The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
im_hummer_freak
Crazy cat
Vlad
thackervijay
8 posters

new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end

thackervijay
    thackervijay

new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end Empty new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end

Post  thackervijay 14th July 2009, 12:35 pm

New Santro:

Expected Launch date: Christmas 2009

exterior changes:
    new countered bonnet with round headlights with integrated turn signals.
    new front bumper with rectangular fog lights in top end models.
    new rounded chrome grille.
    body coloured bumpers in all versions
    new fenders
    new taillights
    rear fog lights in top end varients integrated into rear bumpers
    bumper detachable black moulding deleted for a cleaner look
    new pull type door handles
    new OSRVM, bigger and wider like in i10 kappa.
    interior changes:
    beige interior with black central console
    new instrument cluster with tachometer (on higher end versions) with electric odometer with 2 tripmeters (in all versions)
    more storage space provided in the gear console*
    improved rear seat comfort with improved thigh support
    new seat fabric and trims
    rotary AC controls*
    mechanical changes
    engine upgrade to meet euro 4 norms (retuning of ECU specific to i10 engine, increased torque from 9.8 kg-m to 10 kg-m and power from 63 ps to 64 ps)
    improved spring and damper rates of the rear suspension for better ride quality*
    a bit stiffer front suspension with anti-roll bar of a bigger size*
    models:
    3 varients-base, mid level and top end
    AC and power steering standard standard on all models
    AT model will not be available
    NON AC model made to order.
    7-8 colours, planned a new rustic orange also.*

Its just a cosmetic change and mechanical tweak, coming this christmas.

Petrol, LPG and CNG (select cities) options will remain.

Twist in the tale: Price band between 2,60,000-3,75,000 (from NON AC to the top model).
    2-3 varients only.
    source:sidindica@teambhp
    Vlad
    Vlad

new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end Empty Re: new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end

Post  Vlad 14th July 2009, 9:18 pm

Hyundai following the Maruti way - another 800 in the making! Jump
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end Empty Re: new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end

Post  Crazy cat 15th July 2009, 7:57 am

I think Hyundai is readying Santro for the BS IV norms along with facelift.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 15th July 2009, 10:29 am

good finally a santro facelift. but no pics??
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 15th July 2009, 1:02 pm

Good News.
    This is most likely to be Kia Picanto's Indian version from Hyundai.
    But I don't understand why these carmaker like Hyundai, Maruti etc don't completely discontinue their old models.

VT
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 15th July 2009, 9:23 pm

no vibs its not going to be at all like kia's picanto or any other kia's models, more of the same santro with few facelifts is to be expected with beige dual tone interiors and more comfort seats for rear bench.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 16th July 2009, 5:05 pm

From what you have mentioned (circular lights etc etc) It looks like a picanto to me too.
    BTW, Heres how picanto looks like -

new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end Kia-picanto-titel
    new hyundai santro coming by 2009 end 2008-kia-picanto-2

RoadRocket
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 17th July 2009, 12:53 am

IMO, Hyundai is planning to hit back at Spark's increasing popularity and also wants a piece of the pie from Maruti WagonR, its arch rival. If it is the Kia model specified above, then it will look pretty darn awesome and Santro sales might just get that boost it lacks because of stern competition. The pricing also appears to be pretty good.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 17th July 2009, 9:08 am

This makes sense. But it can be either ways, Hyundai can launch Kia picanto as Santro or update the current Santro with Picanto's lights, bumpers, etc...
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 17th July 2009, 12:15 pm

i disliked this picanto.specially the front.looks ugly to me. rear is somewhat fine. overall it looks like a modded santro.
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 19th July 2009, 5:15 am

Since we are familiar with old and new Santros, I too think that Picanto will not be a right fit. However, if they consider the KIA No3 concept, things will change. It can easily hit Spark, Wagon R and even Ritz (!?).
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 19th July 2009, 10:43 am

Crazy cat wrote:This makes sense. But it can be either ways, Hyundai can launch Kia picanto as Santro or update the current Santro with Picanto's lights, bumpers, etc...

the more chances are that current santro would be updated with new lights,bumpers and interiors.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 19th July 2009, 11:40 am

Yes, Hyundai will not consider bringing a new car to replace their 10 year old, but still hot-selling Santro. Its more concentrated on its i-series now.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 19th July 2009, 4:56 pm

dcargod wrote:Yes, Hyundai will not consider bringing a new car to replace their 10 year old, but still hot-selling Santro. Its more concentrated on its i-series now.

surely but then then companies do tend to continue older models which now feels to be phased out, we see 800,wagonR ,alto still doing good as well as santro itself so company is looking to bring its facelift version with better looks, more space and mainly superb pricing in 3L category.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 20th July 2009, 12:51 pm

Picanto looks nice to me, Its rear resembles to the santro Xing and other bits like rear door, Windows etc are taken from the i10.

RoadRocket

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 29th September 2024, 9:06 am