The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
car-o-static
dcargod
raj_5004
zinam
im_hummer_freak
archit
Road Rocket
thackervijay
12 posters

Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure?

Poll

vista success or failure

[ 1 ]
    Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Vote_lcap27%Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Vote_lcap233%Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Vote_lcap260%Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Vote_rcap [60%] 

Total Votes: 15
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Empty Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure?

Post  thackervijay 24th May 2009, 10:40 am

Its been quite some time Tata launched its new indica named Vista.Auto Expo in delhi where tata showcased its new indica and were said that its new V3 indica, but auto experts were claiming that this new hatchback from tata might see new name with world known fiat's multijet engine.Also maruti did wonders and still doing the same with fiat's diesel engine, tata too was expected to have some gr8 market share, tata came up with same Indica name with added Vista alongwith.So came indica vista with diesel engine named Quadrajet.
    Tata also did the market trick with pricing it lesser then maruti's swift, all new interiors,centre console, but couldnot take away its indica's tag along with where once poeple doesnt feel its a new indica, also panel gaps werent looked at, also they came up with anniversary vista with alloys,blaupunkt system.But surprisingly they also came up with its older TDI engine in Vista which was almost 80k cheaper to quadrajet.I dont see that many new vista's around as compared to new swifts around, so is it a failure of vista for tata or they over hyped their Nano which didnt let vista rise as it should be.. what do you all say?
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Empty Re: Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure?

Post  Road Rocket 24th May 2009, 11:06 am

Well, Vista looks more like a failiure to me but I voted "Its bit early to say".

RoadRocket
    archit
    archit

Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure? Empty Re: Is Tata Indica Vista success or Failure?

Post  archit 24th May 2009, 11:30 am

i voted too early to say because really it is to early
    the people have not realized about the new vista and still think it is as the old indica!
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 24th May 2009, 11:46 am

even i voted for "too early to say".
    IMO the car is great. looks, refinement, quality all have gone up. I see Tata with lot of potential.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 24th May 2009, 11:55 am

If this engine would have been from Maruti or Hyundai, there would be no place for this question !!

I too voted too early because, the People's Mind Set towards TATA are going down day by day.

TATA has to really work hard & improve its ASS else it will be really tough for them even if they launch Jaguar & Land Rover with its poor ASS.
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 24th May 2009, 12:32 pm

i have voted 'failure'. i dont think its too early to say because i think it was launched before the ANHC & xylo. i can see new citys & xylos flooding mumbai roads but not too many vistas.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 24th May 2009, 1:25 pm

I am the only odd one out here. Recently visited a TATA dealer to TD the Nano. demo car wasn't there. then as we chatted, we ended up speaking about the Vista. Salesman informs me that it has a 2 month waiting period. He says that there are plenty of bookings but production is slow, leading to this backlog. Its got more to do with low production than good response from the people.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th May 2009, 1:30 pm

thats the story every dealer says up, if sales are that high and lots of bookings around why we dont see vista's on road.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 24th May 2009, 1:35 pm

Well, i see a lot of Vistas here.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 24th May 2009, 1:36 pm

even i have seen a lot of vistas. specially the limited editions with black roof.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 24th May 2009, 1:37 pm

And Kolkata is filled with the TERRA versions.
    car-o-static
    car-o-static

Post  car-o-static 24th May 2009, 1:53 pm

Yeah even I see a lot of vistas on the roads
    vistas and lineas are slowly but surely growing in numbers
    compared to that there are lower number of xylos
    and almost no i20s,
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th May 2009, 2:13 pm

the most vista's seen here are of anniversary edition and Tdi ones and rarely of quadrajet ones.MOstly doesnt seems many but out of seen overall.Still not many though.
    autodude sparsh
    autodude sparsh

Post  autodude sparsh 24th May 2009, 4:24 pm

Well it is too early to say as people have slowly started to realise how good this car is so now I can spot quite a few Vistas on road compared to a couple of months before.
    Well someone in our neighbourhood is opening a Travel Agency and has booked 10 Vistas.
    7 are JTD and 3 are TDi.
    In Multijet he has booked 3 Terras, 2 Aquas , 1 Aura, and 1 Anniversary Edition.
    In TDi he has booked 2 Terras and 1 Aqua.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 24th May 2009, 4:35 pm

thats great, when i come to delhi and need a ride, i'll surely avail those. the rear seats are armchairs.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 1st June 2009, 1:45 pm

but i dont think anniversary edition are anymore available, they have stopped its production, infact now vista is available in white colour which was not before.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st June 2009, 1:51 pm

How did i miss this poll? I voted 'NO'. With the famous 1.3mjd under its hood, with a better package than old Indica, i could hardly see Vistas on road.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 1st June 2009, 2:14 pm

what you mean to say CC, you say vista is success or failure??
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st June 2009, 2:18 pm

Oops sorry. I voted for 'Failure'
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 1st June 2009, 6:00 pm

I would still say that the Vista is a big success, not seen in huge numbers because of Tata's production problems. It is a car which has been well received by the market.
    goodspeed_89

Post  goodspeed_89 1st June 2009, 6:57 pm

it has got one of the best engines in business now, but the built quality has let the car down. i think its a failure.

MOD NOTE: PLEASE AVOID SMS LINGO.
    DA = THE
    THANKS.
    Do not use .... also

Last edited by abhinavgupta on 1st June 2009, 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : SMS lingo prohibited.)
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd June 2009, 12:38 pm

I voted for the option "Too Early to say".

VT

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8th July 2024, 2:43 am