The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Renault to delay its car launches in India!

Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Angry Renault to delay its car launches in India!

Post  Road Rocket 17th February 2009, 1:43 pm

The French car manufacturer, Renault has delayed its plans to launch new car models by 2010. Renault had tied up with Japanese car maker Nissan to set up a plant in Chennai with about Rs 4,500 crores investment for duration of seven years for producing four lakh cars annually.

Due to reduction in the car sales, French car maker has decided to slow down its plans and wait till the market scenario gets better. Last week the French government funded Renault with 3 billion Euros as loan for a tenture of five years. This was done so that the French auto giant doesn’t cut any jobs.

Source:http://theautomotiveindia.wordpress.com/2009/02/16/renault-to-delay-new-launch-plans-in-india/
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Angry Re: Renault to delay its car launches in India!

Post  Crazy cat 17th February 2009, 6:05 pm

Rename the topic RR, it should be renault. With the price they kept for Logan and the quality they offer, how can they expect their car to sell?

I'm quite happy that they delayed the launch. I'll be even more happy if they quit India. I'll give the reason in detail in a day or two. It is because of very very high service cost(around 17k rs. for 60 k service :frustration: )
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 17th February 2009, 9:05 pm

Hey why CC?? How come its 17,000 ??

Why Mahindra is cheaper in Maintenance right??
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 18th February 2009, 1:48 am

I have no idea buddy. The labor cost is alone rs. 3k. I'll try to scan the bill and post in the Logan thread created by me.

Coming back to the topic, i thought that they would atleast bring Sandero here. As it is a hatch, it'll establish Renault here with its sales.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 20th February 2009, 2:52 pm

well i've heard that mahindra is cheaper then its partnership renault, as CC had mentioned before its services cost and its spares are costly then mahindra, right CC??
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th February 2009, 7:05 pm

I read that Logan's 40% parts are imported from Europe. The rising Euro has affected them badly and as a result they increased its price. As a result on this, they should have increased price of spares too :frustration:
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 24th February 2009, 10:02 am

i read in newspaper today that renault is planning to get its small hatchback on logan's platform in indian market by 2010. It would be available in both petrol and diesel engines and would also get its excise benifit with 1.2L petrol and below 1.5L diesel engine.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21st September 2024, 1:22 pm