The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
abhinavgupta
satyam2936
Road Rocket
raj_5004
archit
Crazy cat
10 posters

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 3 Empty Re: Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  abhinavgupta 4th May 2009, 8:51 pm

No You can't
    But neither can you with normal speakers (Coaxials)
    napster
    napster

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 3 Empty Re: Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 8:53 pm

but when the components and the regular ones are compared, which one will perform better wihtout an amplifier??
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 4th May 2009, 9:15 pm

The components.
    Because you get the added tweeters.
    And you are able to bypass the frequencies according to the needs and equipment.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 9:26 pm

taking my personal experience into consideration, i find regular speakers better than the components when there is no amplifier, and when there is an amplifier, the components rock, the regular speakers can no way compared to the components in this case
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 10:13 pm

If front speakers can work well with the HU power, then why should i connect it to Amp. Instead i could connect my ovals.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 4th May 2009, 10:26 pm

I will explain why.
    When you are watching a movie, will you prefer a sound coming from the back or from the front.
    Would you rather turn around to see whether the sound is coming from the right or from the left.

Powering the fronts than the rears is always the way to go for a good setup.
    If you sit in the rear, then of course you need to get more sound from the rears than the fronts.
    But supposing you drive the swift yourself, I or for that matter any good installer would advice you to power the fronts than the rears.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 10:41 pm

abhinavgupta wrote:I will explain why.
    When you are watching a movie, will you prefer a sound coming from the back or from the front.
    Would you rather turn around to see whether the sound is coming from the right or from the left.

Powering the fronts than the rears is always the way to go for a good setup.
    If you sit in the rear, then of course you need to get more sound from the rears than the fronts.
    But supposing you drive the swift yourself, I or for that matter any good installer would advice you to power the fronts than the rears.

:agree: almost every installer suggested me to connect the front speakers to the amplifier
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 10:43 pm

But a reputed installer here said that front speakers can't be connected to amp. You need atleast a component to do so.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 4th May 2009, 10:45 pm

For that reason only i asked you how far is kochi.
    Can we have the name of the installer.
    I can suggest you someone better in your place ( coimbatore too)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 6th May 2009, 10:17 pm

Kochi is quite far from here. It should be around 180-200kms. I'm regular at Sun Combines(a.k.a. SKP). They are quite good in here for sun flim, accesories, etc.. Actually i don't know much about the installers, as i hardly concentrated in ICE before. If you know someone in coimbatore, then please give me his details. Thanks.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 6th May 2009, 10:55 pm

1. R.M. DECORS:
    http://www.rmcarsounds.com/
    2. STADEUM:
    Address : No: 36, Nehru Stadium, Coimbatore - 641 018, Tamil Nadu.
    Phone : 0422 - 2303560, 2380663, 4391923
    Mobile : 98430 - 11223
    Contact person : Mr. Niyas

P.S Do not give my recommendation.
    I dont know these guys.
    A friend had told about these :)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 10:14 am

Thanks abhi. I've seen the stickers of RM in some cars. But never been there. I guess both the shops are around Nehru Stadium only. Will check them soon.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th May 2009, 10:16 am

so decided which one to install ??
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 10:24 am

I haven't decided on any setup. I'm having your setup in my mind. But there might be some changes, if the installer suggests any that suits my budget even better.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 7th May 2009, 11:21 am

He's a well known installer and has done high end installs.
    He also does fibre glassing etc but its not required for you.

Just tell him what you want and the budget you have.
    He'll do the rest.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 11:56 am

I guess RM is the one who did a Lancer with many amps, subs and LCDs.

Will surely check him abhinav.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th May 2009, 12:06 pm

Crazy cat wrote:I haven't decided on any setup. I'm having your setup in my mind. But there might be some changes, if the installer suggests any that suits my budget even better.

if you need anymore further suggestions and enq, regarding the price tags , just let me know, ill help you out with those
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 12:17 pm

How much does that JBL A640 amp costs? you haven't mentioned about its prices. Earlier when i started this thread i was recommended A604 by the installer. But didn't go , due to some problems with getting money from my dad. Now i'll get my dad's approval in a week's time. And will update the same here.

@abhinav, will the distortion of front speakers disappear when i connect them to amp?
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th May 2009, 12:19 pm

its jbl a 604 dude, it costs 5300-5700, not more than that,i got that for 5500
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th May 2009, 12:23 pm

napster wrote:hey crazy cat,
    u get a jbl 4channel amp
    gt5 A604 for around 5300
    and a jbl1000watt sub for 3200 here in hyderabad
    both sum arnd 8500
    as i heard from the distributor of jbl in hyderabad, the 800 watt amplifier has the same board and out put as the jbl A640, wht he said was that its jus a trick being played by the retailers to make some quick money
    the dealer was a friend of my friend and he revealed this to me recently. so dont go for that
    instead try the gt5 A640 4channel amp
    i have this in my car and the performance is pretty good

and yeah forgot to tell you, dont ever go for a sony amplifier, it doesnt give u much choice in tuning the amp, it is pre tuned and whether u like it or not you have to stick to it. i used a sony 350watt amp before and now i upgraded it t o jbl 640. i dont find any -ve's in my sony 1000watt sub till date thou and its nt as expensive as the other brands
    recently a retailer coted 2700 for a 1000watt sony sub, so if u go for a jbl 640 amp and a sony 1000 sub ,it'll be done in ur budget... :winkthumb:

MOD NOTE : Posts Merged
    You mentioned that you have A640 in your car. So which one do you have? and which is better?
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 7th May 2009, 1:42 pm

@ CC, yes it would.
    The reason why the distortion occurs is due to the fact that they need more power and you provide it with lesser, so they try to take in more power which cannot be provided, so the rest of the sound gets distorted due to non availability of power.

Still there is a limit as to how much the speakers can play without distortion.
    Some HU's and speakers ( Read : High end) never distort but these with amps have a limit well above the volume when connected through the HU directly.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th May 2009, 9:11 pm

Crazy cat wrote:
    napster wrote:hey crazy cat,
    u get a jbl 4channel amp
    gt5 A604 for around 5300
    and a jbl1000watt sub for 3200 here in hyderabad
    both sum arnd 8500
    as i heard from the distributor of jbl in hyderabad, the 800 watt amplifier has the same board and out put as the jbl A640, wht he said was that its jus a trick being played by the retailers to make some quick money
    the dealer was a friend of my friend and he revealed this to me recently. so dont go for that
    instead try the gt5 A640 4channel amp
    i have this in my car and the performance is pretty good

and yeah forgot to tell you, dont ever go for a sony amplifier, it doesnt give u much choice in tuning the amp, it is pre tuned and whether u like it or not you have to stick to it. i used a sony 350watt amp before and now i upgraded it t o jbl 640. i dont find any -ve's in my sony 1000watt sub till date thou and its nt as expensive as the other brands
    recently a retailer coted 2700 for a 1000watt sony sub, so if u go for a jbl 640 amp and a sony 1000 sub ,it'll be done in ur budget... :winkthumb:

MOD NOTE : Posts Merged
    You mentioned that you have A640 in your car. So which one do you have? and which is better?

sorry about the type error, its jbl A604
    looking at your budget, go for this one im pretty satisfied with it than the sony amplifiers. and if you still have some budget, try choosing pioneer sub
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 9:43 pm

Today I went to RM car decors. They didn't have JBL. He quoted me for 15700rs :affraid: , just for a 2 channel amp and sub. Here is the list.
    Silicon 2ch amp - 4050
    Kicker Sub 12" - 5500
    Sub encloser - 2500
    R.C. cable - 750
    wire and fuse - 1500
    Woofer pin - 600
    woofer wire - 300
    labour - 950
    total - 16150
    less - 450
    final total - 15700
    My finalised budget is 16000rs, as dad sanctioned the above quotation. But i feel it is quite expensive. What do you all think about it?

PS: Tomorrow is the last date given for me do the job, as the Swift is due for 20k km service and the service should be done by day after tomorrow(dad's order).
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 11th May 2009, 10:02 pm

The 2 channel amp is not too good.
    Ask him for another amp from JBL or similar. (Branded only)

Try the other shop too.

STADEUM

Address : No: 36, Nehru Stadium, Coimbatore - 641 018, Tamil Nadu.
    Phone : 0422 - 2303560, 2380663, 4391923
    Mobile : 98430 - 11223
    Contact person : Mr. Niyas

Its considered to be really good too.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th May 2009, 10:07 pm

They didn't have JBL. Will check Stadeum tomorrow. Is the quoted price reasonable?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th May 2024, 11:44 am