The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
archit
Vibhor
6 posters

Driven - Hyundai i20!

thackervijay
    thackervijay

Thumbs down Re: Driven - Hyundai i20!

Post  thackervijay 23rd January 2009, 10:07 am

so guys did anyone checked out on i20, which i guess dont have sensors but needs to get active by its buttons rather then sensor motions.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 29th January 2009, 12:29 pm

got a TD on i20 yesterday and here's what i felt about the car..
    it was a white colour Asta model which came to my place for test drive. It feels a huge car with nice curves and looks cool. I asked my wife to also join for a test drive with three other occupants on rear seats from hyundai, so was good to check out this vehicle with fully occupied for 1.2 kappa engine. Steering felt light and was like coppied directly from honda's city. front seats were comfy with hight adjustable features available. The engine felt good, silent and didnt felt underpowered with full occupancy.Nice pickup and torque, though didnt go on highways. Braking was quite good and better then my old car. Though i am used to drive on higher placed steering in my indica, this one felt a bit lower placed even after adjusting it, but was easy to drive. The music system was very good with four speakers and two tweeters on doors, never felt it needs to change the stock ones, also its buttons on steering were good with easy to access for muting and + - volumes with frequency change feature available.Boot is quite big for 295L of space and it opens with its remote key which is also a good feature. Rear seats are also good but felt a bit small by few inches then my indica, but is enough for 3 passengers to seat comfy for long journeys. My leg didnt touched the front seats after adjusting front seat, i did checked rears, which were enough for comfort. Overall a very good car with loads of features to find in one of its kind in small car, with a premium price. Purple-grey interiors were looking rich with better quality on offer, though i felt black-grey would have been much better, loads of parcel space, gloves box with chiller compartment inside, but when my wife asked abt its price on road to the executive as they said 6.27/- on road, she was like what, its too pricey, you would get a sedan in that price ;) as we discussed about this. Definately a worth buying hatchback for a premium price with hyundai's service availability, would buy this if have a budget to go for instead of skoda.
    Also to mention the dealer told me that they have news that the company has denyied for its diesel variant before 1 year and its 1.4L engine option not before diwali.
    VIjay.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 31st January 2009, 9:28 am

Nice TD report Vijay!

I also went for a TD yesterday & felt like steerting is placed very low even after tilting it to the top! My i10 has steering placed at right position.

But the overall control & package is too good for a premium hatch.

Being petrol Asta priced at 6.2Lakhs OnRoad, what will happen if diesel is launched??

Hyundai will surely increase 1lakh to its petrol variant & Asta 1.4 Crde will cost whopping 7.3 - 8.0Lakhs :affraid:

For this we can strech a bit & go to Sx4, Linea, City & lot more are there
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 31st January 2009, 11:55 am

well one thing i would like to add is that on the 2nd and 3rd gear, you do feel a little sluggish where more accelator needs to push, which does makes you feel for the small engine but in city driven conditions is not an issue, highways yet to test.
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 31st January 2009, 10:17 pm

Yes buddy, its quite expected!!
    Same Kappa but heavy car :) Diesel should soon come into picture!
    When i checked out with hyundai, they said it will be only in Dec09 :)
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 1st February 2009, 11:55 am

yes thats true zinam, nothing new for other engines options for i20 for year, dont know why does hyundai mess up with this, as they already did this with getz which though being a good car didnt do well, now with underpowered high priced car with i20:-( doesnt seem good to me.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 8th February 2009, 11:09 am

here are the few pics of i20 i clicked when checked and td, sorry for the quality as were taken from my n70.
    this is its front pic
    Driven - Hyundai i20! - Page 3 I2010
    its rear
    Driven - Hyundai i20! - Page 3 I20_re10
    its 295L boot
    Driven - Hyundai i20! - Page 3 I20_bo10
    dual trip meter, which is a good feature seen in a hatchback
    Driven - Hyundai i20! - Page 3 I20_du10
    the steering placing after adjusting its height, and still too close to touch my thighs, felt it should be slightly more upwards then this
    Driven - Hyundai i20! - Page 3 I20_st10
    its front interiors
    Driven - Hyundai i20! - Page 3 I20_in10
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 7th March 2009, 11:49 am

HYUNDAI i20 DIESEL DETAILS!

Hyundai India plans to launch diesel variants of the i20 to get a larger chunk of the smaller car market share. The Indian subsidiary of Hyundai, which has a 25% market share in the 800,000 small car segment in the country, already makes diesel version of the i20 at its Chennai plant for exports. But in India, Hyundai markets only the petrol variant.
    Hyundai may strap the 1.4 litre CRDi diesel engine in the i20 premium hatchback, which is currently being exported to Europe and other overseas markets. The smaller engine will allow Hyundai to take advantage of concessional 8% excise duty levied on smaller cars. The diesel version of i20 is expected to be priced between Rs 5-6 lakh, 20-25% more than the petrol version.
    The 1.4 litre CRDi engine that offers an 88 BHP of power is expected to deliver a fuel efficiency of around 20 km per litre of fuel. Hyundai also has a more powerful 1.6 litre diesel version, which is exported, but may not be launched in India due to its high price.
    The i20 diesel is expected to come in twin variants. These will be pitted against the hugely popular Maruti’s Swift Diesel, Skoda’s Fabia, Tata Motors’ Indigo, Ford’s Fusion and Fiat’s Palio in the diesel hatchback segment.http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/hyundai-i20-cars/hyundai-i20-diesel-details/
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 7th March 2009, 3:29 pm

well buddy, Asta model of i20 with 1.2 kappa engine is 6.4/- on road and topend version around 6.65/- on road so dont expect its crdi version to be cheaper then this, say around 6.5/- to 7/- L on road, still would be a good price to buy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 6:49 am