The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
archit
Akash
napster
icar
zinam
Vibhor
thackervijay
dcargod
Crazy cat
autodude sparsh
Road Rocket
15 posters

Now Hyundai i20 Diesel!

Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Now Hyundai i20 Diesel! Empty Now Hyundai i20 Diesel!

Post  Road Rocket 6th May 2009, 3:44 pm

Hyundai today said that it would launch a diesel variant of i20 hatchback before the end of 2009. “Hyundai plans to introduce at least two new products in the Indian market annually for the next couple of years. The i20 diesel variant would be the next in line with launch scheduled for later in 2009.” With the success of i10 an i20, Hyundai also hopes to grab larger market share in the burgeoning Indian car market. “We currently have a 20.4 per cent market share. For the year ending 2009 we will look at growing our market share further by three per cent,” Hyundai Motor Senior Vice-President (Asia & Pacific Division) Young-Kil Chun said.
    Now Hyundai i20 Diesel! Hyundai-i20-2
    (Source: Vicky.in)
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Now Hyundai i20 Diesel! Empty Re: Now Hyundai i20 Diesel!

Post  autodude sparsh 6th May 2009, 5:38 pm

A 1.4L Diesel will be launched with either 74 PS or 89 PS but we may get the 74 PS diesel for better FE.
    The i20 will also come with a 1.4L petrol and a 1.6L petrol is also on the cards.
    The other product may be the Santa Fe or the Hyundai i30.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 6th May 2009, 7:30 pm

That's a great news for the i20 lovers who were waiting for a diesel economy. But what would be the price? in Fabia's territory?
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 7th May 2009, 1:29 am

The price would be around the Fabia territory, i.e. it will be expensive. I just hope they give us the 89bhp diesel as Hyundai is known to provide good diesels since the Accent CRDi days.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 7th May 2009, 5:56 am

No, it may just be around 35,000 to 40,000 more expensive than the 1.2L.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 9:30 am

What? just 40000 more than a 1.2l petrol borrowed from another car? I'm expecting more, because the 1.4l is new here.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Now Hyundai i20 Diesel! Empty HYUNDAI INDIA MAY SHIFT i20 PRODUCTION ON LABOURUNREST

Post  thackervijay 7th May 2009, 10:15 am

NEW DELHI: Production at Hyundai Motors' Sriperumbudur factory has been hit due to a recurring labour unrest, forcing the company to consider
    shifting the manufacturing of the export-focussed i20 premium compact to a European country, taking away the India-exclusivity tag from the brand.

While representatives of the labour union claimed that production at the company's two plants within the factory premises, that churn out around 1000 units daily, had been crippled due to the stir, the management claimed that there was a "marginal" impact.

"The production loss due to the strike has been marginal, and we have enough stocks to meet any shortfall," Arvind Saxena, V-P at Hyundai Motor India, said. "We are contemplating shifting the production of i20 to a European country, labour unrest being one of the reasons for this. If the situation persists, we will have no option but to readjust production plans for the model," Saxena added.

Infrastructure problems, currency fluctuations and low export incentives are also believed to be among reasons for part-shifting of i20 production. Industry analysts said the company was considering alternative production site for i20 to maintain timely delivery schedules, a crucial factor in export markets.
    source:TOI today.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 10:27 am

Labour unrest has always been a problem for Hyundai. They have been facing this problem for a long time, as their labour unions are quite powerful. Apart from these, i've heard of many 1-3 days strike in local newspapers.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 7th May 2009, 10:49 am

Crazy cat wrote:What? just 40000 more than a 1.2l petrol borrowed from another car? I'm expecting more, because the 1.4l is new here.

It's almost confirmed.
    My dad's friend works in Hyundai and is at a senior post.
    He says that it is almost confirmed that a 1.4L petrol and a 1.4L CRDi is sure to come.
    He says the premium of these engines over the Kappa will only be between 25,000 to 50,000.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 7th May 2009, 10:54 am

thats a good news if the premium is that small for higher engines, surely would be gr8 for i20 buyers.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 11:58 am

autodude sparsh wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:What? just 40000 more than a 1.2l petrol borrowed from another car? I'm expecting more, because the 1.4l is new here.

It's almost confirmed.
    My dad's friend works in Hyundai and is at a senior post.
    He says that it is almost confirmed that a 1.4L petrol and a 1.4L CRDi is sure to come.
    He says the premium of these engines over the Kappa will only be between 25,000 to 50,000.
    Then it will sweeten the deal further. 1.2l petrol will be badly affected, i guess.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 7th May 2009, 12:04 pm

definately, now kappa 1.2 i20 asta middle model costs around 6.4L and 20k more for 1.4 and more 20k for crdi is a acceptable price if launched with this figures so to say that 1.4L petrol would be 6.6L and crdi i20 would be 6.8L, those are really good prices and would be good competition for upcoming models, but i doubt those figures, lets see whats on store from hyundai.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th May 2009, 3:46 pm

zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 9th May 2009, 8:34 am

I dont think that the price difference will be very less.

Hyundians are keen in prcing & they maintain 1lakh difference between their petrol & Diesel Engines.

I atleast expect a difference of 70K between i20 Petrol cars!! Lets wait & watch :)
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 9th May 2009, 4:56 pm

Hyundai will bring the diesel variant of the i20 in India by the end of this year as part of its plan of introducing at least two new products in the Indian market annually for the next couple of years. The company is looking to enhance its share in the 10 lakh-units Indian car market through newer products and the Hyundai i20 diesel would be one of them.
    “Hyundai plans to introduce at least two new products in the Indian market annually for the next couple of years. The i20 diesel variant would be the next in line with launch scheduled for later in 2009,” an official at Hyundai headquarters said.
    (Motorbeam.com)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 10th May 2009, 9:25 am

yeah hyundai has big plans like maruti to launch new models every year, hope they doesnt mess up with i20's diesel and 1.4 petrol models as they did with getz, new hatches are round the corner to launch, delay means again other players would go ahead and might see same failure of another good hatch from hyundai.
    icar

Post  icar 19th June 2009, 12:21 am

Hi! someone from t-bhp posted that i20 diesel will be launching next month. is that true?
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 19th June 2009, 6:37 pm

icar wrote:Hi! someone from t-bhp posted that i20 diesel will be launching next month. is that true?

I donot think so. Not so soon.

IMO, i20 diesel will be a hot seller because of its looks, features and a rocketship of an engine. Price will be pretty high as Hyundai is known to charge a high premium from diesel varients.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 19th June 2009, 6:38 pm

it will easily take an year approx. for the launch of i20
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th June 2009, 12:51 am

I guess i20 diesel will come in a couple of months, at least to divert buyers from GP. If it is going to come after a year, then history will repeat itself and i20 will be another Getz.
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 20th June 2009, 12:51 am

even i havent heard of i20 launching anytime soon
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 20th June 2009, 8:29 am

when i went for a td of i20 few months ago, i asked him for i20 diesel and he said it will take an year for its launch
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th June 2009, 9:58 am

By then people will lose interest in i20 and get hooked on to GP and some other cars. But napster, he might have said just to make you buy i20 petrol and not to wait for diesel.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 20th June 2009, 10:25 am

maybe, i just went to take a test drive thinking i20 is a great car but it turnedout the other way round, the engine isnt good at all
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th June 2009, 11:18 am

That engine proved good in i10, but not in i20.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2nd October 2024, 10:29 pm