The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

1 st gear on running maruti swift dzire

jj

1 st gear on running maruti swift dzire Empty 1 st gear on running maruti swift dzire

Post  jj 16th August 2009, 11:04 am

1) Recently I drove Maruti swift Dzire and I was wondering when changed gear from 2,4 to 3rd , it went 1 st gear (with a small jerk),and immediately i changed to neutral and to 3 rd gear . Why this happened , is 1st and 3rd are too close to each other in Dzire. ???
    2) The clutch is also hard and when I start car in 2nd gear , need to press accelarator more ,otherwise car/ engine stops.
    Appreciate your comments..
    zinam
    zinam

1 st gear on running maruti swift dzire Empty Re: 1 st gear on running maruti swift dzire

Post  zinam 16th August 2009, 1:09 pm

Hi JJ,

OK. Is it your car or you test drove some car ?

Frankly speaking the Gearing ratios are different in each & every car & you should get used to it.

Gearing ratios & Clutch release tuning will resolve this issue.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

1 st gear on running maruti swift dzire Empty Re: 1 st gear on running maruti swift dzire

Post  Crazy cat 16th August 2009, 2:41 pm

I took a TD of Dzire before. I never faced any problem. I think the problem might be, you are not used to Dzire's gear shift. Every car will behave differently, we need to get used to it soon.
    jj

Post  jj 16th August 2009, 4:04 pm

Hi folks,
    Its my relatives car and i was driving a Manual Transmission car,almost after 5 yrs now and getting used to it. confused Smile
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 17th August 2009, 11:30 am

jj wrote:Hi folks,
    Its my relatives car and i was driving a Manual Transmission car,almost after 5 yrs now and getting used to it. confused Smile

well JJ its not about you driving a manual car or not, its about adjusting the behaviour of the car you drive, every car has its different press,play release setup with differs with each cars, some may you find smooth and some hard, so its about getting used to that setup, else it may be the problem with cluth plate of that particular car.
    Aviral Tyagi
    Aviral Tyagi

Post  Aviral Tyagi 17th August 2009, 2:49 pm

The car is absolutely fine. Coz when we bought the swift, i also faced the same problem.
    But after a period of time i got used to it. And frankly speaking i like swift/Dzire's gear shift very much. Very Happy
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 17th August 2009, 6:48 pm

jj wrote:Hi folks,
    Every car's gear shift and pattern are different. Some have short throw, some have long throw, some are slick, some are notchy, and so on. I drive a Swift and never faced any such problem, except for the initial stages where i got confused after using Logan's slick and long throw gear shift with tall gear lever too.

But even after getting used to it, you get the same condition, then there might be some problem with your car. Does your relative face the same problem?

Aviral Tyagi wrote:The car is absolutely fine. Coz when we bought the swift, i also faced the same problem.
    But after a period of time i got used to it. And frankly speaking i like swift/Dzire's gear shift very much. Very Happy
    Yeah the short throw gear box is real fun, one can actually play with it.
    Aviral Tyagi
    Aviral Tyagi

Post  Aviral Tyagi 17th August 2009, 7:44 pm

exactly!!
    jj

1 st gear on running maruti swift dzire Empty 1st gear while runnung engine in Maruti dezire

Post  jj 22nd August 2009, 8:30 pm

Hey folks
    Now its OK ,got used to the gear in Maruti swift Dzire.
    Thx

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8th July 2024, 1:12 am