The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Crazy cat
thackervijay
abhinavgupta
Vibhor
8 posters

After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon! Empty After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon!

Post  Vibhor 25th January 2009, 12:02 pm

Hi guys! :)
    It has not been even a month since Hyundai launched its i20 hatch in India and now the company plans to launch its i30 and Avante (new Elantra) soon in Indian in what we call a launching spree!
    The i30 which was first launched at the Tokyo Motor Show for the Japanese market, is now being considered for an Indian debut because of the tremendous response towards the recently launched i20.According to sources, i30 is under active consideration and Hyundai India is doing feasibility studies to determine its potential in the country, as it was initially built for the European market. The Hyundai i30 is a premium 5-door luxury hatchback by Korean automaker Hyundai Motor Company, designed by the Hyundai European Team in Germany.Also, it shares mechanical components with the Kia Cee’d although there are enough bodywork modifications to make both cars appear individual. It is available as a five-door hatchback or estate, with a choice of three petrol and two diesel engines, either with manual or automatic transmissions.

After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon! Hyundai_i30_official1
    http://indianautosblog.com/2009/01/hyundai-plans-launch-i30-and-avante-in-india
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon! Empty Re: After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon!

Post  abhinavgupta 2nd April 2009, 8:51 pm

And where do they want to put this i30 in.
    The entry hatch and the premium hatch segment is already covered by the santro, i10, getz prime and the i20.
    I think Hyundai Should do something about their SUV range rather than getting more hatches in India.

i30 will definitely be not cheaper than the i20 and where the price of the i20 ends, the entry sedan segment starts ( In fact before that)

However i would love to see the avante in India.
    The elantra with the crdi pot was an amazing car to drive ( though i did not like its looks)
    If the avante has good engines on offer( atleast a 2.0L Diesel and 1.8L Petrol), it sure can give the corolla , Honda Civic etc a run for their money.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon! Empty Re: After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon!

Post  Vibhor 3rd April 2009, 12:05 pm

May be they will do something like chevrolet has done, This will be price near SR-V and avante close to optra magnum. :)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 4th April 2009, 9:42 am

vobhor, possibilites are that hyundai might launch i30 as sedan base and not hatchback in our market.SR-V doesnt sell in our market and hyundai does knows this well so maybe they wont place it like that instead like a sedan, we might see i30.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th April 2009, 10:42 am

Yeah the chance of i30 hatch is very less. No one will buy a hatch at that price. May be as a sedan, it may come.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 4th April 2009, 11:44 am

I pray GOD that Hyundai shouldn't get i30 as Hatch here.. Enough of Hatches there are around 25+ Smaill Cars currently in INDIA.

No more Premium & Luxury Hatches pls.

I love to see i30 as Sedan or an SUV which will really make competetion in other Segments :)
    Zal
    Zal

Post  Zal 4th April 2009, 2:24 pm

I30 doesn't come as a sedan. So I don't think they will make one just for India.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 4th April 2009, 2:33 pm

Maybe this news is just a rumour and they will bring Avante as a saloon in India.

RoadRocket
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 10th April 2009, 4:19 pm

I think the all-new Elantra should come to India as quickly as possible. There will be, then, an alternative to the Chevy Magnum, Mitsubishi Cedia, Honda City and others. Its an awesome looker and also gets a powerful diesel engine, not sure which one though...
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 10th April 2009, 8:58 pm

Here are some pics of New elantra (Avante) -
    After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon! Hyundai-avante
    After i20, Hyundai plans to launch i30 soon! Hyundai-avante3
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 10th April 2009, 11:11 pm

Oh yes....now this car is more like it...!! clap

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 7:05 am