The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
archit
napster
zinam
thackervijay
dcargod
autodude sparsh
Vibhor
Crazy cat
Road Rocket
13 posters

GM To launch Mini car by Year End!

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! - Page 2 Empty Re: GM To launch Mini car by Year End!

Post  Crazy cat 4th June 2009, 5:00 pm

2 lac car is one to keep watch for, besides Cruze and Beat.
    ?ushk@r
    ?ushk@r

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! - Page 2 Empty Re: GM To launch Mini car by Year End!

Post  ?ushk@r 4th June 2009, 6:17 pm

Good news for us but just hoping they don't change the looks like Nano :frustration: I mean more compact!
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th June 2009, 6:47 pm

cool, i hope they dont give black bumpers with this version
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 4th June 2009, 9:13 pm

nice. lets see what GM comes up with
    @napster regarding bumpers, i dont think they can give anything more than those black bumpers at 2 lacs.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th June 2009, 9:14 pm

black bumpers dont go well with spark, it only goes well with, m800,zen(old), and alto,
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 5th June 2009, 12:55 pm

Seems like the Spark will soon rule on the top of sales chart which is currently ruled by l'il alto.

For 2lacs, They will definately offer it with black bumpers(I agree they spoil the looks)If it comes with body coloured bumpers, Then it would be a big surprise for me.

But firstly tell me, Will the A/C be available in it?

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th June 2009, 2:08 pm

yeah, thats very important, if there is no ac in it, then for get about it being the chart buster
    napster
    napster

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! - Page 2 Empty Spark lpg to be launched soon,

Post  napster 5th June 2009, 2:18 pm

NEW DELHI: Putting a brave face amid its parent going bankrupt
    in the US, General Motors India on Friday launched the LPG version of its smallcar Spark in the country, priced at Rs 3.52 lakh (ex-showroom
    Delhi).

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! - Page 2 Spark10

"We plan to continue to introduce the variance of the Spark that targets different groups of customers.
    This will enable us to achieve our goal of becoming a market leader in India by
    giving our customers the vehicles that they want, when they want them," General
    Motors India President and Managing Director Karl Slym told reporters
    here.

The company also plans to
    launch luxury sedan Chevrolet Cruze in September and a mini car by the end of
    this year.

Earlier this week the company had said its India operations will remain unaffected despite its
    parent filing for bankruptcy protection, but it is currently facing difficulties
    in raising funds for completing its engine manufacturing plant at Talegaon in
    Maharashtra.

"The bankruptcy filing was only for the US operations and our business here will continue as
    usual. All employees, suppliers and customers are partners of the company," he
    said.

source : http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Features/GM-launches-LPG-version-of-Spark-to-cost-Rs-352L/articleshow/4620455.cms
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 5th June 2009, 2:18 pm

THREAD RENAMED

I'm very sorry for the misrepresentation taken place. The topic should be actually New Chevrolet Spark variant launch tomorrow; Rs.2-lakh car planned for India, but due to character limitation it appeared New Chevrolet Spark variant launch tomorrow; Rs.2-lakh. I'm sorry i didn't notice this, as i copied the name from the source.

The topic is about launch of a new Spark variant(mentioned in the last paragraph), may be LPG or 800cc and another news of new MINI car from Chevy with an expected price of Rs.2 lakh
    Now the topic is renamed for better understanding.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th June 2009, 2:21 pm

lpg spark is priced at 3.52lakh, just posted a thread, check it
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 5th June 2009, 4:04 pm

Spark LPG is a good move by Chevrolet, as cost cutting is the current trend of customers to reduce costs. But is it cheaper than the Santro LPG? I also feel that it will be tough for the Spark to become a chartbuster because of its poor production capacity. But I do see lots of Sparks on the road now. I just hope they launch the Spark 800 soon in about 2 lacs. I also think it will have the bare essentials like AC, etc.
    siddhant
    siddhant

Post  siddhant 6th June 2009, 6:58 am

I'm so glad Chevy did this!Admist all the tension prevailing across the country regarding GM's future in India it is indeed a brave move.Hats off to GM.I am waiting for the upcoming line up as i love the Cruze and the Beat!
    Also the Spark LPG comes in beige interiors!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 6th June 2009, 10:54 am

mods, there are couple of same threads for chevy spark, can you merge them.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 6th June 2009, 2:29 pm

Threads Merged.

VT
    siddhant
    siddhant

Post  siddhant 6th June 2009, 9:36 pm

Check out the website to have a look at he beige interiors.
    www.chevyspark.in
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th June 2009, 2:40 pm

Cheers for Chevrolet.
    They hae made the li'l spark even more exciting and VFM package now.
    Just saw the beige interiors, They look great!

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th June 2009, 3:05 pm

Here are few interior pics of Spark

Check the change in interiors
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! - Page 2 Untitl14GM To launch Mini car by Year End! - Page 2 Untitl15

LPG tank and spare wheel
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! - Page 2 Untitl16

LPG switches
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! - Page 2 Untitl17
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th June 2009, 3:20 pm

I was just posting them, CC did you took these pics with help of screenshots?

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th June 2009, 3:25 pm

Yeah vibhor :lol!: .
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th June 2009, 3:51 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Yeah vibhor :lol!: .
    So you should have watermarked them, You know the reason :suspect: .Anyways back to topic, Beige interiors look very nice and have given this chevy more upmarket feel.Soon, we could see spark topping sales chart.

VT
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 7th June 2009, 4:05 pm

The beige interiors look fantastic. It looks as if it belongs to a higher segment and it looks sporty too, especially the central console, which has been chromed to give such a flair. But now, will all Spark varients sport beige interiors?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th June 2009, 4:10 pm

No dcargod, Only LPG version will coe with beige interiors.

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th June 2009, 7:30 pm

the spare wheel placing looks odd, it eats away most of the boot space
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th June 2009, 7:57 pm

napster wrote:the spare wheel placing looks odd, it eats away most of the boot space
    It is to be noted that Spark already has a poor boot space, according to mags.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th June 2009, 8:02 pm

now we have to forget about boot space completely

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 8:05 am