The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
archit
thackervijay
Vibhor
7 posters

Bajaj Pulsar 350!!

Vibhor
    Vibhor

Question Bajaj Pulsar 350!!

Post  Vibhor 7th August 2009, 1:11 pm

Bajaj Auto is half way through the development of a 350cc Bajaj Pulsar scheduled for commercial launch by 2012. The fastest iteration of the Pulsar is expected to come with liquid cooling but Bajaj engineers are finding it tough to design a effective cooling system, which is essential for such a high capacity powerplant.
    The reason for using an oil cooled system over a water cooled system is the saving in space and weight. Lesser weight will help in better performance and mileage. The 350cc engine platform would be used in various variants and will help Bajaj to foray into the premium motorcycle segment in many countries including India.
    Bajaj Pulsar 350!! New_ba10
    Source: Motorbeam
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Question Re: Bajaj Pulsar 350!!

Post  thackervijay 7th August 2009, 3:07 pm

well this is good as well as bad news, good cause bajaj entering premium biking segment with more powerful bikes to drive, but what it reall lacks is quality and fittings on their products which tends to get loose too soon and continues like this, and that would not do good for company for this high end models in premium market.
    PS.this design looks a copy from yamaha on its front end.
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 7th August 2009, 3:38 pm

well , it does look very cool. but yes too many pulsars now.
    Bajaj can launch this engine in a new flagship or halo model. i dont think the pulsar moniker is needed now as it is too crowded with variants!
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 7th August 2009, 6:09 pm

If this 350cc is coming, it should have a new name. Quality, fit and finish, reliability, less spare parts cost should be given importance.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 7th August 2009, 6:19 pm

IMO bajaj should stick to bikes under 250cc only, it is not able to deliver enough quality and reliability to the present bikes which it has in the market, and now instead of making the crrent models strong, it now wants to aim high but it has a bad foundation for aiming soo high
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 8th August 2009, 1:43 am

I agree with napster. Personaly I don't like pulsar that much. If I have to choose somthing in the Pulsar class, I will go for Apache. Pulsar need to be refined more. I agree with you guys that they should give a new name to the 350 CC model. Pulsar is too old a name for a new model !
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 8th August 2009, 6:17 am

shynishm wrote:I agree with napster. Personaly I don't like pulsar that much. If I have to choose somthing in the Pulsar class, I will go for Apache. Pulsar need to be refined more. I agree with you guys that they should give a new name to the 350 CC model. Pulsar is too old a name for a new model !
    Not only too old but also too common. And also for a 350cc bike, suspension should be real good for putting all the power on the road.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 8th August 2009, 10:55 am

after the launch of pulsar, bajaj had many sales, demand incresed and they started producing vehicle to match the demand but they started neglecting the quality of the product, that is the mistake they did
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 8th August 2009, 2:06 pm

napster wrote:after the launch of pulsar, bajaj had many sales, demand incresed and they started producing vehicle to match the demand but they started neglecting the quality of the product, that is the mistake they did
    And now, they are paying for it. Sales has declined a lot.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 8th August 2009, 2:14 pm

sales came down as well as the reputation they had in making good bikes came down
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th August 2009, 10:00 pm

other bike manufacturer came up with better products in market, and bajaj kept on rolling same line of models which they failed to chart the market scene and not rectifing mistakes they did alongwith.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 9th August 2009, 9:46 am

Another problem is facelift of the same bike a thousand times in a short period, if you buy a new Bajaj model now it'll be older or another facelift will be there in a couple of months.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 9th August 2009, 11:43 am

bajaj is trying to give pulsar a fresh feel all the time but along with a fresh feel he is also giving us a new faulty product
    Zal
    Zal

Post  Zal 15th August 2009, 3:17 pm

Lets hope this is a twin cyl. If its a single then its really nothing great.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 3rd July 2024, 3:32 am