The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

hyundai i20 crdi test drive report

thackervijay
    thackervijay

Thumbs up hyundai i20 crdi test drive report

Post  thackervijay 19th July 2009, 4:53 pm

hello guys, as said TD the car just few mins back, not fully as car came for a neighbour and i joined in for a short ride, looks, features all same as i20 petrol with the addition of ABS in base magna which is the pick of the lot.Start the engine and you dont hear any noise, even accelerating you would be surprised to check is this petrol or diesel,wow i loved this.Initial pickup is good and no surge what so ever.This engine doesnot feel like mad and raw power like older 1.5 terrain but good for city as well as highways.Didnot went on higher speeds as was raining and factory road connecting to highwayis under work and only one side working and too traffic to cross in rains.Price is yes one factor which might go against i20 which is as always bad reputation from hyundai with pricing, also one thing which i was fearing was its soft suspention but was impressed with it,didnot felt it too soft on bad roads nor was felt on cornerning,but would comment on its very light steering which might feel too light on higher speeds, still better then jazz anyday as far as steeringhandling is concerned.Incabin is insulated superbly no noise what so ever else then higher speed a/c fans else silent.Rear seats are comfortable, found it better then fiat GP.Asta is a better package with around 35k pricier to topend GP.Question here is that would you buy one with this price, surely is my answer is price is not a barrier, I would buy one if not Asta then Magna which comes with all good features.Hyundai is better in ASS and spares to fiat so it would sell for sure.GP and i20 has surely created a good options for buyers for premium hatchbacks.A more detailed report with pics coming soon, so bear till then and do feel free to ask.Thanks.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Thumbs up Re: hyundai i20 crdi test drive report

Post  im_hummer_freak 19th July 2009, 7:16 pm

sounds a better package all together when compared to punto. waiting for pics.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th July 2009, 8:21 am

Wow great vijay. Waiting for the detailed report Very Happy . You said no surge in power, does that mean linear power delivery?
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 20th July 2009, 12:11 pm

yeah CC linear power delivery is felt at around 2k but that turbo push was not felt may be cause i didnt go on higher ways.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 23rd July 2009, 11:42 am

actually on lower speeds this car doesnt feel slugish and enough power to cruise at 30kmh at 4th gear, so lower power is given sufficiently for easy city driving which is missing in most other diesel hatchbacks.
    One query is to this new 1.4L crdi engine is this manufactured in korea and imported to india or assembeled here itself?Can anyone shed more lights on this.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 23rd July 2009, 9:50 pm

Hey Vijay your report was good and I think the i20 diesel is really a very good buy, price no barrier. I am yet to drive the i20 diesel and feel the motor myself. But what you have forgotten to mention is that the Fabia will have sleepless nights now and will soon be knocked out of the competition.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 24th July 2009, 9:55 am

I think the first batch of engines would be imported, or at least that was case for Verna with the 1.5l crdi engine.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 24th July 2009, 10:37 am

guys, whats the price of i20 d?
    @vijay: no turbo push in a 1.4ltr diesel engine?
    that dissapointed me, i was expecting much from a 1.4ltr d engine,
    and guys it was said that 1.4 AT petrol i.20 also came out along with the D variant? true?
    it has automatic sun roof, 6air bags, and other features
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th July 2009, 12:59 pm

napster wrote:guys, whats the price of i20 d?
    and guys it was said that 1.4 AT petrol i.20 also came out along with the D variant? true?

yes Ram its true, only AT transmission is launched for 1.4L petrol engine.The linear delivery on lower band is really very good which is missing in most of the diesel hatchbacks today, what whoosh which we all have started loveing after swift diesel came in, yes it doesnt feel around 2500rpm but then as i said was yet to check on higher speeds and couldnot go beyond that limit, else good ride and overall a good car with higher pricing, may be Jazz effect as hyundai might have thought why not to take that premium if honda can, also have heard that a new i20 diesel is coming with same engine but with changed specs and lesser features as to current one and cheaper pricing.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 25th July 2009, 11:27 am

Actually the turbo push is not good while driving. It can be used to feel the rush only. It's not very practical. We need linear power delivery for better driving. From vijay's review, i think i20 would be well driveable.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 25th July 2009, 1:03 pm

Crazy cat wrote:
    Actually the turbo push is not good while driving. It can be used to feel the rush only. It's not very practical. We need linear power delivery for better driving. From vijay's review, i think i20 would be well driveable.

yes CC hyundai has worked hard on this new motor as it was easy for me to be on the speed of 30 on 4th gear without feeling sluggish or vibrations, its better driveable motor i feel then 1.5 crdi.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 2:42 am