The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
raj_5004
Road Rocket
car-o-static
Crazy cat
autodude sparsh
archit
Vibhor
11 posters

Mahindra launches Xylo with ABS!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Smile Mahindra launches Xylo with ABS!

Post  Vibhor 17th May 2009, 12:46 pm

Hey all!
    I've heard that M&M has launched the Xylo with ABS(Anti Blockier System) for added safety, The car is priced at 8.18 lacs (Ex -Delhi)This news is still not confirmed, Will get it confirmed by M&M official and let you all know.

VT
    archit
    archit

Smile Re: Mahindra launches Xylo with ABS!

Post  archit 17th May 2009, 12:50 pm

that is good news though i am not a XYLO fan
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 17th May 2009, 12:52 pm

Nice, but i think ABS is Anti-Lock Brake System.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 17th May 2009, 12:54 pm

autodude sparsh wrote:Nice, but i think ABS is Anti-Lock Brake System.
    Nope, Both are used but Anti Blockier system is correct and accurate..
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 17th May 2009, 12:55 pm

ABS should have been in Xylo from the time of its launch. Hope ts braking problem gets solved.

@sparsh, that's right but different manufacturers call them in a different way. just like common rail direct injection called as CRDe. CRDI, TCDI, etc..
    car-o-static
    car-o-static

Post  car-o-static 17th May 2009, 2:13 pm

With a car that big ABS is mandatory :war:
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 17th May 2009, 2:17 pm

Vibhor wrote:Hey all!
    I've heard that M&M has launched the Xylo with ABS(Anti Blockier System) for added safety, The car is priced at 8.18 lacs (Ex -Delhi)This news is still not confirmed, Will get it confirmed by M&M official and let you all know.

VT
    Good news, but they should have offered airbags along with it too! :winkthumb:
    Do confirm it soon.

autodude sparsh wrote:Nice, but i think ABS is Anti-Lock Brake System.
    Thats called Anti Blockier system too.

RoadRocket
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 18th May 2009, 9:02 am

i am glad to hear this, just what the doc desperately ordered!

@ vibhor & sparsh: 'anti-lock braking system' is the correct technical term, what we use in engineering. it may also be referred as anti blockier system recently, though i have never heard of it or read about it.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 18th May 2009, 3:11 pm

good news, waiting for its confirmation, though as all said its late and should be given firstly, but its better to be late but here as its necessary for that huge vehicle to be which made mahindra thought of it that soon.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 18th May 2009, 7:15 pm

raj_5004 wrote:@ vibhor & sparsh: 'anti-lock braking system' is the correct technical term, what we use in engineering. it may also be referred as anti blockier system recently, though i have never heard of it or read about it.
    But Raj, I heard one Discovery channel that first it was called Anti-Blockier System only and after the term "Anti lock braking system" has took its place, Anyways, We can have a good discussion on this topic but in a seperate thread. :)

thackervijay wrote:good news, waiting for its confirmation, though as all said its late and should be given firstly, but its better to be late but here as its necessary for that huge vehicle to be which made mahindra thought of it that soon.
    I've Confirmed it vijay.This is true.

VT
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 18th May 2009, 7:26 pm

Ya, This is confirmed, You can check this too-
    http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/mahindra-xylo/mahindra-xylo-e8-gets-abs/

RoadRocket
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 18th May 2009, 7:46 pm

Vibhor wrote:
    raj_5004 wrote:@ vibhor & sparsh: 'anti-lock braking system' is the correct technical term, what we use in engineering. it may also be referred as anti blockier system recently, though i have never heard of it or read about it.
    But Raj, I heard one Discovery channel that first it was called Anti-Blockier System only and after the term "Anti lock braking system" has took its place, Anyways, We can have a good discussion on this topic but in a seperate thread. :)

Anti-Blockier is the German equivalent of Anti-lock. So, one is in German and the other one is in English.. interestingly braking system is English and the German equivalent ( Bremssystem ) is not used to refer this technology! Don't know the reason for that :)

PS: Move this post if this is not the right place.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 22nd May 2009, 2:05 pm

Thank god. A car with a suspension that soft and poor stability, ABS was a must from the very beginning.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 22nd May 2009, 2:16 pm

hmm thats good, this was necessity for this and all vehicles in this segment, atleast ABS should be made mandatory in all vehicles, airbags should be optional.Good that mahindra thought of it this soon and brought it.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 22nd May 2009, 2:19 pm

whats the hike in price for the abs version of xylo?
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 22nd May 2009, 6:54 pm

napster wrote:whats the hike in price for the abs version of xylo?
    ABS is optional only in E8 version and you will have to spend Rs.18,000 for it.

RoadRocket
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 23rd May 2009, 10:43 am

even then its worth spending that much on this huge vehicle, i feel instead of option it shall be made available with its top end model as stock fitment.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 23rd May 2009, 4:14 pm

thackervijay wrote:even then its worth spending that much on this huge vehicle, i feel instead of option it shall be made available with its top end model as stock fitment.
    You are right vijay, but we should not forget that cost cutting by not introducing such features is the secret of Xylo being a VFM package.

RoadRocket
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 23rd May 2009, 4:50 pm

In India, cost sutting by giving less safety features has always been an issue. Lets not forget the older Scorpio 2.6.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 23rd May 2009, 10:40 pm

i feel offering the ABS as the option is the right thing to do. hence, those who do not want the ABS need not go for the smaller variant, E6. this way, customers are given their choice. and if indians were so safety conscious, Xylo would not sell 3500 units a month!
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 23rd May 2009, 10:45 pm

raj_5004 wrote:i feel offering the ABS as the option is the right thing to do. hence, those who do not want the ABS need not go for the smaller variant, E6. this way, customers are given their choice. and if indians were so safety conscious, Xylo would not sell 3500 units a month!

that is true, indians never take safety as the first preferance, the main thing they look after is the price tag, only few people think they need safety all the time no matter where they drive, some people think ABS is jsu tan addition which is of no use in the city , so its better to leave a choice to the customers itself to opt for it or not
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th May 2009, 10:06 am

but i feel as what raj said, company should give those features as stock on its topend version instead of optional, and people who doesnt was them can opt for one lower version.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 24th May 2009, 11:15 am

But that would increase its cost, I feel that its better to give these features as an option only.

RoadRocket
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 24th May 2009, 12:36 pm

thackervijay wrote:but i feel as what raj said, company should give those features as stock on its topend version instead of optional, and people who doesnt was them can opt for one lower version.

vijay, you mis-read my post. what i meant that safety features should be provided optional. suppose some customer does not want the airbags, now if airbags are standard in the E8, he will go for the E6 & he will miss out the alloys & other stuff. its a loss for mahindra too as they earn more in top end models.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 16th June 2009, 7:32 pm

Saw this again on news Today,

Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. has launched its top end E8 variant Xylo with ABS today.

The Xylo, which first went on sale this January has sold 12,456 units (as of May, 2009). The E8-ABS Xylo will be on sale at an on-road (Mumbai) price of Rs 9,37,408. This is a premium of Rs 20,000 over the E8 version without ABS. ABS is an option only on the top-of-the-line E8 variant, and is not available on the lower variants even as a cost option. The Xylo has scored well with customers due to its terrific interior space and competitive price.

The ride of the
    [color:af26=#043764! important]car
    too is well suited to the roughest of Indian road conditions, but due to the soft suspension setup high speed behavious can be a bit uncomfortable especially as it has with sharp brakes. The addition of ABS by Mahindra will refine the Xylo's mannerisms while under heavy braking.
    Mahindra launches Xylo with ABS! Xylo_ND36367
    (Source:AutocarIndia)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21st September 2024, 4:03 pm