The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
dcargod
Zal
autodude sparsh
im_hummer_freak
archit
Crazy cat
10 posters

Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing Empty Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing

Post  Crazy cat 12th June 2009, 9:41 am

KG, an eagle-eyed car enthusiast, caught these two Passat estates and one Phaeton testing on the Eastern Express Highway in Mumbai. The Passats seem to be running the same powertrain as their sedan counterpart that is already on sale – the 140bhp, 2.0-litre TDI engine. KG gets a surprise gift from us (to be announced later) for his watchfulness.
    Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing Cimg3333m
    Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing Cimg3331m1
    Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing Cimg3332m
    source
    archit
    archit

Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing Empty Re: Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing

Post  archit 12th June 2009, 10:07 am

that is cool
    phateon really looks good!
    and so does passat estate!
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing Empty Re: Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing

Post  im_hummer_freak 12th June 2009, 10:35 am

wow. the passat estate looks cool. what price bracket is Phaeton expected in india?
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 12th June 2009, 1:46 pm

Expect Phateton to be out of reach. It is an Audi A8 rival.
    Passat Estate looks brilliant, now just waiting for the ultra-hot Passat CC which is coming this Sept most probably.
    Zal
    Zal

Post  Zal 13th June 2009, 3:18 am

Is there a market in india for station wagons?
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 13th June 2009, 9:40 am

Nah, not really, only the Tata Marina has had it's share of success, but if the PE turns out to be bang for buck and a good performer, expect it to give a tough fight to some of the Luxury Saloons out there.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 13th June 2009, 3:54 pm

With the arrival of good products, a particular segment grows. I think the Passat estate could well spring the rise of an Estate segment, which is more practical that sedans in many ways.

IMO, the Phaeton is a great looker and will create waves in the market. It will be good to drive as well. I think it will be placed in the 50-60 lakh price bracket.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 13th June 2009, 6:17 pm

Phaeton is likely to be 70L+ given that it is an expensive car and will be a CBU import.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 14th June 2009, 11:45 am

The Passat Estate had been spotted earlier too, I don't feel this car is on a test.
    About the Phaeton, Its amazing car, I've spotted it about 2-3 times in Delhi.
    Hope VW offcialy launches it here soon.

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 14th June 2009, 11:57 am

passat looks good, though there isnt much of market share for estate in India lets see how does this one do here.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 14th June 2009, 12:05 pm

estates have never been popular in the indian market. siena weekend, corsa swing, indigo marina & octavia combi are prime examples. i hope the passat estate changes the trend.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 14th June 2009, 1:46 pm

raj_5004 wrote:estates have never been popular in the indian market. siena weekend, corsa swing, indigo marina & octavia combi are prime examples. i hope the passat estate changes the trend.
    I don't think that still it would change the trend because in India theres very less demand of estates so even if one brings an ultra VFM estate very few people would buy it.
    However, Pickup trucks have become quite popular here like in US.

RoadRocket
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 14th June 2009, 5:32 pm

in US, pick up trucks are used even by families, who like a bit of adventure on weekends. here, pick up trucks are bought only by those who want to deliver groceries to their stores!
    how many xenons & getaways have you seen on the roads?
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 14th June 2009, 5:41 pm

Earlier, hatchbacks were never popular in the market. The Getz, when it was launched, was overpriced and had failed to excite the market. But the Swift changed everything. Just like that, India needs and attractive package for an estate, which will deliver on all ends and only this can start the Estates trend in India. All estates that had set foot in the country were mere adaptations which had flaws and was overpriced and had less or no value.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 14th June 2009, 7:05 pm

dcargod wrote:Earlier, hatchbacks were never popular in the market. The Getz, when it was launched, was overpriced and had failed to excite the market. But the Swift changed everything. Just like that, India needs and attractive package for an estate, which will deliver on all ends and only this can start the Estates trend in India. All estates that had set foot in the country were mere adaptations which had flaws and was overpriced and had less or no value.
    when in india were hatchbacks not popular?? are you talking about pre-historic times?
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 14th June 2009, 7:13 pm

No mate. What I meant was that small hatches in India are referred to as 'small cars' and the premium ones are called 'hatchbacks'. It is in this sense that I meant hatchbacks were never popular. Small cars were always popular. The concept of larger 'small cars' aka 'hatchbacks' kicked off after the Swift came to India.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 14th June 2009, 7:16 pm

dcargod wrote:No mate. What I meant was that small hatches in India are referred to as 'small cars' and the premium ones are called 'hatchbacks'. It is in this sense that I meant hatchbacks were never popular. Small cars were always popular. The concept of larger 'small cars' aka 'hatchbacks' kicked off after the Swift came to India.
    ok got your point. but well small or big a hatchback is a hatchback.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 14th June 2009, 7:18 pm

We know that but the general public doesn't. People still confuse between SUVs and MUVs and small cars and hatchbacks.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 17th June 2009, 11:31 am

raj_5004 wrote:how many xenons & getaways have you seen on the roads?
    Not seen much Xenons and getaways but I've surely seen many Tata 4070s and other such estates.

RoadRocket
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 17th June 2009, 12:04 pm

Road Rocket wrote:
    raj_5004 wrote:how many xenons & getaways have you seen on the roads?
    Not seen much Xenons and getaways but I've surely seen many Tata 4070s and other such estates.

RoadRocket
    You mean Tata 207 with yellow plates used for pure commercial purpose? they are in different league.

Xenon and getaway aren't mean for commercial purpose, so for the price it will be used as a private vehicle and also not suitable for everyday use, if you are living in a city.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 17th June 2009, 12:33 pm

I don't exactly know the model number, I think its 207 only as you said.
    Passat estate and Phaeton caught testing TATA-MOTORS_Telcoline-1988_main

RoadRocket
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 17th June 2009, 5:55 pm

Yup RR, this is the 207. Anyways :offtopic:
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 19th June 2009, 8:58 am

Road Rocket wrote:Not seen much Xenons and getaways but I've surely seen many Tata 4070s and other such estates.

Huh??
    I'm sure that Xenons and Getaways were pickups and not estates.
    Haha :lol:

And to say, most of my friends dad's have cars like Octavia estate, Xenon, Getaway, so you really can't say they are non-existent.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 19th June 2009, 11:52 am

autodude sparsh wrote:
    Road Rocket wrote:Not seen much Xenons and getaways but I've surely seen many Tata 4070s and other such estates.

Huh??
    I'm sure that Xenons and Getaways were pickups and not estates.
    Haha :lol:

And to say, most of my friends dad's have cars like Octavia estate, Xenon, Getaway, so you really can't say they are non-existent.
    xenon and getaway are surely pickups. no one said they are estate. read the thread properly.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 19th June 2009, 6:15 pm

I think Passat Estate will hit the showrooms by the end of this year and will be priced very well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 2:28 am