The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
abhinavgupta
satyam2936
Road Rocket
raj_5004
archit
Crazy cat
10 posters

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] Empty Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  Crazy cat 18th December 2008, 11:10 pm

I need some help on the music system in my Swift, I think I can continue in this thread itself.
    I have Pioneer 4050 as HU. JBL GTO 937 at the rear and JBL speakers in front(don't know the model). I'm satisfied with its decent performance. But the speakers are not capable at high sounds and gives some rattle sounds during bass sounds(beats). Is there any problem in installation, or do I need change/add something?
    Thanks in advance :)
    archit
    archit

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] Empty Re: Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  archit 19th December 2008, 3:07 pm

if possible then Blauplunkt speakers are great!!
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved] Empty Re: Help on the music system in my Swift [Solved]

Post  raj_5004 23rd December 2008, 10:34 pm

@ crazycat: add a 4 channel amp and see the difference.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 27th December 2008, 11:13 pm

Thanks raj for the reply. I've put up the matter to my dad and waiting for the reply. Can you please tell me what all I can expect in sound quality after putting amp? And also can it be removed and fixed in another car easily?
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 28th December 2008, 4:48 pm

yes crazycat, the distortion happens at high sounds because the speakers are not getting enough power from the HU. add an amplifier and you will get clearer as well as louder sound.
    yes, it can be easily removed and fixed in another car.
    for amps, go for JBL or pioneer, sony is inexpensive though.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 2nd January 2009, 11:03 pm

@Crazy Cat: Buddy I think starting new thread for any quiery is better option anyways no problems.

So what about your quiery?Is it solved now?please update us.Thanks!

THREADS SPLIT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 5th January 2009, 12:28 pm

@Road rocket, I'm planning to fit amp in my car as suggested by raj and waiting for my dad's approval.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th January 2009, 8:43 pm

@raj, can you please tell me more about amp? like whether to go for 2 or 4 channel amp? I feel 4-channel amp too expensive. Carwale site mentions that 4-channel JBL amp is Rs. 7990.

The sound from front speakers is almost not audible. The rear speakers dominate front one, in spite of keeping fader a bit more front speakers. Can this be solved if I had a 4 channel amp?
    satyam2936
    satyam2936

Post  satyam2936 28th February 2009, 10:59 pm

what personally i would prefer is to go for JBL, Alpine, Pioneer thats the most available in INDIA...Sony is good for the Faceplate but the subs and amp are the crap, i have new Sony subs and amp and is not better than my previous music systems. even when i went for the installation, the guy told me to use the old ones, they are better pounding than these new ones.
    for your car system, i would suggest a 2 channel amp for the speakers as u have 2 speaker outs and a monoblock class D or AB amp for the sub. for selecting the amp just go for the RMS value of amp that it can support~!
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th March 2009, 2:11 pm

@satyam, thanks for your reply. I've changed my mind a bit. I'm not going for amp. Only if my dad agrees for Sub, i'll go for Amp and Sub woofer.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 11th March 2009, 1:08 pm

Crazy cat wrote:@raj, can you please tell me more about amp? like whether to go for 2 or 4 channel amp? I feel 4-channel amp too expensive. Carwale site mentions that 4-channel JBL amp is Rs. 7990.

The sound from front speakers is almost not audible. The rear speakers dominate front one, in spite of keeping fader a bit more front speakers. Can this be solved if I had a 4 channel amp?

hi CC, yes if you go for a 4 ch amp, this problem of yours will be solved. 2 ch amp will give more power to the rear & so the front speakers will not be audible.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th March 2009, 7:49 pm

But at the shop here, they said that the front speakers cannot be attached to the amp(only components can be done). He asked me to go for 2 ch amp. But what i actually thought is, in future in case if i decide to buy a sub-woofer, then i have to buy a new amp(or remove the rear speakers from Amp.). So now i decided that only if i'm buying a sub-woofer, i'm going to buy amp, else no.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 2nd April 2009, 7:10 pm

I'll suggest you the folliwing.
    Get the fronts changed to components.

JBL 608c.
    Available for close to 4000 without bill and warranty
    and add a 4 channel amp
    Options are Blaupunkt GT4 MKII - around 6-7k
    Kenwood 8404 - 9k with b/w
    JBL 1004 - Excellent 4 channel amp - 10k without bill and warranty

You will get to know a great difference in the sound quality

The highs , the mids everything will be clear.
    Add a sub if you want JBL has many in the sub 4k range

Power the fronts and the subs with the 4 channel and let the rears from the HU.

It will make a great difference from your current setup.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 5th April 2009, 11:46 pm

Thanks a lot abhinav. Will definitely consider this but getting approval from my Dad is quite difficult, he'll simply say waste of money and current setup is good to hear. But i'll try my level best on this. :)
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 6th April 2009, 12:24 am

@ Crazy Cat.
    The 1st basic thing on an ICE install is your need.
    If you sit in the front always, its better not to have rears or keep them off until there is someone at the back.
    This is to maintain proper soundstage.

How would you like if there is a movie playing in front of you while the sound is coming from the back and you turn your head to listen the proper position from where the sound is coming.

In the same way a self driven car always demands better fronts than rears.

There is another suggestion which you can follow.

Get a good 2 channel amp (JBL has a few i guess)
    Get front compos.
    Power the fronts from your Amp
    Power the rears from the HU.

If you want to add a sub later, you can go for another 2 channel or a monoblock later to power the sub.
    It will not be an expensive investment too.
    For 2 channel amps, give me a day or two so that i may find a good 2 channel amp if you are intersted in following this configuration.

Also use good quality Wires as they are as important as your ICE.
    Cheers
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 6th April 2009, 11:01 am

It is quite clear from your that having components up front is the very important thing in a car to have a good sound quality. I got that point clearly.
    What about wiring? Is there any particular brand that i should go?
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 6th April 2009, 11:22 am

There aint a particular brand you should go to.
    Just check the originality of the wire.

You might go for kicker , illusion , ground zero and many more.
    Will update prices of the cables by today evening.
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 6th April 2009, 9:44 pm

Wiring is by far the most important in an ICE install, I dont know about others, But i really like Kicker Wiring and Connection Audsion. Infact the best wiring I have come across is by connection Audison.

The Power Cable going in my car is 0 Gauge Kicker, RCA is Connection audison BEST Series and Speaker Wires is Connection again. You know one phase of the install now abhinav ;)
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 6th April 2009, 9:55 pm

Even ground zero makes excellent wiring.
    Sommer RCA with neutric connections are very good in the business.
    Finolex Power cable do their job brilliantly. And illusion speaker cables are one of the best VFM speaker cables.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 2nd May 2009, 8:00 pm

Guys i'm quite confident that i'm going for a sub or any other upgrade. All i need is to listen to some distortion free music. I currently have Pioneer 4050 as HU. JBL GTO 937 at the rear and JBL speakers in front(don't know the model). I know components improve sound, but i don't want to go for it, may be in a new car i'll go for it. I guess adding sub is a good option. Can someone suggest me a good amp and sub combination? I can spend around 8k on this, i guess the budget is on the lower side. Please suggest me within this budget.
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 2nd May 2009, 8:11 pm

For 8k, You can't do the mono route.
    Also as your speakers are not powered of anything.
    I'd suggest you the following

Get a 4 channel amp, a JBL sub(1205 or something)

JBL sub should be around 3.5k
    You can get a Blaupunkt GT4MK2 for around 4.5k
    Around 1k can do in for wiring etc.

Power the fronts of 2 channels of the amp and bridge the remaining 2 channels and power the sub.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 3rd May 2009, 10:29 am

abhinavgupta wrote:Power the fronts of 2 channels of the amp and
    I couldn't get the this point.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 3:41 pm

hey crazy cat,
    u get a jbl 4channel amp
    gt5 A604 for around 5300
    and a jbl1000watt sub for 3200 here in hyderabad
    both sum arnd 8500
    as i heard from the distributor of jbl in hyderabad, the 800 watt amplifier has the same board and out put as the jbl A640, wht he said was that its jus a trick being played by the retailers to make some quick money
    the dealer was a friend of my friend and he revealed this to me recently. so dont go for that
    instead try the gt5 A640 4channel amp
    i have this in my car and the performance is pretty good

and yeah forgot to tell you, dont ever go for a sony amplifier, it doesnt give u much choice in tuning the amp, it is pre tuned and whether u like it or not you have to stick to it. i used a sony 350watt amp before and now i upgraded it t o jbl 640. i dont find any -ve's in my sony 1000watt sub till date thou and its nt as expensive as the other brands
    recently a retailer coted 2700 for a 1000watt sony sub, so if u go for a jbl 640 amp and a sony 1000 sub ,it'll be done in ur budget... :winkthumb:

MOD NOTE : Posts Merged

Last edited by abhinavgupta on 3rd May 2009, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Posts Merged)
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 3rd May 2009, 4:49 pm

I would not advice you a Sony product for the car anyday.
    Sony should restrict manufacturing home related products.
    They can never do well in the Car Market.

Crazy cat wrote:
    abhinavgupta wrote:Power the fronts of 2 channels of the amp and
    I couldn't get the this point.

What i meant was, power the fronts via 2 channels of the 4 channel amp. One channel for the left, one for the right.

Let the Rears be used off the HU. ( As in put the speaker cable from speaker to Rears rather than powering them off an amp.

You can use the remaining 2 channels of the 4 channel amp in bridged mode ( as in make them into a single channel) and run the subwoofer off it.

I'd say JBL Sub is anyday better than the Sony one.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 5:04 pm

i agree abhinav, jbl is far better than the sony and thanks for merging my posts
    thank u

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th April 2024, 6:57 pm