The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
vaibhavraj
napster
AnushaGT500
fihast
raj_5004
P3T3R
Vibhor
smokin
thackervijay
Road Rocket
abhi_qpotsiavs
dcargod
im_hummer_freak
Crazy cat
18 posters

Honda Jazz TAI test drive report

thackervijay
    thackervijay

Honda Jazz TAI test drive report - Page 3 Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI test drive report

Post  thackervijay 16th June 2009, 3:31 pm

the chatbox would be easy to chat there instead of creating more reply's over here
    its on the bottom of the main page where you just needs to log in
    napster
    napster

Honda Jazz TAI test drive report - Page 3 Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI test drive report

Post  napster 16th June 2009, 3:39 pm

welcome onboard anusha, congrats !
    keep us updated on the jazz , i checkedout jazz today at noon, no matter what people say i would shout and say its worth every penny we pay for it, the built quality is verygood and the ride quality is amazing :drive2:
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 16th June 2009, 3:42 pm

napster wrote:welcome onboard anusha, congrats !
    keep us updated on the jazz , i checkedout jazz today at noon, no matter what people say i would shout and say its worth every penny we pay for it, the built quality is verygood and the ride quality is amazing :drive2:
    this is what is happening. everyone keeps saying its costly, its costly. but after seeing it you know what honda is talking about when its quoting that price. you just need to see it once in flesh to change your mind. hehe.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 16th June 2009, 3:43 pm

hey did you Td jazz, how about your review on that, how was your overall exp do share it mate.

POST 2:
    yeah this is something you surely would want to see parked inside your parking and being behind those wheels.

Mod Note: Please avoid back-to-back posts. Thanks.

Last edited by raj_5004 on 16th June 2009, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : back to back posts)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 16th June 2009, 5:34 pm

i was sticking to my words from the very the time i started posting about jazz, i was always sayin its worth the price
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 16th June 2009, 5:40 pm

napster wrote:i was sticking to my words from the very the time i started posting about jazz, i was always sayin its worth the price
    i know bro. i just mentioned it generally.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 16th June 2009, 5:45 pm

i dint drive it dude, my cousin wanted to take it so i took her to the showroom and gave her a test drive, i was just observing its interiors quality, ride quality and stuff, i loved it a lot.. ill TD it soon vijay

@anusha: nice to see some one from hyderabad other than me in TAI :D
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 16th June 2009, 7:25 pm

AnushaGTO500, A very warm welcome to you in The Automotive India Forums, Have a pleasant stay here, Please read the Rules & Regulations of the forum in Announcement Section, So that you can enjoy this community at its best.
    Also, Post up your introduction in Introductions section if you wish you, Now coming back to Jazz topic, Congratulations to you on the booking of your Jazz, As others said, Do keep us updated on your buy and start a new ownership thread in this section.Welcome again!
    Enjoy.

VT
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 17th June 2009, 9:41 am

Hey folks I went to the Honda showroom to check out the Jazz. There was a Jazz Active on display and it was just looking awesome with that body kit. I opened the door and wow, what quality inside. This car can easily rival the Fabia in terms of interior quality. I sat inside, on the driver's seat and I felt like sitting in a much larger car. The salesman also told me that the interior space is similar to the Honda City. I prodded around with the interior switches, cup holders, dash storage compartments and nothing felt low rent.

I shifted to the rear seats and was surprised to see that the seats weren't themselves that comfy. Under-thigh support was lacking, though you sit pretty high up and it feels comfy overall. Headroom was decent too. But it is the sense of space and visibility I got, that amazed me to no end. I kept scratching my head on the fact that why do not other car makers come up with such brilliant designs. I also spent a lot of time playing around with the rear seats and was enjoying folding them as it is so easy to do. A unique feature is that, under the rear seats, which come to the top when the seats are folded, there is a small compartment to store your knick-knacks. Ingenious indeed.

It would have been much better if some features like rear parcel tray, alloy wheels, etc would have been provided. The rear parcel tray, though, would have been difficult to fit behind split seats, so Honda might have avoided it.

P.S. When I came out from the showroom, I saw one Jazz, which had been already delivered, had already come to get its first body wash. Couldn't drive the Jazz though as there was no demo vehicle in the showroom, and ended up driving the City. :D
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 17th June 2009, 10:59 am

dcargod wrote:Hey folks I went to the Honda showroom to check out the Jazz. There was a Jazz Active on display and it was just looking awesome with that body kit. I opened the door and wow, what quality inside. This car can easily rival the Fabia in terms of interior quality. I sat inside, on the driver's seat and I felt like sitting in a much larger car. The salesman also told me that the interior space is similar to the Honda City. I prodded around with the interior switches, cup holders, dash storage compartments and nothing felt low rent.

I shifted to the rear seats and was surprised to see that the seats weren't themselves that comfy. Under-thigh support was lacking, though you sit pretty high up and it feels comfy overall. Headroom was decent too. But it is the sense of space and visibility I got, that amazed me to no end. I kept scratching my head on the fact that why do not other car makers come up with such brilliant designs. I also spent a lot of time playing around with the rear seats and was enjoying folding them as it is so easy to do. A unique feature is that, under the rear seats, which come to the top when the seats are folded, there is a small compartment to store your knick-knacks. Ingenious indeed.

It would have been much better if some features like rear parcel tray, alloy wheels, etc would have been provided. The rear parcel tray, though, would have been difficult to fit behind split seats, so Honda might have avoided it.

P.S. When I came out from the showroom, I saw one Jazz, which had been already delivered, had already come to get its first body wash. Couldn't drive the Jazz though as there was no demo vehicle in the showroom, and ended up driving the City. :D

yeah DC, thats what you feel getting inside the jazz, space and space all around the car, plastics are good too, nothing to feel cheap about it, it lacks alloys which should come in that price tag, underthigh support does lack on rear bench as i shared in my report but nothing to greater extent, the major thing jazz would do in market seems to be changing the mindset of people to spend on hatchbacks too with the price tag of sedan.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 17th June 2009, 6:53 pm

Honda Jazz Arrives in Kochi
    Honda Siel Cars India rolled out the Honda Jazz in Kochi on Monday. The car comes with safety features such as ABS (Anti-Lock Braking System) with EBD (Electronic Brake Force Distribution System), Dual SRS airbags and pre-tensioner seat belts. Speaking on the occasion, Mr Jnaneswar Sen, Vice-President (Marketing), said that Honda Jazz is loaded with all the values associated with Honda - global design, drivability, fuel efficiency and safety. The Jazz will cater to people who want the latest with the best of technology, safety and practicality in their car, he said.

(Source: cybersteering)
    vaibhavraj
    vaibhavraj

Post  vaibhavraj 18th June 2009, 10:56 am

Hii, the car is really good, typical honda !! but dosen\'t look good value for money to me really top model will cost over 8.69 lacs on road.... is it worth ??

Last edited by Vibhor on 18th June 2009, 11:23 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : HTML Tags & font corrected.)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 18th June 2009, 10:58 am

vaibhavraj wrote:Hiiii .... the car is really good , typical honda !! but dosen't look good value for money to me... really.. top model will cost over 9.5 lacs on road.... is it worth ???

no vaibhav, top end jazz would cost 8.6/- on road, check out my TD report where on road prices for all models are mentioned.
    vaibhavraj
    vaibhavraj

Post  vaibhavraj 18th June 2009, 11:02 am

@ thackervijay .... ya i have done the correction but still is it worth that price tag , altough i have not seen the car yet.... what do u think ?
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 18th June 2009, 11:05 am

vaibhavraj wrote:@ thackervijay .... ya i have done the correction but still is it worth that price tag , altough i have not seen the car yet.... what do u think ?
    it is totally worth it. you get what you are paying for.

P.S. please avoid using artistic fonts and colours to make it easy for everyone to read.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 18th June 2009, 11:10 am

vaibhavraj wrote:@ thackervijay .... ya i have done the correction but still is it worth that price tag , altough i have not seen the car yet.... what do u think ?

are you looking to buy one, if yes and thats your budget, yes its worth going for it, all said are true that no alloys, no ACC, even fog lamps gets on just high end model, but have a look at that car, if the priority is for main city running and dont want to buy a sedan, jazz is to go for, suits the bill perfectly and ample of space on all corners of the car,ABS front dual airbags are standard.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Post  Vlad 22nd June 2009, 12:29 am

Besides test driving the Grande Punto today, also had a go at the Jazz, which I drove before than the Grande Punto purposely to see what all the fuss was about. Since i was being pestered by the Honda Sales rep constantly last week to visit their showroom & avail of the 'Carnival' offer held this weekend for Jazz, i decided to do so today. Firstly, let me say that i was impressed by the layout & design of the Showroom, which i felt was really good. As you enter, you are straight away entering the Office Area of the workshop which is convenient for customers when they arrive to get their vehicles serviced. Continuing from this area i came across the glass lift which lead me to the 1st & 2nd floors of the glass paneled building directly to the showroom & vehicle display areas, where i was met by 'Blazered' sales rep who took me around the vehicle & explained / demonstrated all the features accurately & satisfactorily. On being asked by another customer about certain features, immediatly another 'Blazered' sales rep lead him to another displayed vehicle & answered his queries then. I found this a very good thing since i had the undivided attention of the sales rep to answer only to me! Wish such was the case with all showrooms/dealers. So far i was impressed with the vehicle as well, which i found to be like a shrunken 'MPV'. Now comes the shocker - Honda is basically selling only 1 model of the jazz which has all features that Honda deemed were required & fit to justify their asking price. As for the so called different models - here is what the real picture is:
    Jazz Standard : Basic car
    Jazz Mode: Basic Car + Body Side Moulding + Bumper Corner Protectors + Mud Flaps
    Jazz Active : Same as Jazz Mode + Sports Pedals + Tail GAte Spoiler + 'Floating' Front Grill & Fog Lamps + Door Sills Garnish (Illuminated) @ Front & ( Non Illuminated) @ Rear + Silver Finish on Instrument Panels & A/C Vents Rings.
    Add 30 grand for Jazz Mode & 35 grand for Jazz Active over & above the price of the Standard Jazz.
    I found this really bizarre that Honda is also ready to sell all the above noted accessories separately if your not interested in going for all that they offer on Mode & Active models. It makes more sense to buy them separately than pay the company a hefty premium Jump
    So basically Jazz is only available in a single version mechanically with the company throwing in things like mud flaps, different radiator grille & other accessories to make different models outta one basic car. I find this funny & idiotic as well. Why not offer 'Alloys' as option too?
    Luckily Carpet Floor Mats are provided as standard fitment Cool

Coming to the Test Drive part. Was offered a 'Sherbet Blue' coloured Jazz to drive & off we went at a snails pace(more on that explained below). Found the ample & unobstructed panoramic view from the drivers seat to be very refreshing with a spread out dashboard & slightly smallish steering wheel with a really short & direct gear stick with golf ball gear knob. Changing gears really was very direct & fun. I found the small gear knob very odd, funny & out of place.Steering is very light with no feeling which i personally did not like at all. The performance of the engine also was a big let down what with me having to really rev the engine to her redline in each gear to make some progress, which was hampered even further with the load of the AC. I barely managed to do 120 & it felt like it was already out of breadth. Suspension was quite hard & i felt all the undulations of the road. The AC performance was also nothing much to rave about, the cabin was just about cooled. All in all, i felt that i would be making a fool of myself by buying this vehicle! What i find more interesting is that at this price, the Jazz will surely eat into its siblings (Honda City) sales, the price being 1.5 lacs less than the city. All in all, i was not so impressed by this vehicle. The only redeeming feature of this vehicle will be the interior space offered & the 'magical' rear seats. Maybe i got more impressed by the showroom than the car itself Laughing
    abhi_qpotsiavs
    abhi_qpotsiavs

Post  abhi_qpotsiavs 22nd June 2009, 9:21 am

@Vlad: Good one. Are you planning to buy a hatch?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd June 2009, 9:52 am

Is there any plans for new engines in the future?
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 22nd June 2009, 10:04 am

Crazy cat wrote:Is there any plans for new engines in the future?
    i guess the city's 1.5 is expected by next year.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 22nd June 2009, 11:37 am

i guess everything would depend on how jazz does in market, and then company might introduce A/t version and then new engine, means bigger engine say 1.5.
    Vlad
    Vlad

Post  Vlad 22nd June 2009, 4:02 pm

Lol, no abhijit, just wanted to see really what the fuss was all about. Wink Looks wise the GP did excite me a lot though & would suggest anyone to go for it.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 22nd June 2009, 5:45 pm

Good one Vlad. Even I liked the acres of space and 'magical' seats, but yet to drive it. Is it that bad though?

@others, Honda will be giving Jazz the 1.5lt City engine by the middle of next year, may be in a detuned state. Waiting on till then. Cool
    abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Post  abhinavgupta 22nd June 2009, 6:35 pm

What advantage would it be.
    It will be more expensive than the jazz at the moment and also this would mean that the price would just be a tad lesser than the current city.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 22nd June 2009, 7:51 pm

I think what might happen is there might be a price reduction of the current jazz. and the new jazz would be priced accordingly then.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 4:54 am