The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
abhinavgupta
satyam2936
Road Rocket
raj_5004
archit
Crazy cat
10 posters

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

napster
    napster

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 4 Empty Re: Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 10:11 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Today I went to RM car decors. They didn't have JBL. He quoted me for 15700rs :affraid: , just for a 2 channel amp and sub. Here is the list.
    Silicon 2ch amp - 4050
    Kicker Sub 12" - 5500
    Sub encloser - 2500
    R.C. cable - 750
    wire and fuse - 1500
    Woofer pin - 600
    woofer wire - 300
    labour - 950
    total - 16150
    less - 450
    final total - 15700
    My finalised budget is 16000rs, as dad sanctioned the above quotation. But i feel it is quite expensive. What do you all think about it?

PS: Tomorrow is the last date given for me do the job, as the Swift is due for 20k km service and the service should be done by day after tomorrow(dad's order).
    dude this is too expensive
    sub is worth but a 2channel amp and 4050 is expensive
    instead of taking all the amplifier cables seperately, o for jbl wiring kit, it has everything of the top quality and costs 1500 max
    and if the enclosure is similar to mine then dont pay him more than 500
    and wooferpin costs 50rs max, c'mon dude its just a pin, there is nothing worth in it to spend 300
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 4 Empty Re: Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 10:16 pm

What all does the JBL wiring kit contains?
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 10:28 pm

rc cables, power cable,fuse
    earthing wire, rem wire,sub woofer wire
    and i suggest you to get your car serviced first and then get ice installed as the service centre guys dont care about whats in your car and handle them taking for granted, if they spill water on the parts they tend to fail
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 10:47 pm

Thanks napster. I'll opt for JBL cables. The problem is, with this installation, the car might get dirt. SO let them finish all these work and i'll take it to service. If necessary i may disconnect them, as the installer said, it can be easily removed.

What about bass tubes? Which one is better, box or tube?
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 11th May 2009, 10:52 pm

what i heard was bass tube gives you soft punch and box gives you a tight punch, and make sure you get your amplifier installed in your boot
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 12th May 2009, 12:37 am

Be careful with the JBL Wiring kits.
    There are many fake ones in the market.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 12th May 2009, 12:50 am

Is there any way to identify fake kits?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 12th May 2009, 7:46 pm

Today i upgraded my music system :jump: . And thanks to you all guys for the advice. I got a Blaupunkt 2ch amp(3500) and JBL sub(3200. Blaupunkt is with B & W. The total cost was Rs. 9500.

I'm not an expert in this and this is the first time i'm properly listening to sub. I love the sound quality. But one i found is Abhinav's advice of concentrating on front speakers. I badly need components at front. Will try to get it, if possible. All i could hear is the beats, so had to reduce the bass level for sub. With this low bass it is too good to hear. Will upload pics shortly.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 12th May 2009, 7:48 pm

did you get the jbl wiring or the regular oneS?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 12th May 2009, 7:50 pm

Congratulations Crazy Cat, I couldn't help you in this matter though because I too don't have much knowledge of Audio Systems.Anyways waiting for pics of your new AS. :)

VT
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 12th May 2009, 8:01 pm

Like i said.
    The sound stage is disturbed.
    What speakers are you using at the rear?

P.S. Congrats for the Install.
    Sorry i was a bit in replying.
    Wasnt well and phone was switched off.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 12th May 2009, 8:22 pm

@napster, no many shops here didn't have JBL wiring kit. The wiring used is from Soundstream.

@vibhor, thanks vibhor. That's alright buddy :) .

@abhinav, It is JBL 937 GTO at the rear. Front is ordinary JBL(no components).
    That's alright abhinav. No probs. Anyway thanks for the advice.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 12th May 2009, 9:03 pm

Sound Stream is also ok.
    VFM and no issues with them.
    And I think you dont have any amp for fronts which is why your bass is more than the vocals of the speakers.

What setting do you have on the HU's audio settings.
    What Preset, what gains, what bass boost etc?
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 12th May 2009, 9:20 pm

im still waiting for the pics :sleep:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 13th May 2009, 9:18 am

abhinavgupta wrote:Sound Stream is also ok.
    VFM and no issues with them.
    And I think you dont have any amp for fronts which is why your bass is more than the vocals of the speakers.

What setting do you have on the HU's audio settings.
    What Preset, what gains, what bass boost etc?
    Preset is set in Powerful, Bass boost is set in 0, Fader is kept at 0, Loud- High. Will upload a video on it after two days, after i come back from my trip(some problem with youtube, so couldn't upload now).

napster wrote:im still waiting for the pics :sleep:
    Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 4 12052010
    Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 4 12052011

What are the measures should be taken to protect them? Like while going for service, and to clean them,etc..
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 13th May 2009, 11:28 am

make sure you remove them when you give your car for service, else cover them properly before giving it for service
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 13th May 2009, 1:08 pm

yes, thats a must. i always remove my basstube when i give my car for service. even if the ICE escapes the greasy hands of the mechs, these people are addicted to playing loud music in the customer's car, personal experience says so! and if your car has a proper amp + sub setup, then they will never leave that oppurtunity!
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 13th May 2009, 1:12 pm

main problem is when the car undergoes a wash, they use high pressure water guns to wash your ride so the water tends to fall on your amp or sub and that may lead to a DISASTER
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 13th May 2009, 2:35 pm

yeah Raj, absolutely thats mine personal experience too, they would never leave a chance to loud your ICE setup so do remove it before giving it to service.
    Napster yeah thats a valid point too as if water gets inside the setup of any part its boom disaster.
    CC, thats a cool setup and happy you got one you were looking for.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 16th May 2009, 7:59 pm

Thanks for the advice friends. I've removed it while servicing, as i didn't want to take risk. But when i read this yesterday morning from mobile, the car has been to the service centre already. Driver removed it carefully and kept it in the customer lounge, as it was air conditioned, i felt some what relieved. No problems now.

@abhinav, Check this video for sound settings. Hope you can understand.

And also please suggest me some good songs, good audio format, etc..
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 16th May 2009, 8:46 pm

which ever song you choose, makesure you have a high high bitrate song, above 192
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 16th May 2009, 8:48 pm

Sound quality is superb Crazy Cat!

RoadRocket
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 18th May 2009, 11:02 pm

320 kbps is your best bet
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 18th May 2009, 11:13 pm

abhinavgupta wrote:320 kbps is your best bet
    Thanks, most of the music i have is 192kbps. Should try and get 320kbps.

What about the sound settings? What all changes should be done?
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 19th May 2009, 12:15 am

-Reduce Loudness to medium/Low.
    -Change pre-equaliser to flat and confirm EQ 1 has settings +0 +0 +0 after doing flat.
    -HPF should be around 80hz otherwise at high volume , sound will distort and this may cause damage to the speakers.
    -The SLA might be reduced. (But its ok)
    -Bass=0 is perfect

However if still the bass over powers the speakers, increase the M on the EQ Setting 1 till you feel its ok. If you feel the treble is less after that, make it +1/+2(not more than that)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 7:42 am