The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
napster
Road Rocket
Crazy cat
im_hummer_freak
raj_5004
Vibhor
shynishm
11 posters

[solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick?

Poll

Which Car?

[ 2 ]
    [solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap215%[solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 11 ]
    [solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap285%[solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap [85%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%[solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Poll closed
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

[solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick? - Page 2 Empty Re: [solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick?

Post  thackervijay 23rd June 2009, 11:39 am

shynishm wrote:I agree with Vijay, when I contacted the MSL dealer in Calicut, Kerala (in Jan 09) they told the delivery time of 1 month max for Swift ZXi. How ever, diesel models has got slightly more waiting period but they told the max period of 3 months for Dzire and Swift (diesel). lol!

no shynishm, its the other way around, MSL is focusing more on productions of diesel models which are more in demand, so if you are looking to buy petrol swifts/dzires it would take more time to deliver as to diesel, as petrols now are only workied on confirmed bookings (as told by the dealer).Also seen were too many of ritz ddIs parked there and were readily available while swift still had 20-30 days waiting.
    shynishm
    shynishm

[solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick? - Page 2 Empty Re: [solved]Dzire,SX4, Linea - Which one to pick?

Post  shynishm 23rd June 2009, 12:45 pm

Is it? I am not sure as I am out country for almost 2 year. I was there on short visit to my native place. Well, I know this is offtopic , but just to clear my self, let me ask something. If the avg. use of the car is around 20 KM per day and once in 3 months long trip, isn't it wise to go for a the petrol model ? I am just curious !
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 23rd June 2009, 1:39 pm

hi shynishm, firstly things have changed for the usage of engines, now what people see is the cost of running but doesnt calculate the cost of ownership, for the kind of usage you said petrol anyday makes sense as yes diesel would be costing lesser for running but more you pay for diesel car doesnot justify your usage.Thanks.
    Also to mention higher maintainence of diesel engines as to petrols.
    shynishm
    shynishm

Post  shynishm 23rd June 2009, 1:49 pm

Thanks Vijay, you said it. So I am thinking on the right direction - the cost of ownership lol!
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 23rd June 2009, 4:13 pm

shynishm wrote:Thanks Vijay, you said it. So I am thinking on the right direction - the cost of ownership lol!

Absolutely buddy, say the difference in swifts petrol and diesel is approx 70000/-.
    Now for the kind of usage you told gets an 700 km per month.Calculating the difference for petrol and diesel and mileage obtained in both the engines gets you to save approx 1.60/- per km on diesel engine.Now firstly to cover your 70K spend on initial cost of vehicle you need to run approx 44000kms so to say around 5 years firstly to obtain your extra cost of vehicle and then what you save would be on your kms run, so anything that is above 1200kms per month running is viable for diesel engines.Thanks.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21st September 2024, 3:51 am