The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Crazy cat
Zal
napster
7 posters

Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter

napster
    napster

Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter Empty Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter

Post  napster 3rd June 2009, 12:37 am

Bajaj Auto is all geared up for the launch of a new scooter that would pose tough competition to Honda Activa in the Indian markets. A statement has been released mentioning that the scooter would take two years to complete.

Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter New-Bajaj-Scooter-Blade-4Bajaj Auto
    MD, Rajiv Bajaj said "We are developing a new scooter. It is a couple
    of years away from launch". He added "We want to develop a scooter with
    a USP that is rooted in specific technology."

He stated "We continue to work in partnership with Renault-Nissan for thesmall car.
    We want to position the car strategically so that no global major can
    make the model. Even if global majors want to make a car such as ours
    it should be financially not viable for them."

He announced, the company had begun manufacturing bikes from its China manufacturing unit and the company's exports to Nigeria have already begun.

Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter New-Bajaj-Scooter-Blade-1Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter New-Bajaj-Scooter-Blade-2Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter New-Bajaj-Scooter-Blade-3

source: http://www.autoblogs.in/
    Zal
    Zal

Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter Empty Re: Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter

Post  Zal 3rd June 2009, 1:43 pm

It looks really sporty and cool and cute. Great for people who are into the sporty type of scooters 👍
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter Empty Re: Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter

Post  Crazy cat 3rd June 2009, 1:49 pm

Its front reminds me of Fazer 125. Other than that, it looks great.
    napster wrote:
    Bajaj Auto to Challenge Honda Activa with New Scooter New-Bajaj-Scooter-Blade-1

napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd June 2009, 2:45 pm

i like every part of the scooter except for the head lamps position
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 3rd June 2009, 3:32 pm

i did not really like the face of the scooter. looks like one of those alien bikes (read electric bikes).
    rest of the design is nice and fresh.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 5th June 2009, 1:14 pm

These scooters are very sporty and looks awesome.
    There was a news earlier that Yamaha is also going to introduce its new range of scooters in India.

VT
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th June 2009, 2:07 pm

yeah i heard about amaha introducing scooters soon, but no update on it ever since
    ?ushk@r
    ?ushk@r

Post  ?ushk@r 5th June 2009, 2:11 pm

Great, finally Bajaj has shift their focus from bikes to gearless vehicles! This looks good and I think Activa's going to have a tough competition there.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 5th June 2009, 2:22 pm

?ushk@r wrote:Great, finally Bajaj has shift their focus from bikes to gearless vehicles! This looks good and I think Activa's going to have a tough competition there.
    I don't think so. Honda is an established brand in gear less scooters. While Bajaj struggles with its sales in the r wheeler segment and lost out to Honda which is a new company. But if this Scooter has immense value with quality, then there is a chance. Remember the fate of Bajaj Kristal,etc..
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th June 2009, 2:23 pm

kristal is not even seen on the roads, it needs to work hard on the quality of its products
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 6th June 2009, 1:09 am

my prediction says this thing wont be a success. a worthy competitor for activa is yet to come.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 6th June 2009, 10:57 am

absolutely hummer, honda has established itself in gearless scooters, beated kinetic's years long no.1 [position in that segment, now its leading and most preferred gearless scooter in market, bajaj has a long time to go to beat honda.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 6th June 2009, 11:58 am

thackervijay wrote:absolutely hummer, honda has established itself in gearless scooters, beated kinetic's years long no.1 [position in that segment, now its leading and most preferred gearless scooter in market, bajaj has a long time to go to beat honda.
    kinetic was a market leader only till honda was with it. since honda and kinetic have parted ways. its been all down fall for kinetic. i have seen my friend's kinetic nova and blaze. both have some problem or the other all the time. the quality also cannot even be compared to activa.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th June 2009, 2:29 pm

i also own a kinetic nova and trust me its no way good other than the pickup it has

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th June 2024, 2:54 am