The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
napster
raj_5004
Crazy cat
Vibhor
8 posters

Hyundai Getz goes cheap!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Smile Hyundai Getz goes cheap!

Post  Vibhor 18th May 2009, 7:41 pm

Hyundai India is offering the Getz Prime CRDi at a special price of Rs. 5,09,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi) for a limited period. The Getz CRDi never really took of, for two reasons. One being the Swift Diesel and the other being Hyundai’s lack of interest in selling the car. No test drive available and no marketing either. Hyundai launched the Getz diesel for the sake of it and are now clearing stocks to make way for the Hyundai i20 Diesel.

Hyundai Getz goes cheap! 2008-Hyundai-Getz-Prime-13
    Motorbeam.com
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Smile Re: Hyundai Getz goes cheap!

Post  Crazy cat 18th May 2009, 10:28 pm

Getz failed primarily because of pricing. While i bought my Swift, Swift costed 5,46,000OTR and Get 3,24,000OTR. A difference of 75000rs. So who will go for Getz with that high price tag. This price cut should improve its sales, but what about the resale value?
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Post  raj_5004 19th May 2009, 8:27 am

Crazy cat wrote:Getz failed primarily because of pricing. While i bought my Swift, Swift costed 5,46,000OTR and Getz 3,24,000OTR. A difference of 75000rs. So who will go for Getz with that high price tag. This price cut should improve its sales, but what about the resale value?

you mean 6,24,000?
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 19th May 2009, 10:11 am

Oops! sorry, it is 6,24,000rs OTR.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 19th May 2009, 11:02 am

but getz engine is more powerful than that of a swift,
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 19th May 2009, 11:19 am

Getz betters Swift diesel by 1.5secs in 0-100. But Swift does well in in-gear acceleration and is more drieveable than Getz. And also the crucial factor, mileage, Swift wins by a big margin.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 19th May 2009, 11:52 am

so now hyundai seems to phase out getz for sure atleast for its diesel ones with that price tag, its surely excellent tag for this monster but only problem would be its resale value.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 19th May 2009, 11:55 am

The story of Getz is same as of its sibling, The santro. Both cars have got outdated because of their new Gen. Models, Hyundai should have discontinued these cars earlier only and priced the i10 and i20 more better and competitvely.

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 19th May 2009, 12:01 pm

yes but hyundai's strategy is same as before with same old engine with new body and more price tag, thats what we saw in i10 and i20 too, but with the prices coming down for getz petrol, surely i am seeing more of getz 1.1 on road now then ever.3.95/- on road price for it with 20k discount on exchange is a steal, so even we might see that on its diesel too.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 22nd May 2009, 1:53 pm

Getz CRDi is now palpable, thanks to its price. But it is a barren car with no features whatsoever. Nobody will pay over 6lakh for nothing. Plus, more than 95% people in the country are not interested in maxing their cars to the limit.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 10th June 2009, 10:44 pm

Hyundai Getz GVS CRDi @ Rs.4.99 Lacs!

Good new for all your dieselheads out there! Hyundai Getz GVS CRDi is available at a mouth watering Rs. 4.99 Lakhs Ex-Showroom until 15th of June!
    The pocket rocketship comes with the potent 1.5 Litre variable geometry turbocharged CRDi engine with from the Verna sedan which is good for 110 bhp and 23 kgm of torque. With all that power under the hood Getz is one of the fastest cars on the Indian roads, this side of Rs 10 Lakhs!

The engine also stretches a litre of diesel to around 14-15 kms in the city and around 18-20 kmpl on the highways… talk about having your cake and eating it too!
    The pocket friendly performance apart, the good bits about Getz remain like roomy interiors, supremely comfortable seats, good ride and neutral handling.
    Hyundai Getz goes cheap! Getz-prime-crdi-450x337
    (CubicCapacity.com)
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 11th June 2009, 12:13 am

That is great news. Finally we see a worthy Swift contender at a reasonable price. Those who are opting for Swift diesel can have a look at the Getz too.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 11th June 2009, 10:42 am

They should have given this price at the time of launch of Getz. It would have gained lot of response. But now though the sales will increase, won't be so great like if this price was given at the time of launch. As Getz is old now, people might have forget about it. Only who were keen on Getz but didn't get it before because of the price, will go for it.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 11th June 2009, 4:31 pm

I agree with you CC. Another way to arouse response is to market their Getz aggressively, something which Hyundai never did.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 14th June 2009, 2:07 pm

Crazy cat wrote:They should have given this price at the time of launch of Getz.
    Correct but the car might not be selling in good numbers now thats why they are offering huge dicounts on it, Just to push up the sales!

RoadRocket
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 14th June 2009, 2:10 pm

Getz Crdi is now available at 5,47,000/- nett on road price, no other offers,freebies on this.Its a superb deal at this price, why didnt hyundai gave this price on its launch would have been the most hot selling diesel hatch in market, seems they get this lately only.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 14th June 2009, 2:19 pm

Road Rocket wrote:
    Crazy cat wrote:They should have given this price at the time of launch of Getz.
    Correct but the car might not be selling in good numbers now thats why they are offering huge dicounts on it, Just to push up the sales!

RoadRocket
    I know that because of poor sales, they're giving discounts. But what i'm trying to say is, they should have done this at first place, so that a situation like this wouldn't have took place in addition to more Getz on road. Hyundai always claim a premium on its cars, except Santro.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 14th June 2009, 5:53 pm

I agree with you CC. Even I feel that all cars are overpriced except the Santro and the Accent. Hyundai overprices the diesel models mostly and does not offer much features in it. I also feel that even the Verna and Hyundai i10 is overpriced.
    roadlover

Post  roadlover 16th June 2009, 1:47 pm

Hyundai Getz doesnt look all that good for them to slash down the prices...There are better cars in the same category...

Note From Admin: Please avoid posting unwanted pictures in your posts.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 16th June 2009, 1:56 pm

I think the Getz, especially in the diesel avatar, has a lots of good like power, handling, space, but lacks a lot of features for the price.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 16th June 2009, 2:35 pm

dcargod wrote:I think the Getz, especially in the diesel avatar, has a lots of good like power, handling, space, but lacks a lot of features for the price.

yeah DC nothing comes along with that awesome power in getz which is why it failed to lure customers in large numbers cause of higher pricing with less features for that sponker engine.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 8:02 am