The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
fihast
thackervijay
Crazy cat
napster
Vibhor
9 posters

Maruti 800 DX 5speed 15,000 Kms Report.

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Thumbs up Re: Maruti 800 DX 5speed 15,000 Kms Report.

Post  Vibhor 18th May 2009, 7:21 pm

napster wrote:how much did it cost?
    It costs around 1.5k.
    EDIT: 50% visibility.

VT

Last edited by Vibhor on 18th May 2009, 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 18th May 2009, 7:48 pm

and % of visibility?
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 18th May 2009, 7:52 pm

Vibhor wrote:
    napster wrote:how much did it cost?
    It costs around 1.5k.
    EDIT: 50% visibility.

VT
    Cool, Actually Sunfilms are must in summers and llumar is great brand.Enjoy!

RoadRocket
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th May 2009, 4:17 pm

Thanks RR.
    But I've a question regarding sunfilm, Today, I noticed very small bubbles on the film, So what does it means? Was the Installation not done properly and will it affect on film's life?

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 19th May 2009, 4:22 pm

Oh! That is not a good sign. But how big are them? If it is very small and visible only under careful observation, then it is not a problem. But if they big enough to see, then there is some problem with installation. Wait for a week's time for proper understanding.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th May 2009, 4:25 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Oh! That is not a good sign. But how big are them? If it is very small and visible only under careful observation, then it is not a problem. But if they big enough to see, then there is some problem with installation. Wait for a week's time for proper understanding.
    They are very tiny, When I was cleaning the window today, Then I noticed them.

VT
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 19th May 2009, 4:50 pm

Not to worry about small bubbles, They come in most of the cases. :)

RoadRocket
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 19th May 2009, 8:51 pm

the tiny bubbles happen due to improper installation. air getting is between is one reason, other could be dirt or dust particles which means the window was not cleaned proprerly before installation of sunfilm.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 19th May 2009, 9:04 pm

thats due to bad installation, if the bubbles are big, ask the tint fellow to replace it with a new one
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 20th May 2009, 11:56 am

Hey Vibhor,nice review.I would like to know abt that wooden finish you have on youre dash. Where can i get one like that n for much?I want it for my Alto.Also suggest some interior mods. :P
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 20th May 2009, 12:01 pm

Akash wrote:Hey Vibhor,nice review.I would like to know abt that wooden finish you have on youre dash. Where can i get one like that n for much?I want it for my Alto.Also suggest some interior mods. :P
    Hi Akash,
    Thanks, I got the wooden finish job done from Karol Bagh Market, Delhi.
    You can get this easily from any good accessory dealer near you, It would cost around Rs. 800-1k.
    About the other modifications in your car, I think starting a new thread will be nice idea. :)

VT
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 20th May 2009, 12:29 pm

Ya sure.regardin the cost of bumper painting.I dont know y everybody is surprised abt the 4.5k.i also got my Alto bumpers painted for the same price n this amount is standard across all MAS stations for Alto n 800.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 21st May 2009, 6:16 pm

Akash wrote:Ya sure.regardin the cost of bumper painting.I dont know y everybody is surprised abt the 4.5k.i also got my Alto bumpers painted for the same price n this amount is standard across all MAS stations for Alto n 800.
    Recently i asked MS dealership about the cost of painting Swift's bumper, they said it would cost Rs. 2500.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 22nd May 2009, 10:44 am

Vibhor wrote:Thanks RR.
    But I've a question regarding sunfilm, Today, I noticed very small bubbles on the film, So what does it means? Was the Installation not done properly and will it affect on film's life?

VT

wait till week gets over, check out if the bubbles are getting more bigger or same, if its more and worst then current one get back to the installer and replace it, it is not done properly.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 22nd May 2009, 7:59 pm

Crazy cat wrote:
    Akash wrote:Ya sure.regardin the cost of bumper painting.I dont know y everybody is surprised abt the 4.5k.i also got my Alto bumpers painted for the same price n this amount is standard across all MAS stations for Alto n 800.
    Recently i asked MS dealership about the cost of painting Swift's bumper, they said it would cost Rs. 2500.
    Painting the Swift's bumpers?
    I think they already come body coloured in all versions. :roll:

RoadRocket
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 22nd May 2009, 8:06 pm

Road Rocket wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:

RoadRocket

i think he is talking about the case in which you need to get a new bumper, like in case of an accident and other cases in which the bumper gets damaged, you dont get bumpers in color from the accessories store, you get them in black and you need to get it painted
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 22nd May 2009, 8:12 pm

napster wrote:
    Road Rocket wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:

RoadRocket

i think he is talking about the case in which you need to get a new bumper, like in case of an accident and other cases in which the bumper gets damaged, you dont get bumpers in color from the accessories store, you get them in black and you need to get it painted
    So in that case, i believe, they adjust money from bumper's cost itself.

RoadRocket
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 22nd May 2009, 8:15 pm

Road Rocket wrote:
    napster wrote:
    Road Rocket wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:

RoadRocket

So in that case, i believe, they adjust money from bumper's cost itself.
    RoadRocket
    no they wont, they charge extre for the paint, the price they show is only for a black bumper
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd May 2009, 8:17 pm

Road Rocket wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:

RoadRocket
    My bumper has scratches on left side. So asked him(service guy) about painting it. He said the scratches are less, you can do it once you get bigger ones. So i asked him about how it'll cost and he said 2.5k rs for front alone.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 22nd May 2009, 8:21 pm

[quote=napster]no they wont, they charge extre for the paint, the price they show is only for a black bumper[/quote]What I'm saying is that they adjust the price of paint from the cost of bumper itself!

[/quote=crazycat]My bumper has scratches on left side. So asked him(service guy) about painting it. He said the scratches are less, you can do it once you get bigger ones. So i asked him about how it'll cost and he said 2.5k rs for front alone.[/quote]Do you know it makes alot of difference in painting an already painted bumper and a bumper without any paint on it.So it would obviously cost less because swift comes with body coloured bumpers.

RoadRocket
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd May 2009, 8:34 pm

In metallic paint, they'll remove the paint altogether and re-paint the whole part. So i guess it is just the same. Correct me, if i'm wrong.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 22nd May 2009, 9:38 pm

if there are less scratches, wy dont get a regular touchup done? that will not cost you much
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 22nd May 2009, 9:41 pm

Please come back to M800 Topic. :offtopic:
    thackervijay wrote:wait till week gets over, check out if the bubbles are getting more bigger or same, if its more and worst then current one get back to the installer and replace it, it is not done properly.
    Thanks vijay, Will check out after a week.

VT
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 22nd May 2009, 9:49 pm

@all
    guys i think i couldnt make myself clear regarding bumper paint job.They charge 4.5k for painting the front n rear bumper of alto n 800.N if they r charging 2.5k for front bumer alone, doesnt suprise me..
    these prices frm Arya Cars(Maruti Dealer at Nagpur)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 23rd May 2009, 1:07 am

Akash wrote:@all
    guys i think i couldnt make myself clear regarding bumper paint job.They charge 4.5k for painting the front n rear bumper of alto n 800.N if they r charging 2.5k for front bumer alone, doesnt suprise me..
    these prices frm Arya Cars(Maruti Dealer at Nagpur)
    Swift's bumpers are bigger than 800. Swift is dimensionally bigger than 800(by width). And the height of bumper of Swift is higher than 800. The area to be painted in 800 is less. Ok any way, it is the MS fixed price and should be same across India. And lets get back to the topic. :offtopic:

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 2:42 am