The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

turbo charger

DR A K Tyagi

Question turbo charger

Post  DR A K Tyagi 8th July 2009, 12:43 pm

I have skoda Octavia 1.9tdi, the turbocharger of my car stop working within 42,000 km, I am very disapointe with the company to fitted sub standard part which is the most vital part of engine, when i contacted compny they refuse to replace turbocharger
    So I want to know that is there any effect on the engine if I run my car without tuebocharger so long
    raj_5004
    raj_5004

Question Re: turbo charger

Post  raj_5004 8th July 2009, 3:37 pm

many engines work on different designs. since turbochargers are basically to improve the power output of the engine & do nothing else, i think it should not affect the normal functioning of the engine.

however, i would still advise you to change the turbo. i feel without the turbo, you car MAY not meet the pollution norms. also, the techincal guys at skoda know the best. do consult them on this issue too.
    sudeepd

Post  sudeepd 13th July 2009, 3:01 pm

Turbocharged cars need Special Care.

The Engine SHOULD BE Run at Idle Rpm for 30 Seconds after Starting and Before Turning OFF the Engine.This Lubricates the Turbocharger thereby Increasing its Life.
    Also DONT RACE THE ENGINE BEFORE TURNING OFF IT. Racing will damage the TC More.
    I guess you have not followed this procedure.

BTW, how did you know that Turbocharger of your Octavia has Stopped working?I have Indigo LS which has covered 1,66,915kms. But still I don't face performance problems.

Last edited by sudeepd on 13th July 2009, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am not able to take the Text on the Next Line. i.e I am unable to ENTER at the end of the Statement.)
    Interceptor
    Interceptor

Post  Interceptor 14th July 2009, 5:16 am

DR A K Tyagi wrote:I have skoda Octavia 1.9tdi, the turbocharger of my car stop working within 42,000 km, I am very disapointe with the company to fitted sub standard part which is the most vital part of engine, when i contacted compny they refuse to replace turbocharger
    So I want to know that is there any effect on the engine if I run my car without tuebocharger so long
    How many years have you owned the car? and how many services did it go through ? And did you do the service only with the A.S.S? ... I did read in another forum about an ongoing issue with skoda and they are trying to file a case against the company. But i am not sure if your issue is related .. just trying to correlate.. Its primarily on A.S.S changing the parts and fixing duplicate parts in the car...
    Without the TC you wouldnt feel that punch when your tacho crosses 2500 RPM... and you may need to accelerate more to achieve that top speed ... If the TC is damaged and if it's blocking the passage of return air(read exhaust) then you would have a serious problem. Here is a good read which you can use
    http://www.aa1car.com/library/turbo_repair.htm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 8:00 am