The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
zinam
Road Rocket
thackervijay
Vibhor
archit
Crazy cat
manan
11 posters

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic

manan
    manan

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic Empty K&N Typhoon Kit on my Civic

Post  manan 12th March 2009, 10:41 pm

Hello Guys,

Like i posted in my intro, I drive a Civic, and performance is also a vital part of modifying, The Civic has a R18A1 SOHC Engine producing 132 BHP of power, That is good amount of power, but for a car freak nothing is enough. So i decided to add a K&N Typhoon kit to my car

A Typhoon kit unlike other universal filters is a complete kit designed completely for a specific car. It includes all mountings,brackets,MAF Sensor location, Hose pipes etc. Its almost a Direct fit with no serious modifications required, just remove the stock air box and install. The kit includes a Heat shield as well so that the engine heat is kept away from the filter. Some pics during and after install

The install was done at GYRO, Moti Bagh. The latest store in Delhi for High End Audio and performance upgrades. They have the best installs in India along with expert advice.

Stock Engine Bay
    Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMAGE_228-1

AirBox being removed
    Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMAGE_230-1

Throttle-Body
    Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMAGE_231-1

Install Done

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic DSC007631

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic DSC007641

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic DSC007621

The Initial impressions were very impressive, the engine became more responsive and rev-happy. More-over an increase in the low end torque could be felt. This gaurantees a 6 BHP increase in horse power, I get a certificate from K&N. In the end i was very happy with this install.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic Empty Re: Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic

Post  Crazy cat 12th March 2009, 10:51 pm

Cool mod manan. How much does it cost? Didn't it void the warranty?
    manan
    manan

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic Empty Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic

Post  manan 12th March 2009, 10:55 pm

The Civic is a Very Sporty looking car and I wanted my car to look different from the civics on the road, So i decided to do something about how my car looks. So this is the outcome. Would like your comments on this, If you like this and how i can improve.

1. Mugen ABS Bodykit
    2. Mugen Carbon Fiber Front Grill
    3. Mugen Type-RR Carbon Fiber+ABS Spoiler
    4. Mugen Roof Spoiler
    5. Mugen Red JDM badging
    6. 17" League Racing Alloys
    7. Maxxis 225/45R17 Tires
    8. Angel Eye Projector Head Lights
    9. LED Tail Lamps
    10. HIDs 6000k in Low/High and Fogs
    11. Projector fog Lamps

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic CivicMugen1-1

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic CivicMugen2-1

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic CivicMugen3-1

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic CivicMugen4-1

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMAGE_066

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMG_1285

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMAGE_082-1

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMAGE_091-1

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMAGE_093

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMG_1609-1

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic IMG_1610-1
    archit
    archit

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic Empty Re: Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic

Post  archit 13th March 2009, 5:09 am

yea sure u can go for those mods and ya it will rock the road!!
    is this your civic??
    if so then no need for extra mods!
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 13th March 2009, 11:28 am

archit wrote:yea sure u can go for those mods and ya it will rock the road!!
    is this your civic??
    if so then no need for extra mods!

This is MY car, All these are already complete, I am looking forward to a new color now
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 13th March 2009, 12:20 pm

Man!Thats simply awesome piece of machine!Very nicely modified civic manan, So what is the reaction of people when you take it on roads?Its a head turner for sure! :D
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 13th March 2009, 12:24 pm

Great mods manan. The pics are awesome :kewlpic: . The alloys look great to me. The best mod of Civic, i've ever seen.

Now waiting for the pics of your Swift :D
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 13th March 2009, 12:34 pm

yeah manan , have seen your modification on bhp, cool job done and this sexy car looks more sexy with those alloys,lamps changed.Waiting to see you swift mods done.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 13th March 2009, 12:37 pm

yeah, thats a cool mod manan, but as CC said can you share the amount you spend on this and also its warranty affect.Surely you are enjoying that extra power arent you. :drive:
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 13th March 2009, 12:38 pm

thackervijay wrote:yeah, thats a cool mod manan, but as CC said can you share the amount you spend on this and also its warranty affect.Surely you are enjoying that extra power arent you. :drive:

This costed me 17,000. Warranty, Well I have very good contacts in honda service, So it does not matter much
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 13th March 2009, 12:54 pm

thats good to hear that your contacts with honda saves you, but in normal case this modification does void warranty on this vehicle, right.
    Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Post  Road Rocket 13th March 2009, 3:34 pm

Hi Manan, You can post other all other info and pics of your civic in this thread only, BTW, Very nice car.

THREADS MERGED

RoadRocket
    zinam
    zinam

Post  zinam 14th March 2009, 8:45 am

Hey thats great manan !!

Your Civic has got stunning looks & i really love your HID's :)
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 16th March 2009, 8:01 pm

Now After the filter install and Exterior Mods, I was happy with car, really enjoyed how it turned heads but I felt a little weak on the performance side, Being a regular Drag Racer, The power being put down was not enough.

So i began the hunt for my new MOD. The first thing came to my mind was headers, but since the exhaust manifold is built inside the Engine head of the civic, Changing headers is not quite possible, So i decided to fiddle with the electronics of the car. Honda's show great increase with ECU chipping, The first name was obviously Hondata but when i got to know that Hondata has nothing for the R18A1 i was left heart broken 😢

But then i came across a guy called Zakie from Tuned-i-Chips (http://www.tunedichip.com/). He was ready with a remap for my HOnda Civic, so i decided to give it a shot. Sent my ECU to mumbai where it came back in one day after the re-flash. When i re-fitted the ECU and took the car for a Spin, i was amazed. The car had became much much more faster and the new Rev-Limit was increased from 7100 to 7800 RPM. I was dazzled.

Attached is a Dyno graph of a remapped civic by Zakie. The car is putting down 117.3 WHP, Add 20% Trasmission losses so at the crank i should be getting around 150 BHP which is 20 more than stock.

Mugen Kit and Exterior Mods on Civic Graphf10

Here is a video of the Rev-limit see for yourself

Last edited by Crazy cat on 16th March 2009, 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link removed and video directly added)
    archit
    archit

Post  archit 16th March 2009, 8:27 pm

ahh
    so your civic is really a drag racer!! LOL
    cool stuff manan
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 16th March 2009, 8:32 pm

That is a great mod manan. But won't it harm the engine? Any increase in top speed?
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 16th March 2009, 8:55 pm

Now about Warranty issues, This Remap is not detectable by the Scan tool used by the service centre because the Idling values remain same and Error codes are unchanged. The car behaves completely normal and stock.

It wont harm the engine because at 7800 RPM the Piston speeds is less than 5000 FPM limit, At 7800 RPM it is 4472FPM which is well below the limit.

The car average is also the same when driven normally in city conditions.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 16th March 2009, 9:09 pm

It is good to hear that there is no loss in FE under normal conditions, in addition to power increase. How much does this mod cost?
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 16th March 2009, 9:11 pm

Crazy cat wrote:It is good to hear that there is no loss in FE under normal conditions, in addition to power increase. How much does this mod cost?

Somewhere around 30k.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 17th March 2009, 10:09 am

wow,you seems to get your civic all available power to handle,good to hear that this mods doesnt affect its FE as well as its warranty as codes are unchanged, is anything more you are planning to get inside this civic else then you :lol!:
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 17th March 2009, 10:21 am

thackervijay wrote:wow,you seems to get your civic all available power to handle,good to hear that this mods doesnt affect its FE as well as its warranty as codes are unchanged, is anything more you are planning to get inside this civic else then you :lol!:

Thanks, Well Thats the maximum i can do of an NA engine. Plan to get Weapon-R Headers with Down pipe and an Intake Manifold soon. After that Only FI can help in more power. :evil:
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd March 2009, 11:51 am

@manan, can you tell me what is a FPM?
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 25th March 2009, 11:57 pm

Crazy cat wrote:@manan, can you tell me what is a FPM?

Feet Per Minute
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 26th March 2009, 5:25 pm

Thanks manan. Can you please explain in detail?
    manan
    manan

Post  manan 29th March 2009, 10:45 pm

Crazy cat wrote:Thanks manan. Can you please explain in detail?

The More you accelarte the more faster your Pistons Move, The purpose of a Rev limiter is too keep the count below 500 FPM else your pistons will come flying out of the engine head.

Guys my car is undergoing a New ICE Install, will post details and pics ones the project is over

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17th May 2024, 10:36 am