The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
archit
napster
zinam
thackervijay
dcargod
autodude sparsh
Vibhor
Crazy cat
Road Rocket
13 posters

GM To launch Mini car by Year End!

Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! Empty GM To launch Mini car by Year End!

Post  Road Rocket 4th May 2009, 1:16 pm

Pune, General Motors India (GMI) will launch the new mini-car in the Indian market by December, and increase its dealerships to 250 from the current 195, the company’s Vice-President, Mr P. Balendran, has said.

In the city to kick off a new initiative to hold free services and sales camps across India, he said that similar camps will follow in Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata.

Among the services on offer here will be a 73-point service check up for GMI vehicles, pollution check, body wash and polish in addition to exchange and loan facilities and test drives. The company plans to hold such camps twice a year in each centre.

Elaborating upon GMI’s strategy, Mr Balendran said that recent tie-ups with public sector banks for finance will help the company focus on rural markets.

“Around 60 per cent of any manufacturer’s sale come from B and C class cities where private banks have lower penetration,” he pointed out.

Till April end, GMI had sold 18,683 units, including 11,000 of the Spark. “We will launch our second mini-car in the market by December. It will be produced at the Talegaon plant,” Mr Balendran said, adding that Chevrolet Cruze, to be produced at Halol, will enter the market by September.

To help distribution, the dealer network will be increased from 195 to 250 by December-end. The used car programme is currently running in nine dealerships and will be extended to 30 in the same period.

The company also has tied-up with BPCL for 24 service centres. Ten of these are operational, while the remaining is scheduled to go on stream in the coming months.
    http://www.cybersteering.com/news.asp?id=n108564
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! Empty Re: GM To launch Mini car by Year End!

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 2:27 pm

Wish the small car to have a diesel engine.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 5th May 2009, 12:13 pm

I think this "New Small Car" Is Chevrolet Beat. :)

VT
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 5th May 2009, 3:22 pm

Yeah, it is the Chevrolet Beat.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 5th May 2009, 7:13 pm

Have been hearing of beat's launch since last year but every time its launch shifts a month. :lol!:

RoadRocket
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 6th May 2009, 2:32 am

The Chevy Beat is not small. It appears to be the size of the UV-A.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 6th May 2009, 11:55 am

Chevy Beat is going to compete with Ritz. :)

VT
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 6th May 2009, 3:33 pm

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! LAChevyBeat01
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! Chevro10
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! Chevro12

RoadRocket
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 6th May 2009, 5:33 pm

You are showing Pics of the concept car. The production car pics have already been released. Please post those. This car looks hot to me, only the rear looks like a Santro and it looks like as if Ritz and Beat were made on the same platform.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 7th May 2009, 2:23 am

Theres one trivia guys-the Beat has been designed by our very own Dilip Chabria
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 9:45 am

Here is a 4 door version of Beat.
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! Chevrolet-beat-production
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! New-Chevrolet-Spark-Preview-3

Rear view
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! New-Chevrolet-Spark-Preview-2

And the interior
    GM To launch Mini car by Year End! New-Chevrolet-Spark-Preview-4-Large
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 7th May 2009, 10:01 am

CC only first two pic are visible, hope beat comes with diesel engine from GM.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 7th May 2009, 10:47 am

I say again, the beat and ritz look like as if they are made on the same platform. Interior of the beat looks superb but just a bit claustrophobic.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th May 2009, 1:09 pm

THREAD CLEANED.

VT
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 9th May 2009, 8:38 am

The Car is really super cool!!

Have seen this in Last years Auto Show !

But to say, this model is a concept & after making it for Indian roads, i dont know how it will look like?

Anyways, i am sure that it will look better than Ritz :)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 9th May 2009, 11:02 am

what about the engine specs?
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 9th May 2009, 12:43 pm

A 1.2L petrol , A 1.4L petrol , a 1.6L petrol and a 1.0L diesel are likely to come.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th May 2009, 1:11 pm

sparsh, can you share the source for that engine information
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 9th May 2009, 1:58 pm

i guess there is no such car in that segment with soo many engine variants.. we have 3variants in the petrol version then why not in the diesel segment?
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 9th May 2009, 2:13 pm

Well, I read it in a pamphlet which my friend got me from Geneva motor show.
    I'm not sure which ones will come to India. But it is said by GM that it will come in these variants.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 10th May 2009, 7:55 pm

autodude sparsh wrote:Well, I read it in a pamphlet which my friend got me from Geneva motor show.
    I'm not sure which ones will come to India. But it is said by GM that it will come in these variants.
    Hey thats a good info sparsh. :winkthumb:

VT
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 10th May 2009, 10:15 pm

Thanks, i hope this piece of info was useful to all of you.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 10th May 2009, 10:52 pm

yes it is dude:cheers:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! Empty Chevrolet- New Spark variant and Rs.2 lakh mini car

Post  Crazy cat 4th June 2009, 3:43 pm

GM To launch Mini car by Year End! Chevrolet_spark-300x179
    Is General Motors making headlines or what? The (former) American Auto giant filed for bankruptcy hours ago, but clearly stated its Indian operations would remain unharmed. GM has managed finally to find a home in China for the Hummer brand, which is another huge achievement for the company that was searching almost forever.

Would Hummer make any sense in this era of small and fuel efficient vehicles which even the U.S is witnessing? We can’t do any answering now but all we can say is a lot of exciting products could wear the Hummer badge in the future. It all depends on the way the team regroups and works, because its terribly easy to screw it up.

But the hot report of the lot is the Rs.2-lakh car for the Indian market. The new small car would be positioned below the Spark which is currently the cheapest car in India.

Other than India, markets like Russia, China and Latin America would also be on this car’s radar, the report said.

The report also adds a new Chevrolet Spark variant would supplement the existing range. This could either be the 800cc engine or the LPG variant. Guess we have to wait and see.
    Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2009/06/new-chevrolet-spark-variant-launch-tomorrow-rs2-lakh-car-planned-for-india

Last edited by Crazy cat on 5th June 2009, 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 4th June 2009, 4:05 pm

good move by Chevy India
    this really shows that they arent in loss!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 6:12 am