The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
anjan
abhi_qpotsiavs
Vibhor
thackervijay
raj_5004
zinam
Crazy cat
11 posters

My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Thumbs down My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report

Post  Crazy cat 29th November 2008, 7:56 pm

Hello everyone. Here is my dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report.

Introduction:
    It was the time, we were living with our Esteem Diesel. We were completely satisfied with it, save for its lack of space at the rear. Then I first saw the scoop of Logan on ACI and was keep tracking it. It was launched around 2007 July in Coimbatore. We took a visit with our family. Our initial impression was bad. So we left.
    But on August 2007, our Esteem met with an Accident. We all were safe, but my dad got a fracture near his shoulder and two on his legs. The vehicle was totaled. So we had to hunt for a car, befor my dad recovers. Then Logan fulfilled our choices with Space, comfort, and ride. Though we hated it looks we went for it.
    Now lets get to the Logan.

Exterior:
    We didnot like Logan's boxy looks at first place. But for Space, comfort and ride, we got it. But now it has changed. Logan is now common and its shape has now grown on us. So we started to like it. Now I feel like Logan is not a bad looker.

Interior:
    The interiors are beige in colour. It gets dirty very quick and needs more attention. Ergonomic wise, the interiors are poor. Front P/W switches on the centre console, rear P/W switches between front seats. The AC controls rotates the other side. The quality is also not great. It rattles a lot(More than my Swift).

Engine and Performance:
    Logan's engine is strong. After around 10000kms, its engine loses is refinement. The dealer assured us that it is normal. But yes he is correct, the car is now pulling clealy and the FE has improved and no Vibes. We were satisfied with the performance, beacuse Esteem Di was under powered. Logan's power is the best suitable for our traffic. But on the 4/6 lane roads, it lacks enough grunt. It is very driveable too.

Space and Comfort:
    Probably the best in class with a wide body and genorous legroom. This is the only car that is comfortable for me till now. Other wise if I sit front, the person sitting at the back will always complain. But in this, I sit at front adjust the seat and then come back, I still have enough legroom. The rear seat is very wide. The seats are reasonably comfortable.

Ride, Handling, and Braking:
    Ride is the best in class for sure. The roads we drive are really bad. My dad had some pain after discharge for few months. Logan pampered him very well. Handling is very grippy. But no serious fun can be had like Swift, because the body leans at curves. Brake has adequate stopping power, but lacks sharp bite. Late braking is better avoided. Stability is rock solid, even at high speeds.

Fuel economy:
    the Fuel economy of Logan is really good. We are getting 17 kmpl in city circle. 20kmpl at normal highways and 17kmpl on 4 lane highways(speeds of above 120kmph). And a complete rash driving trip yielded a mileage of 14kmpl. All are trip computer details.

Problem's faced:
    1.) Body rattle:
    Due to bad roads, Logan rattles a lot. It rattles more than Swift(Swift rattles only on broken or pothole). Rattle sound has become a part, even in average roads. The service guys arenot able to solve it, very bad.
    2.) Low ground clearence:
    Speed breakers are every where in Coimbatore. Care is needed even for medium sized speed breakers, otherwise you'll here the metal sheet hitting the road. It gets worse when 5 on-board.
    3.) ORVM:
    The Outside Rear View mirrors are too small for visibility. But this is not the problem. The problem is, every time we retract the mirrors, it is so hard and it pops out as if it is going to break and it did. The right side mirror has broken due to this and we had to spend 2500rs, but our driver fixed i with anabond and some screws. Now it is adjustable, but cannot be closed.
    This is the end of review of my dad's Logan.
    This is the first review I'm giving. So please digest the way I wrote it. I'll upload the pics soon.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Thumbs down Re: My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report

Post  Crazy cat 29th November 2008, 8:11 pm

My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report 160820073731xb0
    This was our Esteem.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 29th November 2008, 8:23 pm

My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report P1010038kz2
    This is our Logan.
    My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report P1010039ds8
    My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report P1010040zr0
    50000kms on the odo.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 29th November 2008, 8:26 pm

My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report P1010041me5
    This is the most annoying thing on every day usage. The controls work in opposite direction(to my swift and every other cars).
    My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report P1010045yo7
    The next annoying thing is the rear power window switch. It is placed really low and the rear passengers had to play with middle passenger's foot to operate. A good exercise though. :lol!:.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 29th November 2008, 8:43 pm

Good Pics & Nice Review...

Nothing is their to hate from the Looks Buddy....

Under the hood Logan is really a great Performer !! :cheers:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 29th November 2008, 8:49 pm

Yes buddy, I now like the looks of it. And as you said under the hood, it is a real performer.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 29th November 2008, 11:00 pm

i feel your logan looks good in white. i saw a white logan in mumbai with dark tinted glass and chrome alloys, and excuse me for saying this, it looked awesome.
    the mileage you are getting is terrific. but shocked to hear the ground clearance part, i though the car had enough GC.
    yes, the car is built to a price and it shows. what was the on road price of your logan? how is service by mahindra?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 29th November 2008, 11:23 pm

Its On-road price was 7,14,000Rs. But now I heard that it is 1lakh more.
    The service is only average. They are friendly, and really eager to do but they are not able to sovle the problem up to satisfaction.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 30th November 2008, 8:07 am

Oh !!! 7,14,000 + 1,00,000 More is not a good price for Logan.... :affraid:

We can then opt for Fiesta or Verna's Low End Version :x
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 30th November 2008, 8:27 am

Yes I too feel, it is priced highly. After all it is a cheap car that is built to a price. But the showroom guys tell that it is because of raising Euro and falling Rupee. They say 40% of the parts are imported.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th November 2008, 12:13 pm

good review CC, yes can understand with those pics what pain it feels with opposite viewing switches and rear window switches too. Else logan with white colour does looks cool.and without wonders the best inclass space and comfort. Also ur FE mentioned are very good. Keep posting mate. :cheers:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st December 2008, 3:06 pm

You all know that Logan doesn't have a internal boot release. But our dealer solved the problem after a month of our purchase. They offered a power boot release for Rs.500 and the problem is solved :8<: .
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 1st December 2008, 5:19 pm

WoW!...very nice review buddy!!:)
    oh..its very sad to hear about your esteem!
    ..anyways!...your logan looks awesome!....n nice pics!...n logan is a very nice and sensible upgrade from esteem!!:yup:

Vibhor
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st December 2008, 11:58 pm

Thank you Vibhor. Well actually of all the cars we've owned, Esteem was our favourite. It had some kind of emotional attachment with our family. That is why I posted pics of it.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 2nd December 2008, 4:30 pm

Welcome buddy, ..your esteem looks that it was almost new!
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 2nd December 2008, 10:01 pm

Yes man, it was scratchless and clocked around 98,000kms.
    A info about Logan:
    I just checked the service record. After the free services, every service costs more than 6500rs. It is very very expensive.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 6th December 2008, 3:40 pm

oh!..thats quite expensive! :shock:
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 6th December 2008, 4:09 pm

than whats the point in buying a car with the "cheapest" tag and saving over fuel bills when all the savings are going back to renault during services.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 6th December 2008, 8:40 pm

@raj is the same you face with your Scorpio? Or it is just Renault doing this?
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 6th December 2008, 11:40 pm

no, scorpio is not too good in its FE, i get about 9-10 kmpl in mumbai city.
    but the service is cheap. cost of my second serice was Rs. 145.
    cost of paid services come in the range of Rs. 2000-3000.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 7th December 2008, 8:07 am

@CC Buddy!! Car Clocking almost 1 Lakh Kms will surely keep ur Bills on the higher side..

By this time all ur Stock parts would have worn out & the service personels would be replacing or servicing it...

So i dont feel 6500 Bucks is on higher side for 98000Kms...
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th December 2008, 10:53 am

zinam buddy, 98000kms for my old Esteem diesel. Logan has clocked only 50000kms and all three paid services costed 6800, 5200, and 6800 respectively.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 21st February 2009, 12:56 am

Guys have a look at the amount we paid for our 60k km service of Logan. The major change is the timing belt. How much will a timing belt and installation cost? Is this charge a normal? Please help me.
    My dad's Logan's 50000km/1yr report Logan10
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th February 2009, 10:31 am

17050/- is a higher side, i guess have heard that mahindra renault is expensive then mahindra as renault gets its few products import and not manufactured here, but its expensive as compared to scorpio as a friend have one and his bills for 80K for his scorpio is not this high as urs in logan.Raj want to hear your share of scorpio, is your car's service this high as logans??
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 25th February 2009, 9:29 am

Here is a good news of our Logan. Please watch this video. Mileage of 31.1 kpl.

I took our Logan for a mileage run. The total distance was 19.9 kms. Time around 11.30PM. The traffic was less but still this is not a standard test. I had to change gears, overtake trucks entering city at night, speed breakers, flyovers, etc... I was alone in the car with AC on.

Let me explain something about this trip computer.

The first thing you view is the ODO. A total of 57562 kms clocked in its lifetime.
    The second thing is trip meter(Shows 571.8km). But this tripmeter doesn't have any relation with Trip computer. So i didnot reset this.
    The third one is total fuel consumed. After resetting the trip computer, 0.6 litres of diesel is consumed.
    The forth one is the Mileage indicator. It shows 31.1kpl.
    The fifth one shows that with the diesel left, we can travel 1236km before refuelling(this changes with average FE)
    The sixth one is Trip meter that belongs to the trip computer. It says 19.9 kms done.
    The seventh one is Average speed. It is dropping because the car is stationary

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 2:40 am