The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
abhi_qpotsiavs
napster
autodude sparsh
Road Rocket
archit
thackervijay
Crazy cat
anjan
raj_5004
zinam
Vibhor
15 posters

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! Empty SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!!

Post  Vibhor 14th December 2008, 5:00 pm

Hey guys!..here is another scoop from TBHP....a tbhpian spotted this All new indigo testing coimbatore!.. :bball:

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! 91012000rk6
    SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! 15534770uz8
    SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! 15529523sj4

Well, I hope they are now visible!

Last edited by Vibhor on 14th December 2008, 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zinam
    zinam

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! Empty Re: SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!!

Post  zinam 14th December 2008, 5:51 pm

@Vibhor !!

Sorry Buddy.... these links follow to an error page.. :(

ok.. I jus searched in T-BHP & i am just adding this link at least for others.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/50615-scoop-tata-indigo-vista-spotted.html

Hope atleast everyone could view now :)
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! Empty Re: SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!!

Post  raj_5004 14th December 2008, 6:35 pm

THREAD CLEANED.
    anjan
    anjan

Post  anjan 14th December 2008, 8:43 pm

Thanks vibhor dear for the pictures right here in our forum. The car is due for launch in March 2009 and it will be powered by the 1248 cc Fiat MJD engine with a 90.5 bhp output. That is similar to the engine specs of the Fiat Linea.
    The Indigo's new frontal looks will be anybody's guess because it must resemble the Indica Vista. But the rear looks are a mystery! They will also have to launch a new Indigo CS I suppose.We have not yet heard about the new CS though.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 14th December 2008, 8:53 pm

The Vista's front looks are one of the worst I've seen. Thank god they change it in Indigo.

I've seen Grande(some 6 months back), Vista(Yesterday, it wasn't a diesel but the engine sound was too noisy for a petrol), Nano testing in coimbatore. I think Tata is doing some testing in and around Coimbatore for all its cars. But I've not spotted the Indigo yet. Thanks for the pics.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 18th December 2008, 10:25 am

this was all expected from tata to get indigo on roads on vista's platform. interiors seems same like new vista.yes CC tata seems testing all new launches. What am i waiting is to c when do they launch the CS version on vista's platform.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 18th December 2008, 10:46 pm

I think that there will not be CS version based on Vista. Because Vista has more Wheel base than Indica and it'll be difficult to chop.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 19th December 2008, 10:23 am

agree CC but you never know with tata as already CS saloon is doin good so the company might launch it on vista's platform.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 19th December 2008, 3:09 pm

the rear is so unpredictable!!!
    it looks like an MPV!!
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 19th December 2008, 7:11 pm

Guys today i spotted this vehicle on the same road photo was taken. It is the new Indigo, following the Indigo was the Tata's MPV. They were on the opposite side and the traffic was more, so no chance of taking photo.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 19th December 2008, 7:24 pm

oh but this is common news heard from south CC so u be ready to capture few of them in ur cam buddy.CHEERS!!!!!!! 🎅 be a santa this chrismas and let them click a few to you. ;)
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 19th December 2008, 7:41 pm

Yeah I'll try, actually it is on the way to my college. Hope I can get one.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 20th December 2008, 9:44 am

I hope the rear will be well designed.... :) because the tail lamps are pretty centered and looks very long .:

But TATA is not coming out from their brand Indica design in Front.. :(

If this is going to continue, the same will happen in case of this new vehicle :suspect:
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 21st December 2008, 2:09 pm

Crazy cat wrote:I think that there will not be CS version based on Vista. Because Vista has more Wheel base than Indica and it'll be difficult to chop.
    Yes!Very true Crazy Cat!
    ...and yeah!please try to snap pics of that car you spotted!
    anjan
    anjan

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! Empty The New Indigo (March 2009)

Post  anjan 22nd December 2008, 7:18 pm

Source Autocarindia website

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! Indigo10
    We knew it was coming, and now we can show you what it will look like.
    The all-new Indigo, based on the new Indica Vista, will be in showrooms
    by March 2009. But it isn’t a simple case of sticking a boot onto the
    Vista. Instead, the new Indigo gets a lengthened wheelbase and
    different engines. Tata Motors wants to take the new Indigo more
    upmarket without losing its value proposition, but the taxi fleet image
    is something that Tata consciously wants to avoid.

The nose of the new Indigo will retain the Indica’s sweeping angular
    headlights, but should benefit from a more prominent grille, with
    oodles of chrome for a rich look. At the rear, the Indigo gets
    vertically-stacked taillights, which are in keeping with the overall
    design and are sure to lend it a distinct identity from the rear as
    well. Whether they’re good-looking or not is a matter of personal
    taste, but Tata’s designers have done well to disguise the bulk of the
    rear. The tapering roof and C-pillar, with a more rakish rear
    windscreen give the whole car a more cohesive look, without really
    compromising on rear headroom.

The lengthened wheelbase is sure to liberate more in-cabin space as
    well, to improve upon what is already a roomy car. As far as budget
    limos go, the new Indigo should set quite the benchmark.

Engine options will be the same as those on the Linea, with a 90bhp
    version of the Fiat’s Multi-jet motor, but whether Tata will stick to
    the Quadrajet nomenclature as on the Indica is to be seen. There could
    also be the 16-valve twin-cam 1.4-litre petrol from Fiat as well.

Prices should start around Rs 5 lakh for the base versions, and there
    could also be an executive variant, complete with rear A/C vents,
    Bluetooth, and perhaps even a DVD screen. As always, Tata will face a
    challenge with quality, notably fit-and-finish, but if it manages to
    have these sorted on the new Indigo, it looks to be a strong seller
    indeed.

Yours truly
    Lets hope the car goes places and leads in the "C" segment.At a time when nothing seems to go well for the Tatas including the Taj Hotel 26/11 incidents, the JLR bailout proposals, the CORUS Steel layoffs of 600 workers and also the recently failed rights equity issue of Tata Motors, it is hoped that the new Indigo will spruce up the Tata brand.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd December 2008, 7:52 pm

Thanks for the news anjan. i read in ACI before that Indigo on Vista platform is expected to have more legroom than Logan. With powerful engine, more space and looks it'll give tough competition to Logan and Dzire.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 23rd December 2008, 6:59 am

eeww!!!
    from the back it looks like ambassador!!!
    hope the front looks somewhat better!!!
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 23rd December 2008, 8:07 am

Thanks Anjan Really good news & it was expected :)

I really like the looks of Indigo Vista Its fairway better than other TATA Cars on Road

Hope they take it here with the competition & give their best quality to stand out of crowd
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 23rd December 2008, 10:28 am

looks a good new car from TATA but what they miss out is always on quality on offer, which never appeals as a class, cheaper plastics, fitments. hope they prove this wrong with new models upcoming.Thanks for the details and pics anjan.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 23rd December 2008, 6:36 pm

The headlamps of Vista is really bad(it makes the vehice look small and spoils the look), I'm expecting a better headlamp in this Indigo. The rear looks are like that belongs to a more expensive car.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd March 2009, 12:15 pm

Here are some compter generated images of upcoming "Indigo Vista" from IAB -

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! 2009_tata_indigo_3
    SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! 2009_tata_indigo_1-300x225SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! 2009_tata_indigo_2-300x191
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 3rd March 2009, 1:38 pm

seems like desigh taken fromdzire counterpart with boot attached along with the car, though looks good,if this is what we might get.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 3rd March 2009, 9:23 pm

The car looks decent enough & i am sure it will be hit if its launched on MJD platform!
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 3rd March 2009, 9:54 pm

This again looks like a Indica Vista with a boot, just like the original Indica :scratch:
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

SCOOP: Indigo 'Vista' Spied testing!!! Empty Indigo Vista Coming Next Month!!

Post  autodude sparsh 12th May 2009, 2:35 pm

Tata Indigo Vista launches next month for over 5-lakh INR -
    The much awaited Tata Indigo Vista will be set afloat next month for a price tag displaying 5-lakh rupees or more. The car will be put together in the Ranjangaon plant where Fiat manufactures all its cars for India. The engine options include the 1.3-liter Multijet and 1.4-liter FIRE petrol engine.

Source- www.indianautosblog.com

So, now we have another competitor in the 5-7 lakh bracket.
    Let's hope it's worthy of being called a competitor!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5th July 2024, 7:46 am