The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Road Rocket
fihast
thackervijay
napster
im_hummer_freak
voldemort
abhi_qpotsiavs
abhinavgupta
Vibhor
Crazy cat
raj_5004
15 posters

My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!!

Post  Vibhor 8th May 2009, 1:36 pm

oh!!:shock:
    Raj, Why you didn't folded its last row seats?

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!! - Page 2 Empty Re: My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!!

Post  Crazy cat 8th May 2009, 1:38 pm

What is this? :lol: . Did you assign your Scorp to carry baggages like a taxi service? ;)

@vibhor, bass tube and ovals are under the seat. So it is better in this way itself. So Raj should have left this way.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 8th May 2009, 1:43 pm

dude, what is this?/soo many baggages, your taking your whole colony on a tour or what??
    just kidding,
    cant you DC your bass tube??
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th May 2009, 3:12 pm

firstly Raj, rear seats should have been folded for your luggage accomodation, that does ruins your covers, else yes no doubt that beast can take that hell of luggage in it.
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 8th May 2009, 4:17 pm

this may be called multi utility
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 8th May 2009, 8:35 pm

Raj!Your car is so badly loaded! 8O
    As righlty said by fihast, This is called "Multiutility".

RoadRocket
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 8th May 2009, 10:36 pm

just see the scorpio first concept at
    www.mahindra-customisation.com
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 9th May 2009, 9:05 am

@ vibhor: i did not fold the last row seats as i would have to remove the basstube & the speakers to load the luggage then! this way, the luggage could be kept over the seats.

@ crazycat: these are suitcases of 2 families!

@ napster: i could have DC the basstube but as you can see, there was no need to!

@ thackervijay: i dint fold the seats due to reasons mentioned above.

@ fihast: thats right!!!

@ roadrocket: badly loaded??? the scorpio dint complain & was ready for more!

Last edited by raj_5004 on 9th May 2009, 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th May 2009, 9:17 am

What is DC?
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 9th May 2009, 9:22 am

Crazy cat wrote:What is DC?

DC = disconnected, sorry buddy!
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 9th May 2009, 5:20 pm

@Raj, Thats right, I didn't noticed the bass tube, BTW, Where were you going with the luggage of two families? And what about the passengers where were they sitting? On roof? Lol, Just kidding.

VT
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 9th May 2009, 5:31 pm

Vibhor wrote:@Raj, Thats right, I didn't noticed the bass tube, BTW, Where were you going with the luggage of two families? And what about the passengers where were they sitting? On roof? Lol, Just kidding.

VT

hi vibhor, it was an airport trip. there were 2 cars, my scorpio & innova doing the duty. 6 passengers & driver were in the innova. 2 passengers, me & all the luggage in the scorpio. i was driving & the 2 passengers were in the front seat & middle row.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 9th May 2009, 5:33 pm

raj_5004 wrote:
    Vibhor wrote:@Raj, Thats right, I didn't noticed the bass tube, BTW, Where were you going with the luggage of two families? And what about the passengers where were they sitting? On roof? Lol, Just kidding.

VT

hi vibhor, it was an airport trip. there were 2 cars, my scorpio & innova doing the duty. 6 passengers & driver were in the innova. 2 passengers, me & all the luggage in the scorpio. i was driving & the 2 passengers were in the front seat & middle row.
    aha!Ok, Got it. :)

VT
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 10th May 2009, 10:25 pm

ah. i guessed it right. it could only happen during an airport trip. No one goes for a picnic with so much luggage.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 12th May 2009, 11:03 am

my scorpio has done 18,800 kms. an unscheduled visit of my scorpio to the A.S.S. took place.
    reasons are the driver door squeaking re-surfaced My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!! - Page 2 Frustration & the AC performance has dropped drastically. as mumbai's temp levels are increasing day by day, i am finding it more difficult to sit in the cabin. the AC doesnt make me sweat but it does not cool the cabin to a comfortable level either.

Reasons could be:
    1) some major fault in the coil/compressor/etc. or gas leakage.
    2) my car is parked under a small tree which showers its blessings on my scorpio in the form of small dried leaves. every morning when i see my scorpio, the bonnet is fully covered with brown dusty leaves. even on the previous 3 visits to the A.S.S (schedules services), the mechanics have remarked that huge amount of leaves are found in the AC filter. i suspect even this time, these leaves have choked up the filter & hence the throw of cool air in the cabin is less. earlier i used to set the AC at 2-Low, now i have to keep it at 4-High, just to avoid sweating!
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 12th May 2009, 7:45 pm

Got a SHOCKER yesterday! the estimated bill amount is Rs. 10,000!
    this includes the 20,000 service & AC servicing. As soon as the third free service is over, these guys started thinking ways to mint money.

My major issue was the AC was not cooling well. On inspection, they found out that the AC filter (as expected) was clogged with leaves & hence the throw of air in the cabin was less. Also, they told me that the AC coil is found to be functioning less than perfect, so they will replace it under warranty. but that will require them to service the entire AC unit. (Does replacing an AC coil demand an entire AC servicing?) The cost of AC servicing & gas refill (Rs. 3000) will be on me!

The A.S.S dint have the AC coil in stock, they will get it tomorrow afternoon & i will hopefully get my car tomorrow evening. Meanwhile, the 20,000 service & the door squeaking issue has been solved.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 12th May 2009, 7:56 pm

Tata and Mahindra service costs are way too high. It'll take some time for people to realise this. Check the spares of with with their competitors, regular servicing parts are highest in the segment. Tata is the highest with diesel filter alone costing around 2.5k.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 12th May 2009, 7:59 pm

mahindra is the cheapest my friend if you are comparing the innova, safari & scorpio.
    but yes, in an innova, the AC coil will never go kaput in a 20,000 run vehicle!
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 12th May 2009, 8:01 pm

i dunno why A S S costs soo high, they charge for every single thing and they suggest for a complete part change if there is a small problem, i think they are lazy to work on the faulty parts and fix them
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 12th May 2009, 8:20 pm

AC coil will not replaced on every service, like you said at least not in Innova. By regular parts, i mean air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, etc.., In this regard Scorpio is expensive than Innova(Source ACI spare parts survey).
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 12th May 2009, 8:25 pm

is it? i will be certainly suprised if that is the case. i will compare the bills of my innova & scorpio.

also, mahindra recommends service intervals at every 5000 kms compared to 10,000 kms by toyota.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 14th May 2009, 8:27 am

20,000 service details + other minor issues:
    My car was driven into the A.S.S on 11/05/09 for the problems mentioned in above posts & was deliverd to me today, that is, 13/05/09. The delay of 1 day happened because the AC coil which was to be replaced was not in stock.

anyways, here is the break up of the service bill:

1) Maximile supreme oil - 6 lit. - Rs. 912/-
    2) Oil filter - 1 - Rs. 138/-
    3) Max treat (Oil additive added on my request) - 1 - Rs. 346/-
    4) Fuel filter - 1 - Rs. 1445/-
    5) Washer - 4 - Rs. 64/-
    6) Cotton Waste - 2 - Rs. 17/-
    7) W.D. 40 - 1 - Rs. 54/-
    8 ) Mafron 134 Gas (For AC) - 700 - Rs. 420/-
    9) Refrigerant oil 13 - 100 - Rs. 150/-

Labour Charges:

1) Change engine oil - Rs. 300/-
    2) Fuel Filter - Rs. 300/-
    3) Vehicle Washing - Rs. 450/-
    4) AC service - Rs. 3000/-

VAT + Sales = Rs. 443/-
    TAX = Rs. 417/-

TOTAL = Rs. 8459/- My Scorpio VLX - Powered by mHAWK !!! - Page 2 Shockked

# Whats shocking:
    1) Rs. 17/- for the cotton waste!!! why are they acting like beggars?
    2) Labour charge Rs. 450/- for vehicle washing! does every A.S.S. charge for this?

# After Effects:
    1) AC complained solved after replacing the coil. the throw of air is fantastic & the cooling is superb. now i dont need to go above 2-Low! it chills to the core, just like when it was new!
    2) driver door squeaking issue is solved. but i am not sure when it will re-surface again.
    3) Engine sounds & feels a bit different now. a bit more smooth & more responsive at throttle inputs which is good.
    4) Although i have cribbed about it above, the washing guys have done an excellent job. my car is sparkling clean on the outside. even the interiors & the AC vents look new. the doors, mats & dashboard look fresh. (AC vents must have been cleaned during the AC service)
    5) i dont know for what reason, but the gearshift has become a bit smoother than earlier!
    6) My beige seat covers were not dirty, good.
    7) Steering is a bit tilted towards right, i bought this to the notice of the service advisor after my TD, but since it was too late (8 pm!), the staff had left! the advisor told me to bring the car tomorrow or whenever possible, he will rectify that for me.

# Verdict:
    Though the bill amount was a bit on the higher side, the condition in which i received my car bought a smile on my face. This seems to be my new improved scorpio with spanking clean body, smoother engine & gearbox.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 14th May 2009, 11:19 am

Raj, got your smile back and satisfied is good to hear from you, but would like to know the spares difference for scorpio and innova if you can do that.They charged you for cotton waste too :affraid: , man thats shocking.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 14th May 2009, 11:29 am

good to know your smile is back, but from when are these bhikari's charging for cotton waste also?
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 14th May 2009, 7:00 pm

cotton waste! dont you see they have even charged for WD 40! and how can they charge me for washing the car? which A.S.S does that? did they even ask me before washing my car if it is going to be charged? losers... 💢

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 4:57 am