The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
abhi_qpotsiavs
archit
Vibhor
Crazy cat
Road Rocket
9 posters

Hyundai enters taxi segment in Mumbai!

abhinavgupta
    abhinavgupta

Angry Re: Hyundai enters taxi segment in Mumbai!

Post  abhinavgupta 8th April 2009, 6:16 pm

Vibhor wrote:Ya, Correct hummer, these santros will have CNG cylinder in the boot which will occupy most of the space in boot, I think esteem or accent are best option!Esteems work as Taxis here in Delhi, they are called "Easy Cabs" and that too in white colour not in black and yellow, A typical Taxi colour! 💢

The drivers of those cabs drive pretty well too.
    Mostly if not all.

Even meru cabs are Esteems if i remember correctly
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 9th April 2009, 12:26 pm

Ya, They do drive well, Also we can see other cars such as marina, Indigo and even Versa etc as easy cabs.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 10th April 2009, 2:28 pm

Santros as taxis.......... :lol: :D :laugh:

the occupants will have to carry their luggage on their lap and will also have to deal with the mule kick of the Santro's poor suspension. All i will say to the mumbai taxi union is-GOOD LUCK..!!

On a more serious note, the Indigo CS, Swift Dzire, Renault Logan make the best sense for taxis because of their frugal diesel engines and low maintenance. But Padminis and Ambys(especially in WB) have to go.

I curse every Amby I see on the road..!! They go slow, block the road and drive as if they own the road...!!! God curse these pieces of s****...!! :war:

TAI Support : Welcome to TAI forums, Please read Rules& Regulations in announcement section before posting further, Smiley limit is just 3 per post and please refrain from using abusive words.Thanks for co-operation

Last edited by Vibhor on 10th April 2009, 2:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : please read note in the post)
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 10th April 2009, 2:51 pm

Hi dcargod!Welcome to TAI forums, Please get familiar with board rules in announcement section before you post further.
    Back to topic, You are right but actually santro is not that bad, but yes people will have to face the problem for luggage space but i think for it they can have a carrier installed on the roof of the car.

Road Rocket
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 10th April 2009, 3:33 pm

I realise my mistake. Thnks for pointing it out. Sorry for the foul language. But you know, whenever I think of Ambys, I just cannot refrain myself.. Sorry and thanks.

I think the Santro has a very harsh ride. But the Dzire, Logan, etc ride pretty well and the rear seats are pretty comfy.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 10th April 2009, 3:55 pm

To me, Logan makes the best sense for a Taxi. Huge boot+ big space, soothing ride, amazing FE, etc.. makes it the best.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 10th April 2009, 3:58 pm

Sometime back there were talks of making logan as taxi in mumbai but Mahindra refused it.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 10th April 2009, 4:05 pm

That is unfortunate. Logan would have made a killing otherwise, selling like hot cakes..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 6th October 2024, 8:05 am