The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Road Rocket
fihast
thackervijay
napster
im_hummer_freak
voldemort
abhi_qpotsiavs
abhinavgupta
Vibhor
Crazy cat
raj_5004
15 posters

My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!!

napster
    napster

My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!! - Page 4 Empty Re: My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!!

Post  napster 4th June 2009, 12:34 am

dude, its a 400cc engine,it should first be able to pull its own weight along with the cars weight,and then comes the passengers weight, this thing wont be selling good IMO,
    :offtopic:
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!! - Page 4 Empty Re: My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!!

Post  raj_5004 4th June 2009, 11:35 am

its a diesel, so pulling capacity is not a problem. diesels pull loads easily but are not as fast as petrols. the 400cc diesel will easily pull load as much as the 600cc petrol in nano, but wont be as fast.

anyways, this is OT.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Post  Vlad 4th June 2009, 1:06 pm

Hmm, maybe you know more than what your revealing here. Anyway, don't want another TAIian to get into trouble, so let it be & all shall watch what the final product will be after its 'Officially' launched 8)
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 4th June 2009, 7:07 pm

@ vlad: not much, just that they also have built a pick up version of the same, with a 550 cc diesel engine, maybe to compete with the tata axe. it has a load carrying capaity of just 500 kgs!
    anjan
    anjan

Post  anjan 4th June 2009, 8:06 pm

Raj The 400cc diesel from M&M is really news for 2009 ! A 400cc diesel should be much economical. And being in the know of it, did Tata Motors make Nano hopefuls dish out a handsome amount for booking to stay put ? Or else, Nano hopefuls will exit and get into the M&M fold i n no time.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 4th June 2009, 11:22 pm

infact i have always felt mahindra has always tried to compete with tata. and mahindra's products always sell more comparitively. the bolero (sold 6000 units) compared to sumo (2100 units), the scorpio (3100 units) compared to safari (700 units). all sales figures are of april 09.
    and now this... competition for nano! this competition is really good for us!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 6th June 2009, 11:16 am

raj_5004 wrote:thanks buddy.
    that would be great fihast.
    meanwhile i have heard that mahindra has secretly built a 400cc 4 seater diesel car to compete with the nano. the project has been going on for past 1.5 years & the prototype has been built. top speed seems to be 60 kmph. pricing is said to be lower than nano. they say it can be launched in 3-4 months. to maintain secrecy, all developments were done outside india. i am not sure though. also, MODS, i cannot mention the source here, due to obvious reasons, sorry!
    also, mahindra has taken over a company called 'engines engineering' from italy, 2 years back. nobody knew about this. this is a 2 wheeler company. i dont know why mahindra is so 'secretive'!!!

have a look at their website:
    http://enginesengineering.com/

go to 'press', you will get the details.

thats a superb news raj, and if to believe that would be another benchmark for indian automobile industry.Regarding two wheeler company, yes its true and mahindra is working with kinetic for two wheelers market, and working for the same company they got from italy, dont know they would source or tieup with kinetic for its two wheelers venture or be on their own, seems tieup as kinetic is already having the infrastructure ready and available, have seen couple of kinetic scooters with mahindra's badging, dont know are they out already or were on testings.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 6th June 2009, 11:23 am

thackervijay wrote:
    raj_5004 wrote:thanks buddy.
    that would be great fihast.
    meanwhile i have heard that mahindra has secretly built a 400cc 4 seater diesel car to compete with the nano. the project has been going on for past 1.5 years & the prototype has been built. top speed seems to be 60 kmph. pricing is said to be lower than nano. they say it can be launched in 3-4 months. to maintain secrecy, all developments were done outside india. i am not sure though. also, MODS, i cannot mention the source here, due to obvious reasons, sorry!
    also, mahindra has taken over a company called 'engines engineering' from italy, 2 years back. nobody knew about this. this is a 2 wheeler company. i dont know why mahindra is so 'secretive'!!!

have a look at their website:
    http://enginesengineering.com/

go to 'press', you will get the details.

thats a superb news raj, and if to believe that would be another benchmark for indian automobile industry.Regarding two wheeler company, yes its true and mahindra is working with kinetic for two wheelers market, and working for the same company they got from italy, dont know they would source or tieup with kinetic for its two wheelers venture or be on their own, seems tieup as kinetic is already having the infrastructure ready and available, have seen couple of kinetic scooters with mahindra's badging, dont know are they out already or were on testings.
    thats great news.
    about the 2 wheeler. i have seen adverts of a mahindra scooter. dont remember its name. may be it was flyte.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 6th June 2009, 9:18 pm

yes the two wheeler is indeed mahindra flyte saw its advert again today.
    here's its pic
    My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!! - Page 4 73944210
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 6th June 2009, 10:00 pm

totally off topic in my OWNERSHIP THREAD.
    lets just keep OT discussions to the minimum.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th June 2009, 9:13 am

hey RAj, is you scorpio on gujarat's tour passing by Ahmedabad??
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 8th June 2009, 3:46 pm

no buddy, its in mumbai for past many days!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 9th June 2009, 12:48 pm

oh ok thanks, saw a mum reg, scorpio very much similar to yours and also very much same seat covers so thought to ask you and also same front guard too. :D
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 9th June 2009, 4:57 pm

ohhhhh, who that 'copy cat'?? lol...
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 1st July 2009, 4:34 pm

i am so so so irritated...

i always like my car's cabin to be very silent & free of sqeaks & rattles. my non-CRDe scorpio has crossed 1.5 lakh+ kms & CRDe has crossed 1 lakh+ kms & i can vouch for their build quality. even today their cabin seems to be so tough & rattle free.

sadly, thats not the case with my mHawk. first its driver door started sqeaking. got it rectified twice at the A.S.S & it resurfaces everytime. now there is some noise from the boot too. i am not too sure whether its the boot door or something else in the boot. all these noises are only on rough surfaces & not at low speeds. still, i wish i could make the cabin super silent, the way it was when new.

my hawk has seen some minor additional fitments like the ICE. the door panels have been removed twice for this. could this be the reason? also, for the fitment of vinyls for the blackened pillars, the door beadings were removed.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 1st July 2009, 4:57 pm

well Raj, it may have been the reason, better you get it checked at their ASS and find whats the reason for those noise from it, boltings may have loosened up on rough surfaces and might be making noise, though i feel lesser chance but better to get it checked to get confirmed.Have you checked the tool kits and jack fitted properly and not making any noise, if thats ruled out and you still feel the same noise coming, may be then get it seen at ASS.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 1st July 2009, 5:25 pm

that can also be a reason, if the panels are not fitted properly these problems arise, even if the Lclamps which make the door move left and right, are broken or loose they make such sounds, i had similar problem wiht my driver side door and when i went to get it rectified, it was the Lclamps, one of the clamp was broken, also check the jack, tool kit and other accessories in the boot, they might be having some free space to make rattling sounds when the car goes on a rough road
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st July 2009, 9:49 pm

As far as i've seen, quality of cars comes down by every year, especially a lot with face lifts.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd July 2009, 3:59 pm

[offtopic]not only cars but quality of almost everything comes down every year, the same thing happened even with pulsar and karizma in the bikes segment,
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 4th July 2009, 11:11 am

yes thats very true with company saying in this competetive market does reduce the quality used which is inferior to the ones used before, but still its one of the best a Suv's now powered with its mHawk engine.I still love this beast.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 4:51 am