The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
abhinavgupta
Akash
autodude sparsh
dcargod
Road Rocket
fihast
coolboy007
napster
zinam
raj_5004
im_hummer_freak
thackervijay
Vibhor
archit
Crazy cat
anjan
20 posters

Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents

napster
    napster

Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 Empty Re: Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents

Post  napster 25th June 2009, 10:17 pm

this guy was racing and he lost control over it and slammed to the divider and the car took a couple of spins and it ended like this..it happened late in the night, some where around 2midnight
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 Empty Re: Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents

Post  Crazy cat 26th June 2009, 10:02 am

Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 23_06_10

This is one of the worst accident i've ever seen, involving 4 vehicles, taking out 12 people's lives and leaving 4 couple's kids alone with their parents dead. It took place in NH 67, where the Traveller, Indigo and Santro were heading towards Palladam. This Ashok Leyland truck was heading to Coimbatore. People at the spot say that the traveller was overtaking some vehicle and didn't pull to left after completing overtaking and was staying on the wrong side of the road. Then it hit the truck, making the truck driver lose control and hit the Indigo badly killing 10 from traveller and 2 from Indigo. The Santro wasn't directly involved, so it escaped with some minor damage.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 26th June 2009, 10:39 am

Oh!This is real bad accident!Really very sad Shocked

RoadRocket
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 26th June 2009, 11:37 am

affraid holly **** man thats really bad scene CC, very bad.
    Ram phew what a sight to see the end of racing could be like this too.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 26th June 2009, 10:30 pm

this was in paper yesterday, it happened at 3am when 3couple not even one from hyderabad were drunk and were driving at highspeeds, they hit a strret light pole in front of audi hyderabad showrrom and the car turned upside down, the couple in the extreme last seat were dead on spot, the rest are in critical condition
    couldnt click a clear pic because this was parked in front of the police station and cops were all over the place..ill try getting it next time
    Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 Dsc02110
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 27th June 2009, 12:43 pm

it seems innova which was hit that hard, bad scene and example of drunk and drive. affraid
    abhinav.nallamani

Post  abhinav.nallamani 28th June 2009, 1:51 am

real bad hit ..!! must hav hit at high speeds
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 16th July 2009, 5:23 pm

Was the car's colour black or it happened because it catched fire?

RoadRocket
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 16th July 2009, 6:29 pm

it is black, all were drunk
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 23rd July 2009, 2:50 pm

this happened wiht my friend, he was driving in the night and something hit the car underneath the body and the air bags released, he couldnt get hold of the steering and then the car went in its own direction and slammed the foot path , damage was not much but the alloy broke, airbags came out and a torn tire
    Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 Dsc02213
    Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 Dsc02214
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 24th July 2009, 2:07 am

i recall even dcargod's swift having a similar accident.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 24th July 2009, 9:11 am

Damage not much? I heard a single airbag costs 1lakh rupees with Skoda. Tyre, Alloy, body repair should bring the cost close to 2 lakh rupees.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 24th July 2009, 10:25 am

Crazy cat wrote:Damage not much? I heard a single airbag costs 1lakh rupees with Skoda. Tyre, Alloy, body repair should bring the cost close to 2 lakh rupees.
    i mean the visible damage isnt much but the actual repairing cost is a BOMB!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th July 2009, 1:07 pm

thats actual of skoda, no doubt in their build or any offence to owners but when it takes to repairing its always BOMB expensive.
    Aviral Tyagi
    Aviral Tyagi

Post  Aviral Tyagi 24th July 2009, 6:05 pm

Vibhor wrote:This thread is about the cars involved in accidents but I'm posting a pic of truck here which I spotted on the higway while going to silvassa other than this, I also spotted a badly damaged truck on the route to IGI Airport, Its rear axle was fully out, No pic of it.
    Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 Shirdi10
    Guys, the trailer belongs to this truck only.
    This truck is Volvo FH12 Globtrotter, the Semi cab is like this only i have seen many of these here in Muscat and back home in india.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 25th July 2009, 11:24 am

napster wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:Damage not much? I heard a single airbag costs 1lakh rupees with Skoda. Tyre, Alloy, body repair should bring the cost close to 2 lakh rupees.
    i mean the visible damage isnt much but the actual repairing cost is a BOMB!
    thackervijay wrote:thats actual of skoda, no doubt in their build or any offence to owners but when it takes to repairing its always BOMB expensive.
    Yeah right. Very well said. Skoda costs a bomb in everything.

Aviral Tyagi wrote:
    Vibhor wrote:This thread is about the cars involved in accidents but I'm posting a pic of truck here which I spotted on the higway while going to silvassa other than this, I also spotted a badly damaged truck on the route to IGI Airport, Its rear axle was fully out, No pic of it.
    Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 Shirdi10
    Guys, the trailer belongs to this truck only.
    This truck is Volvo FH12 Globtrotter, the Semi cab is like this only i have seen many of these here in Muscat and back home in india.
    Are you sure? because volvos in India are painted red and this color looks like a Tata or leyland
    Aviral Tyagi
    Aviral Tyagi

Post  Aviral Tyagi 25th July 2009, 5:54 pm

Yes CC i am 100% sure this is a volvo, this is a new model of the original FH12
    Check out its wheel rim, does it looks like a Tata or a Leyland.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 26th July 2009, 8:03 am

Ok, but it doesn't seem like the trailer belongs to it.
    Aviral Tyagi
    Aviral Tyagi

Post  Aviral Tyagi 26th July 2009, 11:44 am

Trailer belong to that only bro, trust me.
    Innocent
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 26th July 2009, 10:37 pm

im_hummer_freak wrote:i recall even dcargod's swift having a similar accident.

Yup, even my accident was quite similar in nature. Thats why I feel that the programming of the airbags should be done a little more sophisticatedly. As far as the Octavia is concerned, his repair costs will go upto about 3 lakh rupees and it will be a couple of months for him to get his car back. He should ask for a loaner's vehicle immediately.

Airbags should be programmed to deploy only when something hits the front bumper real hard, say, at about 80+ km/hr.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 27th July 2009, 12:49 am

dcargod wrote:
    im_hummer_freak wrote:i recall even dcargod's swift having a similar accident.

Yup, even my accident was quite similar in nature. Thats why I feel that the programming of the airbags should be done a little more sophisticatedly. As far as the Octavia is concerned, his repair costs will go upto about 3 lakh rupees and it will be a couple of months for him to get his car back. He should ask for a loaner's vehicle immediately.

Airbags should be programmed to deploy only when something hits the front bumper real hard, say, at about 80+ km/hr.
    so should the passengers be allowed to die on low speed accidents? i completely disagree with such idea.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 27th July 2009, 7:59 am

I doubt that bharat, not all accidents require airbags. Actually it should deploy on frontal impact only, not for hitting on sides of the road.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 27th July 2009, 12:27 pm

Crazy cat wrote:I doubt that bharat, not all accidents require airbags. Actually it should deploy on frontal impact only, not for hitting on sides of the road.
    as far as i know the front airbags deploy on 'frontal impact only'. and i never said all accidents require airbags. i was told by DC that his car had gone out of control after hitting the large stone. i think in such circumstances airbags are good.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 28th July 2009, 12:21 pm

usually its the impact of the hit that decides either to deploy airbags or not, sometimes we do feel that airbags were not necessary to deploy but the impact in which manner car was hit makes it burst.Thats how airbags are designed.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 1st August 2009, 9:37 am

Now, Nothing could be worse than this : BMW Burned into Ashes within few Minutes.
    Our Ahmedabad members might be knowing this.........

Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 02-1
    Pictures of Cars Involved in Accidents - Page 11 02-3

RoadRocket

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th May 2024, 4:18 pm