The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
fly_hard
Crazy cat
6 posters

Peugeot enters 2009 Guiness book of recors

Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Smile Peugeot enters 2009 Guiness book of recors

Post  Crazy cat 19th May 2009, 4:57 pm

Peugeot enters 2009 Guiness book of recors 55343peu-
    This Peugeot 308 HDi 110 averaged 32km/l over a distance of 14,500km!

A standard Peugeot 308 HDi 110 hatchback, equipped with Michelin energy saving tyres, has set two new world records – travelling 1,907km on just 60 litres of diesel fuel, and completing 14,500km at an average 32km/l. With this, the Peugeot 308 HDi 110 has secured a place for itself in the 2009 Guinness Book of Records.

The world records were set by the husband and wife team of John and Helen Taylor, who drove around the coast of Australia on a 25-day journey. ‘We were very aware of the strong environmental credentials of the 308 before we set out on this journey, but we had no idea that it would be such a record breaker,’ says John Taylor.

‘The feat performed by John and his wife, Helen, in the 308 is outstanding. It proves the difference that driving economically can make on both the environment and with the rising cost of fuel, your pocket,’ says Pierre Louis Colin, MD, Peugeot UK.
    fly_hard

Smile Re: Peugeot enters 2009 Guiness book of recors

Post  fly_hard 19th May 2009, 7:55 pm

No surprises there I guess, all French cars are really strong in producing world leading Diesel Engines like the Citroen, Peugeot and Renault. They all have a very good reputation I cant wait till the relaunch Peugeot in India and also bring Citroen to Indian shores. I think the Indian market is just ripe for the French invasion, Diesel Automobiles are in great demand here and Fuel Economy is definitely one of the biggest selling points if not THE BIGGEST selling point in India. It will bring in a healthy competition with the likes of Skoda and to some extent the relatively newly launched VW market and give the Indian customers a good variety to choose from.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 19th May 2009, 8:57 pm

Even i would buy a Peugeot, if they come again.
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 19th May 2009, 9:36 pm

Are they really coming ? Any idea ? If it is so .... Citroen & Peugeot will be a hit in India :). They have sexy hatch backs with great technology!!! But Peugeot's statement (that they will never come to India again) still hold good I guess :(
    fly_hard

Post  fly_hard 19th May 2009, 9:43 pm

Yea, true Peugeot is too good a car to be treated the way it has been in India, although if I am asked to pick my Favorite French, it will have to be a Citroen. Even the Renault that we have here in the form of Mahindra Renault, does not really justify the reputation of Renault. I am sure they would have done there math and did what was the best for them but the quality of cars Renault produce are far far better than the Logan.

But every thing comes at a price, I personally felt that the built quality of the Logan was a massive let down although the engine, which is a true reflection of Renault engineering is really damn good.

We can not argue the fact that there is a massive demand for cheaper cars in India even if they compromise of quality but still these cars should come up with good mid range luxury vehicle and give us more to choose from at the moment the only thing European we have in Mid range Luxury market is Skoda, that makes it really boring.

In countries like China, VW has been a massive success for a long time and I am sure they have Renault and Peugeot as well, not too sure about the Citroen though.

Oh, guess what I just found out... Peugeot is actually a parent company of the Citroen, wow... that was something new for me...
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 19th May 2009, 10:02 pm

32kmpl :shock: , thats amazing,
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 20th May 2009, 11:56 am

I too would prefer peugeot if it re enters in India.
    I liked this oictured hatchback, The Peugeot 308 :)

RoadRocket
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 21st May 2009, 6:07 pm

I like this 308 too. Any idea on which segment it represents?
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 22nd May 2009, 12:59 am

Crazy cat wrote:I like this 308 too. Any idea on which segment it represents?

Check this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peugeot_308
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 23rd May 2009, 4:28 pm

Thanks for the link shynish.

RoadRocket
    Akash
    Akash

Post  Akash 27th May 2009, 2:13 pm

Peugeot has been producing great cars since long though. I didnt know Peugeot was parent company of Citroen.thanx for the info guys!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8th July 2024, 3:13 am