The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
thackervijay
Road Rocket
6 posters

Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc!

Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Smile Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc!

Post  Road Rocket 30th April 2009, 4:18 pm

As part of 2009 pulsar series, Bajaj will launch a new upgraded version of pulsar 150cc. The changes are cosmetic and it comes with the same 150cc engine. The new pulsar gets tank scoops borrowed from the pulsar 200cc and all black theme. Also the headlight now gets power directly from the battery.
    Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc! 2009_bajaj_pulsar_150cc-300x199
    http://www.vicky.in/straightfrmtheheart/bajaj-new-pulsar-150cc/
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Smile Re: Bajaj Pulsar 150 cc!

Post  thackervijay 1st May 2009, 9:24 am

this seems that rivals for pulsar 150 have given the company good fight as now current pulsar doesnt sell that good as compared to other 150cc bikes with its aged old looks, dont know all black theme would do wonders for new pulsar or not.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 1st May 2009, 9:49 am

So now 3 Pulsars share the same look, 150,180,200. Any change in price?
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 1st May 2009, 3:05 pm

Crazy cat wrote:So now 3 Pulsars share the same look, 150,180,200. Any change in price?
    If there will be, it would be marginal.
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 2nd May 2009, 10:15 pm

for 200 i think there should be a change of 5-7k.. but that is just what i think... because u know 200 will have rear disk breaks + the new clip on + a bigger front fork
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 3rd May 2009, 8:10 pm

thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 4th May 2009, 9:40 am

looks good but even new p180 is coming and with same looks of black theme, but with new chasis from 200, 180 would be better in its handling as this one.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 10:53 am

dude how is the built quality of this new 150cc pulsar???
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 4th May 2009, 12:02 pm

@napster
    not everyone agrees with me on this but as far as the quality is concerned P150 can be counted in the worst..
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 4th May 2009, 12:08 pm

I agree with you antriksh. My friend's P180 on a day with slight rain and 10 minutes of ride made its electricals fail. Then he has to kick start the bike everytime and drive without horns, indicators and other lights, etc.. And also the paint quality was horrible in that nearly 18month old bike. And also the self-cancelling indicators weren't working properly.
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 4th May 2009, 11:07 pm

yup those self canceling indicators dont work for a long time.. i never heard that a bike looses its digital speedo display if parked in sun for a long time and the Digi speedo fails with rain as well..!
    there are other things most of the pulsar owners like me must have suffered like the lack of grip, bad throttle response, faulty electrical, jumpy mileage, loss of performance in a long run.. at least my frnz who own a pulsar and me feel the same. We like the pulsar bike series but it could have been better..!! maybe comparing it to my R15 would be wrong but somehow.. i expect more from the pulsars..
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 4th May 2009, 11:16 pm

i surely do agree with you dude,its built quality is all cr*p, but hw come the digi speedo display goes off if its parked in sun for a long time?? are the dealers aware of this?? did you try mentioning this to them?? how come bajaj is showing soo much negligence and lineance towards its hottest selling bike???:x
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 5th May 2009, 11:52 am

i have no idea how does the speedo behave like that.. i mentioned it to the rajkot dealer and the service center guys but it was of no use.. they themselves were clueless, but they still managed to give a useless answer as "it happens with all LCD units." (never seen it in my R15 though)

I kept on having another problem with my P150... "the major wheel alignment problem" i dont know how it used to happen but i had to get it re-aligned about at every 1500KMS.

Bajaj seriously needs to take a look at what they are doing..
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 5th May 2009, 4:20 pm

dude, if your bike is under warantee then get it replaced without an delay
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 5th May 2009, 6:59 pm

Didn't knew that there are somany problems faced by Pulsar150 buyers! 8O

RoadRocket
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 6th May 2009, 1:15 am

no dude my bike is not under warranty anymore..

@Road Rocket
    yeah man.. pulsar is a nice bike series (specifically 150 and 180)when it comes to power and pick-up.. but it sucks when it comes to quality. but 200 is a nice bike..
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 6th May 2009, 1:16 am

200 doesn't have these problems...
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th May 2009, 9:32 am

sad, how much will a new digi speedo cost?
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 6th May 2009, 10:10 am

i dont know.. but it should come under 2K.. but a new speedo wont solve the problem ie if it is gonna be from bajaj.. if i opt for some after market speedo (which means a requirement of about 3K for a good quality one) then that might help, but i dont really care anymore as i will be selling of my pulsar very soon..

ill stay with the my R15.. the best bike there is for indian market n i dont mean just because its one of the many upcoming premium bikes but because i have used it and i am 95% satisfied... even this bike is not "perfect" but its closer to the perfection than other bikes :)
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th May 2009, 11:22 am

antriksh_t wrote:i dont know.. but it should come under 2K.. but a new speedo wont solve the problem ie if it is gonna be from bajaj.. if i opt for some after market speedo (which means a requirement of about 3K for a good quality one) then that might help, but i dont really care anymore as i will be selling of my pulsar very soon..

ill stay with the my R15.. the best bike there is for indian market n i dont mean just because its one of the many upcoming premium bikes but because i have used it and i am 95% satisfied... even this bike is not "perfect" but its closer to the perfection than other bikes :)

what about the other 5%?
    antriksh_t
    antriksh_t

Post  antriksh_t 6th May 2009, 12:18 pm

could have been better with low and mid range.. i dont know, maybe the lowering of the BHP from 24.6 to 16.8 caused that.. all thanx to the Indian emission norms... anyways.. dis 5% is planing to be rectified by the two brothers with the help of the new ECU.. n there is a "rumor" going around at the yamaha dealers of an upgrade kit.. lets see...

IF the ECU works well then the CBR 150R will face a real competition when it comes to india..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5th July 2024, 6:24 am