The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Road Rocket
Crazy cat
zinam
anjan
Vibhor
9 posters

Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Empty Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched!

Post  Vibhor 4th January 2009, 6:44 pm

Yes ! And Honda insists that this is not the regular change of stickers or addition of more colour options (as Honda has been doing for the past 7 years). Honda is quite serious this time, and people ready to buy the Activa have a very good reason to wait till March 2009. Honda Activa the master piece and sales phenomenon from Honda Motor Cycle India (HMSI) is set to take a rebirth - How cool is that news?

Activa has definitely re-written the scooter arena in India by conquering the minds of Indian customers. With its first of a kind, well refined 102CC engine with silky smooth smoothness, it worked well for Honda and its customers - just like Bajaj’s scooter trump card the Chetak. Now HMSI is making major changes to its Activa to keep up with the existing competitive market conditions.

Two different variants are likely to be launched - Activa and Activa Deluxe.
    Both variants will be powered by a more powerful new 110CC engine. Existing vario-matic belt driven transmission to remain.
    In Deluxe variants ‘Combined Braking’ will be introduced, by which one can stop the vehicle by applying any one of the brakes.
    Existing Activa’s 100% metal body will be converted into selective metal parts, so the kerb weight of Activa may come down - resulting in better performance and higher fuel economy,
    The Activa Deluxe will be getting an additional feature, illuminated luggage box. Our sources said both the Activas share same looks and styles and there is no major changes other than explained above.
    This Activa will be launched in first quarter-2009. :bball:

Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda-activa

Last edited by Vibhor on 27th March 2009, 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    anjan
    anjan

Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Empty Re: Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched!

Post  anjan 4th January 2009, 7:10 pm

Good news vibhor dear. Activa needs some upgradation.Thats to prepare themselves to face the Yamaha scooters and also the Suzuki Access. Incidentally,HMSIL has beaten Bajaj to become the no. 2 two wheeler maker in India last month, saleswise.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 4th January 2009, 8:01 pm

Great news Vibs !!

But i really expect Honda to concentrate on the tyres of Activa :(

This is the part i really hate about activa !!

HMSIL SHould come up withs some facelift & trendier design to attract college going girls :)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 5th January 2009, 12:41 pm

I think besides the above mentioned changes, the new Activa will borrow front disc and telescopic forks from Aviator.

@anjan, Is Honda the second in 2 wheeler sales? or just in scooters?

I agree with you zinam. Honda should concentrate more on design. Their scooters have design that suits best to Boys. They don't have a girlie scooter. They should launch a scooter to attract girls who are the main buyers of scooters.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 5th January 2009, 9:31 pm

This is nice news!Activa really needs a makeover!:)
    AshTheDash
    AshTheDash

Post  AshTheDash 26th January 2009, 10:54 pm

Vibhor wrote: This Activa will be launched in first quarter-2009. :bball:

Dear Vibhor any precise dates that you know of??

I am very close to buy the current Activa or Aviator.

I am keen to know more about the new Activa now before I make my move..

Please provide more info.

Ash

Last edited by raj_5004 on 27th January 2009, 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : excessive ...s)
    anjan
    anjan

Post  anjan 26th January 2009, 10:56 pm

They say its by March 2009 as per the AC I Feb 2009 issue.
    AshTheDash
    AshTheDash

Post  AshTheDash 26th January 2009, 11:09 pm

anjan wrote:They say its by March 2009 as per the AC I Feb 2009 issue.

You have managed to lay hands on the Feb issue. I always get my subscribed copy late.

Cool... Hope its in time to be test driven and ripped apart and then i can order it in time to have my delivery on 27th March. Its a important day in Marathi Calendar. The beginning of the Marathi New Year.

Thanks for the update Anjan

Ash

MOD: PLEASE AVOID EXCESSIVE USE OF '....S' IN YOUR POSTS.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 27th January 2009, 6:05 pm

Welcome to the TAI forums Ash!
    I think you should try the aviator or if you are not in a hurry then wait for new Activa.:)

Road Rocket
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 27th January 2009, 9:41 pm

I would recomend Aviator or Suzuki Access any day over Activa, because active symbolises aged looks.

Suzuki acces is equally good when compared to Aviator
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 6th February 2009, 1:43 pm

Yeah!Access is good but i like aviator more. :)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th February 2009, 11:35 am

zinam wrote:I would recomend Aviator or Suzuki Access any day over Activa, because active symbolises aged looks.

Suzuki acces is equally good when compared to Aviator

well but activa is still the best selling among these three from access,avatior and activa, avatior is bit bigger and high positioned but feels more plastics as compared to activa which feels more solid then this.

ATD, nice to see you here mate, welcome to TAI.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 8th February 2009, 5:10 pm

Aviator is the best bet for men. Disc brakes, telescopic front suspension, etc... makes it good deal. Wish it had a 125cc(not that 100cc is underpowered) engine and front filling for fuel.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 27th March 2009, 4:27 pm

Honda launches new Activa!

Honda new Activa gets a redesigned front and rear section. The front is dominated by curvy and aerodynamic styling with redesigned headlamps. Clear lens turn indicators dominates the rear. Honda laos makes use of impact resistant ABS plastic panels to reduce the overall weight of the two-wheeler. The new activa is powered by 109cc 4-stroke engine pumping out 8bhp at 7500rpm and 0.9Kgm at 5500rpm. As we told you earlier, the redesigning result in reduced fuel tank capacity. The fuel tank capacity of new activa is 5.3L. New activa comes with kick and self start option. The new activa also gets combined braking system. Honda CBS is a safety system on motorcycles that balances the engagement of both front and rear brakes. CBS applies front braking force whenever the rear brake is operated.
    Apart from the styling and engine changes, the new activa gets loads of comfort features. This includes largert 18L storage space, optional inner/glove box (still optional!!!),key shutter and rear tuff-up tube.
    While the ground clearance remains the same as the old one (145mm), the length and breadth is limited to 1761mm and 710mm from 1765mm and 715mm. However this full body male scooter has grown taller 17mm and subquently the saddle height now stoods at 765mm versus the earlier 760mm. The new activa comes in six colours - geny grey metallic,candy lucid red,black,force silver metallic,wild purple metallic and pearl sunbeam white.

Price Ex-show room –
    Pune – Rs. 41,300
    Bengulru – Rs. 41,340
    Kolkata – Rs. 41,320
    The new activa comes in two variants - activa standard and activa deluxe. The prices mentioned here are of the standard variant. The deluxe variant which will come with combi brakes will be launched soon. The punchline for the new activa is “Joy ON & ON”.
    Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_2009-176x300
    Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_2009_4-269x300
    Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_2009_2-273x300
    http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/honda-launches-new-activa/
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 27th March 2009, 7:09 pm

The Activa is finally launched :jump: . But i feel the front looks plain or could have been beteer. What do you all say guys?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 28th March 2009, 1:19 pm

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 28th March 2009, 1:48 pm

What is that written below Activa?, something that starts with O and ends with N.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 29th March 2009, 4:36 pm

Crazy cat wrote:What is that written below Activa?, something that starts with O and ends with N.
    I think thats "ON ON" read full - it says "Joy ON ON" maybe their tagline I guess.

Check out activa's review here and am posting few pics -
    http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/honda-activa-test-drive/

Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_110cc_58
    Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_110cc_43
    Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_110cc_59-300x199Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_110cc_15-150x150
    Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_110cc_29
    Honda Activa Makeover ; Launched! Honda_activa_110cc_32
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 29th March 2009, 4:41 pm

lol vibhor :lol: . Actually i thought it was Onion and was thinking why they kept this?

Still fuel tank under the seat? :frustration:
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 29th March 2009, 4:45 pm

LoL!:laugh:
    and yeah, they haven't changed the position of fuel filler cap, the one in front is more convinient.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th March 2009, 5:49 pm

hmm so finally new model is out, nothing gr8 to say about this, hope its not too plasticky as avaitor, also its front style reminds of alien eyes :lol!: , very plane.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 29th March 2009, 6:17 pm

yeah.i agree. design isnt very impressive. but as long as the quality remains like that of the current activa design will be no issue.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 30th March 2009, 10:24 am

read on newspaper today that built is the same as old activa with metal side parts and not of plastics which is a good thing for me atleast.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 30th March 2009, 1:12 pm

yes even i saw that in the morning. this is a good news. this is one smart scooter.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 3rd May 2009, 10:35 pm

new design for the new generation..;)
    but i wonder why these people dont make the fuel filling more flexible, i mean it should be somewhere in the front and not under the seat

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 1st July 2024, 7:00 am