The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
vaibhavraj
napster
AnushaGT500
fihast
raj_5004
P3T3R
Vibhor
smokin
thackervijay
Road Rocket
abhi_qpotsiavs
dcargod
im_hummer_freak
Crazy cat
18 posters

Honda Jazz TAI test drive report

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Honda Jazz TAI test drive report Empty Re: Honda Jazz TAI test drive report

Post  Crazy cat 13th June 2009, 2:18 pm

The pictures are not visible.
    Well written review Vijay clap . Poor low end power should be a problem in city and light steering should be a problem in a highway. Jazz looks better than many hatchbacks, looks like a mini- Innova, as said by others.

Last edited by Crazy cat on 14th June 2009, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 13th June 2009, 3:20 pm

well, i was sitting at the back as i'm yet to get my proper license. space is great even for tall people like vijay and me. i sat on all corners of the rear seat.while sitting at the sides the comfort is good the armrest in the door handle is perfectly located.although the center of the rear bench has a slight elevation which wouldnt be very comfortable for long journeys for an adult. sitting back i felt i was sitting in a high end sedan. the seat are well bolstered. the under thigh support could be improved with good seat covers. the ride is smooth at the back. NVH are at the lowest in this car. inuslation is good.
    although vijay was driving. i could feel the power of the engine above 3000rpm. the car felt very well planted on the road. engine is super silent at idle.
    my verdict: the car seems to be a fun to drive and fun to own car. its street presence is good. price seems a bit higher now. i think 7.8 or 7.9 max onroad would be a better price for this car. i suppose there might be cash discounts after the GP steps into the market. although as even vijay said this car would eat the sales of fabia. although its pricier than fabia but the potential fabia buyers shouldnt mind spending a little more. rest the honda city will still sell. although i feel jazz is a better package than the city.

P.S. whats wrong with the pics?
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 13th June 2009, 3:39 pm

Thats a very nice review Hummer and vj. All details well taken care of. But I feel that the price is too high for a hatchback, even if it competes directly with the Fabia. Poor low end grunt will be a problem in the city and revving it constantly will hit the economy hard. The over-assisted steering too is a trademark Honda glitch which will definetly effect high speed confidence and sudden slalom moves might be hair raising. Bit it always was a car meant for the city and I think it delivers pretty well on that front. If only the prices could drop.
    abhi_qpotsiavs
    abhi_qpotsiavs

Post  abhi_qpotsiavs 14th June 2009, 10:12 am

Now a days, market has evolved a lot. Gone are the days, when all cars under 4 lakhs were defined as small cars. Buyer has become more mature and practical. Check this one: "I want a car which provides me all the features, comfort and luxuries of a Sedan. I travel 70 kms daily (From Nerul, Navi Mumbai to Jogeshwari and back). Being used to Santro, I feel small cars are best suited for city driving. I want a slightly bigger car but not a sedan. I don't mind paying the price of a sedan though.My dad uses a City and I am in love with the Honda so I want something like that." This was my frnd's requirement 6 months back. I asked him to wait for upcoming Jazz. I am sure many people have this requirement for a car to be used in city. I am sure Honda is not looking for Samll car volumes with Jazz. But still Jazz will sell in decent numbers and Honda has to be content with that. Honda being Honda has studied the Indian market well and has priced the Jazz what it feels is right.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 14th June 2009, 2:23 pm

Amazing TD Report folks!
    Waiting for the pictures.
    Cheers. :cheers:
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 14th June 2009, 3:19 pm

vibhor is working on pictures so wait till he gets it done.Thanks CC,RR DCG and Abhi.
    smokin
    smokin

Post  smokin 14th June 2009, 4:13 pm

here are the pics clicked it while driving

Honda Jazz TAI test drive report 13062010
    Honda Jazz TAI test drive report 13062011
    Honda Jazz TAI test drive report 13062012
    Honda Jazz TAI test drive report 13062013
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 14th June 2009, 4:16 pm

Hi Smokin,
    Due to some ec. error in our uploading service, Your pics aren't visible,So kindly repost them by uploading them from - www.imageshack.us.

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 14th June 2009, 4:35 pm

thanks for uploading the pictures vibhor.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 14th June 2009, 4:36 pm

Pictures Added.

EDIT: You're Welcome Vijay.

VT
    P3T3R
    P3T3R

Post  P3T3R 14th June 2009, 5:18 pm

Nice Car but overpriced. I don't think people will want to pay so much. Look at the Fabia sales.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 14th June 2009, 5:21 pm

lol, for that price i can buy a base optra/linea or top end verna!
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 14th June 2009, 6:26 pm

raj_5004 wrote:lol, for that price i can buy a base optra/linea or top end verna!

At this price, you can also get the top of the line Linea, SX4, etc.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 14th June 2009, 6:39 pm

yes the final price is quite high. but why have you posted such small pics vibs?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 14th June 2009, 9:43 pm

Nice pics vijay :kewlpic: .

For the price higher than SX4 ZXi, let us see how many takers are there for Jazz.
    fihast
    fihast

Post  fihast 16th June 2009, 7:46 am

prices are really high, why does honda charge so much?.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 16th June 2009, 10:10 am

well they believe honda is not in the run for maximum market share cause what sales executive shared with me that its the most premium hatchback from honda with almost all features never available or say got all features you get in expensive cars, so guys this is what they say the reason honda jazz is soo expensive.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 16th June 2009, 11:36 am

thackervijay wrote:w with almost all features never available or say got all features you get in expensive cars, so guys this is what they say the reason honda jazz is soo expensive.
    No alloy wheels(Swift, i20, etc..), no ACC(Swift), Only 2 airbags(i20 has 6), no sunroof(i10), etc..thse are found in cars cheaper than jazz.

Last edited by Crazy cat on 16th June 2009, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 16th June 2009, 11:41 am

yeah CC thats what even i feel, Jazz upgoes only on its silent engine and loads of space inside, features i guess i20 scores over jazz which is more of a complete package with superb pricing.
    AnushaGT500
    AnushaGT500

Post  AnushaGT500 16th June 2009, 12:49 pm

Guys Hi, Anusha here.

Well First of all I test drove both the Hyundai i20 and the Honda Jazz.
    I was planning to Buy a Swift diesel but then when Honda released jazz i really wanted to check it out. Cause am a hardcore fan of Japanese and german cars. And a petrol head
    I checked a lot of car forums and asked many people about the car. everybody were comparing it with the i20. Guys come on!! Its hyundai and honda. U dont get the quality in the hyundai cars.
    I'l get back to this topic later. Let me tell about my Drive. First i went to the hyundai showroom. I was really scared that this car might be better than the jazz. Looks are killer, ofcourse its a copy of the alfa romeo. Steering wheel plastic quality bad. and its an almost exact copy of the jazz steering wheel. Coming to the features. did u guys check out the quality of metal used for the alloys? I really loved the features in the car. But for the six airbags you need to pay around 75k more. I took the drive and din't find much pick up at the beginning but when you reach the mid range, your in the 3rd gear. You can feel the power. Again guys i20 as a individual car Rocks. But please dont compare it with the jazz. Hyundai cars are great for people who buy their first cars. And thus the price what the hyundai people offer is for those people. Its a starters car. People who have crossed this stage would go for it Despite the fact that the Price of jazz is too high.

Coming to the Jazz

The car isn't a copy of anything. Its just a better refined version of the old jazz with better specs and features.

Look is mindblowing. You look at the car u see quality and perfection. The deisgn is awesome. Space is too good to be true. Me being 5'11 Could sit very comfortably at the rear seat even when the drivers sit was completely back. The dashboard is well designed. The Tacho is amazing. Those orange Dials made me fall in love with it. It has 4 speakers, and the music system is really good. I liked it better than the system what Skoda VRS provides. Features are awesome. But when i looked at the car i felt quality doesnt matter right now cause the price too high! but when i took the drive. I just made my mind that i am gonna buy it. I went beyond my budget and made my family fall in love with it too ( which most of the guys know here is pretty difficult)
    Am glad i had a Chance to really rip the car. In traffic the steering is very light. So i found it quiet good for the Hyd traffic. The car is great after 3500rpm. I took the car to outer ring road. Its atleast 2kms of straight road. I was able to touch 125kmph in 3rd gear and the car was still zooming but i changed gear at 6000rpm. Am sure you can touch it all the way to 7000rpm. Its got that power. For a small 1.2L engine i found the car pretty good. And Honda yet again as done a perfect job of perfection. After driving the car and trust me i did both mileage driving and ripping. I really feel that the car is worth every penny what its been priced. I dont know about others but i fell in love with it. And am getting the delivery on my Birthday. :)
    AnushaGT500
    AnushaGT500

Post  AnushaGT500 16th June 2009, 12:54 pm

The wheel caps of the Jazz looks better than the swifts and i20's Alloy wheels. even the wiper blades it kickass. Its actually rubber. Its ultra cool.

I actually thought if i pushed my budget to 800k why dont i go for the fiat linea. Its a looker but under the hood i really dint like it and it feels heavy.
    abhi_qpotsiavs
    abhi_qpotsiavs

Post  abhi_qpotsiavs 16th June 2009, 1:12 pm

@ Anusha: The wipers on Jazz or for that matter all Honda/ Skoda/ VW/ Audi/ BMW/ Merc are Bosch ones. And their performance is in totally different league compared to normal ones.

And congrats for ur Jazz. Keep us upated.
    AnushaGT500
    AnushaGT500

Post  AnushaGT500 16th June 2009, 1:23 pm

Well i wanted to mention the wipers cause people are shouting out loud that its not worth paying 800k for that car. Well if its got parts thats so good obviously the price would be high.

Thank you. I'l surely keep you guys updated. Am buying the Jazz active. If i cant but the civic at least let me have the joy of having its grill :D And hopefully if i become super rich and the roads in india improves i'd get a mugen kit for my baby :car2: hehehehehe :p
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 16th June 2009, 1:24 pm

firstly welcome to TAI anusha. hope you enjoy your stay here. and congrats for your new jazz. do start a new thread with details of ownership experience of jazz.

i agree on what you said. i20 and jazz dont belong to the same segment. the quality in jazz is miles ahead. the refinement and total packaging of the product is better than even honda city. so even i always felt since the day i first saw the car that it justifies its price tag. plus with ASS and resale value of a honda. its a perfect car if you got the money. here i would also like to give example of how not only feature list on paper is important. like if you compare two same priced phones, one say nokia and the other say chinese. although the chinese phone may have better feature list but it cant beat a branded phone when it comes to quality and realiability. and thus people dont mind spending extra for a branded phone.
    AnushaGT500
    AnushaGT500

Post  AnushaGT500 16th June 2009, 1:29 pm

Am already enjoying my stay here.

Great point hummer freak. We had 50 long posts of discussion on this topic in a community in orkut. Gave the same example. But hyundai fans are against it. The fight is still on there. hehehehe

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 4:54 am