The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

DZire VDI

deepudips

DZire VDI Empty DZire VDI

Post  deepudips 5th July 2009, 8:07 am

Hello,

Thanks for all the wishes and comments during my dilemma on which car to buy.
    Now that I have gone in for Dzire VDI, I am planning for an upgrade of Speakers,
    get sun films, and Remote Central Lock (I presume, there is no remote
    central locks) - Budget of 10,000/-. Would prefer after market in
    Bangalore (JC Road), I am not going in for MGA. Please suggest details.

Reverse Sensors sometime after 2-3 months (already running out of Budget)

Not getting the Teflon Coating done, while will get the underbody treatment during the first service.

Anything that you feel i am missing out. Please suggest

Thanks
    Dips
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

DZire VDI Empty Re: DZire VDI

Post  raj_5004 5th July 2009, 9:17 am

Rs. 10,000 for speakers, sun film & central locking? thats too less buddy...

i think you should opt for a sunfilm by 3M or Llumar. it will cost you around 2000-3000 depending on the choice. remote central locking with installation can be around 4000-5000. so for speakers, you are left with barely 2000-3000 in hand.

i would advise you wait for some time, collect some money & then fit the speakers. please DO NOT fit inferior speakers just for the heck of it & waste money.

if you do manage to save some money, opt for speakers from JBL, ground zero or illusion. please AVOID sony, though they are cheap, sound quality is pathetic. JBL is a bit cheaper than illusion & GZ. for front, it is a good idea to install component speakers. but they can be expensive (3000-5000) or else you can install co-axials, it will cost a bit less.

overall, i would recommend that you keep aside Rs. 10,000 for the speakers alone.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 5th July 2009, 11:53 am

deepudips, yes mate you need to stretch your budget, if not now may be later on you can go for speakers, within your budget opt for sunfilms and central locking, and one more thng if later on you can get your budget done do opt for front screen sunfilm which would be costly but would be worth going for.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 5th July 2009, 12:06 pm

Dzire already has a decent ICE. If you want more from it, you need to spend more amount. Save some money and upgrade your setup in future.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 6th July 2009, 11:46 am

one more thing, do go for rear parking sensors which are necessary for dzire dead boot view.
    napster
    napster

Post  napster 6th July 2009, 8:43 pm

the audio system which comes with DZire is pretty decent for a regular guy, if you want some thing more than that, then you have to strech your budget, 10k wont fullfill your need for sure, keep the audio system stock and get your tint and central locking done first

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 15th May 2024, 2:21 pm