
    Well it's done about 1700 Km. Will be filling up the tank again tomorrow. Let's see the milege then. Also I'll be filling up at another petrol station. The results of that will be seen after the next tank up.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 25th July 2009, 9:20 am

just a question, which co.are you using as i have heard that Shell gives better efficiency from quite some people so why dont you try out once, i dont have any near by my home or office so am not able to check, but this is said by many people who have seen the difference in their vehicle as well as their FE figures, just a suggestion.
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Post  P3T3R 25th July 2009, 1:37 pm

thackervijay wrote:just a question, which co.are you using as i have heard that Shell gives better efficiency from quite some people so why dont you try out once.
    I use HP. Will try BP and Indianoil soon. There are no Shell pumps in Goa.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 26th July 2009, 8:11 am

Try a different station, adulterated fuel should give less mileage. And avoid using premium fuels, i've heard too much negative reviews about it.

I too heard shell is good. Pure fuel can be bought there, but at a cost.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 26th July 2009, 9:20 am

i use shell all the time, its pure, he charges only rs.1 extra , that dooesnt matter
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 27th July 2009, 8:04 am

I tried it some months ago in Chennai(we don't get it here). The cost per litre of petrol was about 2-3 high at that time. I guess the recent hike in price, should've bought narrowed the price gap.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 28th July 2009, 12:19 pm

well napster have you seen any difference with usage of shell fuels on your car, efficiency, engine, overall performance, do share on your thread.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 28th July 2009, 8:45 pm

thackervijay wrote:well napster have you seen any difference with usage of shell fuels on your car, efficiency, engine, overall performance, do share on your thread.
    i am verymuch satisfied using shell fuel, the performance isnt much but my fuel economy is always good when i get fuel from shell, engine runs cool asusual, nothing much, the main reason why i go to shell is, they dont cheat their customers, they pay some respect to them, other petrol bunks out here dont set their machines to 0 before filling, they act as if they dint know that and charge you more, had a couple of bad incidednts with the bunk people

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 7:01 am