The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
abhinavgupta
satyam2936
Road Rocket
raj_5004
archit
Crazy cat
10 posters

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 2 Empty Re: Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  Crazy cat 3rd May 2009, 7:51 pm

@abhinav, why rear speakers should not be connected directly to an amp?

@napster, thank you napster. i'll check it out.
    napster
    napster

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 2 Empty Re: Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 7:55 pm

Crazy cat wrote:@abhinav, why rear speakers should not be connected directly to an amp?

@napster, thank you napster. i'll check it out.
    im annswering for the question you asked abhinav- actually for an amplifier there are 2 outs, one is front and the other rear,
    on the rear terminal you connect the sub (bridged connection)
    and hence you will be left only with the front terminals, and i dont thin its good to connect the rear speakers to the front terminals, i guess u got the point dude
    peace
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 3rd May 2009, 8:20 pm

If you sit in the front, the best soundstage which can be attained is from the front.
    If you power the rears and not the fronts, the rears would be more audible than the fronts which is not a good soundstage.
    Hence the fronts should be amped and the rears can be left out.
    If you really want equal sound from the rear, get a 2 channel amp for the rear. JBL 422 or something (3.5/4k)
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd May 2009, 8:20 pm

@Abhinav ; Why Sony isn't good? Audio System in my car is Sony Xplod and is quite nice, HU as well as rear/front speakers.

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 8:23 pm

Vibhor wrote:@Abhinav ; Why Sony isn't good? Audio System in my car is Sony Xplod and is quite nice, HU as well as rear/front speakers.

VT
    dude even i have a sony hu -cdx gt-460us and i find that to be inferior when compared to the pioneer hu's
    sony doesnt really provide much options in tuning the hu and the output, this thing applied to the amplifier too,
    i had a sony amp but i want satisfied with it, so switched to jbl 650
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd May 2009, 8:31 pm

napster wrote:
    Vibhor wrote:@Abhinav ; Why Sony isn't good? Audio System in my car is Sony Xplod and is quite nice, HU as well as rear/front speakers.

VT
    dude even i have a sony hu -cdx gt-460us and i find that to be inferior when compared to the pioneer hu's
    sony doesnt really provide much options in tuning the hu and the output, this thing applied to the amplifier too,
    hmm....
    Actually, I installed the sony Audio setup last year only, So i wonn't be changing it any sooner. I don't remember the model name of it but heres its pic -

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 2 Sony10
    Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 2 Speake10
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 8:35 pm

Vibhor wrote:
    napster wrote:

VT
    hmm....
    Actually, I installed the sony Audio setup last year only, So i wonn't be changing it any sooner. I don't remember the model name of it but heres its pic -

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 2 Sony10
    Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 2 Speake10

this is the cdx-gt370s with aux in
    by hte way which car is this??
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd May 2009, 8:37 pm

This is a Maruti 800 Dx. :)

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 8:39 pm

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] - Page 2 Dsc00110
    this is the setup n my car, got this cdx-gt460us usb series before it was launched in india, got this thing from malaysia as soon as it was launched there around 1 and a half yr ago i guess.
    hey even i drive a m800 dx
    urs is a 5spped mpfi series or the 4 speed series?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd May 2009, 8:42 pm

Hey nice system napster, I miss a USB port in mine and hey what that in your car?A GPS?cool!8O

EDIT: Mine is 5 speed MPFi

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 8:46 pm

Vibhor wrote:Hey nice system napster, I miss a USB port in mine and hey what that in your car?A GPS?cool!8O

VT
    lol no its not, most of them misunderstand but its a PSP, i use it as a video player, internet browser, music player etc
    ill put up a diy very soon about how to make psp as a video player in ur car with the audio coming from ur speakers and sub
    its quite simple
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 3rd May 2009, 8:59 pm

@ Vibhor.
    Its not bad.
    Better than many
    But when you have various options in the same range why not.
    The pioneer / kenwood range is really nice and has great HUs.
    Speakers in the VFM segment are headed by JBL. These are better than sony.
    What sony offers to you is sound.
    What others offer you is better quality sound.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd May 2009, 8:59 pm

napster wrote:
    Vibhor wrote:Hey nice system napster, I miss a USB port in mine and hey what that in your car?A GPS?cool!8O

VT
    lol no its not, most of them misunderstand but its a PSP, i use it as a video player, internet browser, music player etc
    ill put up a diy very soon about how to make psp as a video player in ur car with the audio coming from ur speakers and sub
    its quite simple
    Oh ok, and i think we are going :offtopic: So we,should now come back to Crazy cat's swift topic.

VT

EDIT: @Abhinav ; You are quite right buddy! :)
    At that time when i bought this Music system i didn't had any idea of it and and some of my relatives suggested same, Also, budget was a concern for me. :|

Last edited by Vibhor on 3rd May 2009, 9:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 9:03 pm

:agree: what abinav said is true, pioneer and alpine offer pretty good sound quality than the sony hu's\
    @vibhor: lets get back to the swift's audio
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 2:35 am

abhinavgupta wrote:If you sit in the front, the best soundstage which can be attained is from the front.
    If you power the rears and not the fronts, the rears would be more audible than the fronts which is not a good soundstage.
    If you really want equal sound from the rear, get a 2 channel amp for the rear. JBL 422 or something (3.5/4k)
    The local shop here says that ordinary speakers can't be connected to amp. Only components can be connected. And i have a normal sized speaker up front.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 8:39 am

Crazy cat wrote:
    abhinavgupta wrote:If you sit in the front, the best soundstage which can be attained is from the front.
    The local shop here says that ordinary speakers can't be connected to amp. Only components can be connected. And i have a normal sized speaker up front.

no you can, regular 3 way speakers can be connected to an amplifier dude, the thing is that components wont wore unless they are connected to the amp where as the normal speakers dont reeally need an amplifier to work
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 4th May 2009, 11:17 am

It isnt that way napster.
    Components would work even if not connected with the amplifier.

Any speakers can work with amplifiers.

How far is Kochi from your place?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 11:21 am

I have just ordinary round speakers at front in the speaker provision on the front door. Its size may be just 4 " i guess.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 4th May 2009, 11:27 am

A Swift.
    It Must be 6.5"
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 11:37 am

Ok thanks. can it be connected to an amp?
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 3:10 pm

abhinavgupta wrote:It isnt that way napster.
    Components would work even if not connected with the amplifier.

Any speakers can work with amplifiers.

How far is Kochi from your place?

i was told that components need much power to produce output and hence they need amplifier, when i went to get components fitted on my friends car they dint work with the stock hu so obv we had to install an amplifier,
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 4th May 2009, 5:03 pm

@ CC, Yes they can be connected to the amp.
    Take the speaker wires from the right and left of the fronts and power them off the front channels in the 4 channel. You will need 3 RCAs to run fronts, rears and subs.
    2 channel each.
    Normal ones should do.

@ Napster
    It is nothing such.
    The only thing is they would not perform according to their potential.
    Most components systems ( basic) demand about 60-70w rms.

However HU provides around 20w rms.

It isnt that they wont work.
    As long as they are getting power, they will.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 8:17 pm

but whats the use of installing components when we are not using its capacity completely????
    instead we can get some regular speakers on right?
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 4th May 2009, 8:33 pm

The advantage of components is tweeters and a cross over.

The tweeter gives you the desired highs( Treble ) and cross over sends different frequencies to the tweeters and different to the mid bass(or what normally people call speakers).
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 8:36 pm

this is ok but what about the output??
    you cant extract the complete juice out of it unless u connect them to an amplifier

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 15th May 2024, 11:35 am