The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
thackervijay
autodude sparsh
amit V8
Crazy cat
Vibhor
9 posters

Hyundai Launches Accent Eco!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Hyundai Launches Accent Eco! Empty Hyundai Launches Accent Eco!

Post  Vibhor 21st May 2009, 10:18 pm

Hyundai Motor India, has just launched a new LPG version of the Accent. Named as the Accent eco (synonymous with environment friendliness and economy), the car is powered by a 1.5 litre engine and comes with a factory fitted LPG kit approved and certified by the Department of Explosives (DOE) and Automotive research Authority of India (ARAI).

The Accent eco bi-fuel variant will be priced at Rs 533,900 (ex-showroom Delhi) which is Rs 34,900 more than the existing petrol model.

Hyundai claims that the Accent eco has the lowest greenhouse gas emission as it emits lower CO2, as compared to the petrol version of the car.

The LPG tank has a special ‘Toroidal’ design that allows the tank to sit in the space for the spare wheel in teh boot. However, if you want to carry a spare around it will eat into the luggage room. The Accent eco also comes with an engine immobilizer as standard and an unlimited 2 year warranty.

Hyundai already offers the Santro in CNG

Hyundai Launches Accent Eco! Accenteco
    (ACI)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Hyundai Launches Accent Eco! Empty Re: Hyundai Launches Accent Eco!

Post  Crazy cat 21st May 2009, 11:43 pm

Now it looks like the season for LPG and CNG, especially the very old cars.Adding LPG to Accent will improve its sales, but LPG tank on spare wheel location is a bit odd. Does the LPG Accent has spare wheel at least?
    amit V8
    amit V8

Post  amit V8 22nd May 2009, 1:46 am

first the executive, now the eco, next year it will be accent convertible with a V8 engine. :frustration:
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 22nd May 2009, 7:55 am

amit V8 wrote:first the executive, now the eco, next year it will be accent convertible with a V8 engine. :frustration:
    haha :lol!: Very nice one Amit.
    I feel its time to say goodbye to ageing Accent for Hyundai, but I've seen few people still purchasing it, Recently one of my neighbour has bought the Accent Executive and modified it!

VT
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 22nd May 2009, 8:47 am

Accent sold 12,000 units in 08-09!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 22nd May 2009, 9:59 am

yeah with the price cut and new executive launched by hyundai, accent is selling around, already CNG was available now LPG too introduced, seems hyundai going all way for its old models before taking it out, and as amit said we might see convertible and V8.lol.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 22nd May 2009, 10:44 am

Vibhor wrote:
    amit V8 wrote:first the executive, now the eco, next year it will be accent convertible with a V8 engine. :frustration:
    haha :lol!: Very nice one Amit.
    I feel its time to say goodbye to ageing Accent for Hyundai, but I've seen few people still purchasing it, Recently one of my neighbour has bought the Accent Executive and modified it!

VT
    eco is a good move. but i too feel its too outdated now. any news on a new accent??
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 22nd May 2009, 12:52 pm

The Verna that we get here is actually the latest generation Accent. It dosent have any replacement model yet.
    As far as the Accent goes, I still love that car. Recently I sat in an Accent Executive and I found the interiors way ahead of the Ikon and even the Dzire. It only needs a few more features like a High-end Audio system, steering mounted controls, electronically adjustable mirrors, seat height adjust, ABS, Airbags to name a few. Interior quality is way better too and the engine is pretty refined and powerful.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 22nd May 2009, 2:22 pm

but it still is outdated car, generation old model with some here there facelifts, also main problem has been its GC and its crdi engine, hyundai should bring new sedan in indian market and phaseoff this one, which is likely not to happen in our market strategy by other players too.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd May 2009, 7:01 pm

dcargod wrote:The Verna that we get here is actually the latest generation Accent. It dosent have any replacement model yet.
    As far as the Accent goes, I still love that car. Recently I sat in an Accent Executive and I found the interiors way ahead of the Ikon and even the Dzire. It only needs a few more features like a High-end Audio system, steering mounted controls, electronically adjustable mirrors, seat height adjust, ABS, Airbags to name a few. Interior quality is way better too and the engine is pretty refined and powerful.
    But still it is an outdated car. Exterior changes are needed.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 22nd May 2009, 7:16 pm

what you have said is true, There is a V8 powered accent, Not offered by hyundai but a modified one -

Hyundai Launches Accent Eco! Hyundai-accent-l1091as
    The V8 powered Hyundai Accent. 1.5L + 2 exhaust pipes + shaved ass = 4500HP. It may outrun the Concorde with its ass that probably have a -5.0 coefficient drag.

Source:
    http://addmorehp.com/2008/05/

Crazy cat wrote:
    dcargod wrote:The Verna that we get here is actually the latest generation Accent. It dosent have any replacement model yet.
    Why any changes? I say discontinue the car and reduce the Verna's price.

RoadRocket
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd May 2009, 7:59 pm

Road Rocket wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:
    Why any changes? I say discontinue the car and reduce the Verna's price.

RoadRocket
    If they(Hyundai) plans to continue Accent by launching new variants like eco, executive, etc.., then they can better do something like facelifts, etc..IMO.
    Yeah they can also discontinue Accent and reduce the price of overtly priced Verna.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 22nd May 2009, 11:53 pm

But Verna will never be a fun drive as the Accent. Those who have driven both will agree with me.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 23rd May 2009, 12:08 am

why is hyundai targeting on lpg segment?? it launched santro eco firt and now accent lpg? instead of fadingout its older models its introducing a newer versions in them
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 23rd May 2009, 12:09 am

Hyundai actually doesn't have any model in its portfolio to fit that category.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 23rd May 2009, 12:11 am

you mean the sedan category?
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 23rd May 2009, 12:16 am

yup. well may be not sedan, but saloon category.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 23rd May 2009, 12:18 am

i dont think maruthi, tata, toota,ford also dont have any lpg vehicles in its category, infact tata and toyota and ford doesnt have any lpg variants in their portfolio at all
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 23rd May 2009, 12:20 am

Yup, but fitting a LPG system in any car is not a problem nowadays.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 23rd May 2009, 12:23 am

the main thing is that the engine power goes missing once lpg is fitted,
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 23rd May 2009, 12:50 am

napster wrote:the main thing is that the engine power goes missing once lpg is fitted,
    well buddy in india there are people who are more worried about running cost. they are not interested in the cars power. i have even seen people fitting gas kits in their two wheelers to save bucks here we are atleast talking about cars.
    then there are the electric bikes which are a rage in gujrat and rajasthan. not seen any in mumbai though. dont know about other parts of the country. even they are not performance oriented.not everyone is a petrolhead :)
    different people. different needs. different choices.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 23rd May 2009, 1:32 am

if someone needs to save money why dont they get a vehicle which already is an economical vehicle than getting a petrol veicle costing above 5lakhs and installing lpg in it and screwing its engine and power? it hurts 💢
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 23rd May 2009, 1:34 am

@napstar, only some of us understand this mate.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 23rd May 2009, 10:41 am

yeah absolutely this is what people dont understand that why not buy a vehicle which is already cost effective rather then fitting aftermarket kits to do that on the cost of power lost and engine too.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 23rd May 2009, 11:17 am

napster wrote:if someone needs to save money why dont they get a vehicle which already is an economical vehicle than getting a petrol veicle costing above 5lakhs and installing lpg in it and screwing its engine and power? it hurts 💢

thackervijay wrote:yeah absolutely this is what people dont understand that why not buy a vehicle which is already cost effective rather then fitting aftermarket kits to do that on the cost of power lost and engine too.

well people do buy cost effective cars like maruti 800. but even that much cost of running the vehicle is much higher for some. so they go in for such modifications to reduce the running cost even more. this all is due to the high rate of poverty in our country.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 8:02 am