The Automotive India

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
thackervijay
Road Rocket
6 posters

Chevrolet Aveo is now worth it!

Road Rocket
    Road Rocket

Thumbs up Chevrolet Aveo is now worth it!

Post  Road Rocket 20th July 2009, 2:04 pm

General Motors launched the new Chevrolet Aveo in the market which is a limited edition, face lifted variant of the existing model. The limited edition model is accompanied with a host of exclusive features depending on the model, ranging from height adjustable driver’s seat, rear armrest with cupholders, chrome inside and outside door handles, leather steering wheel and leather gearknob, illuminated key cylinder (all-new feature), driver airbag, leather upholstery and anti-lock brakes.

Chevrolet Aveo has already earned the prestigious J.D. Power Initial Quality Study (IQS) Award' for two years in a row (2007 and 2008) for quality attributes. Moreover, auto journalists have also acclaimed its fuel efficiency which is supposed to be the best in its class.

"At GM India, we always try to work on the feedback we receive from our customers,” said P. Balendran, Vice-President, GM India. “In order to retain excitement and refresh the interest in the vehicle, we keep making changes which will add value to the product and customer appeal. We have made some exciting changes in the Aveo to make it even more appealing and attractive. The launch of the Special Edition of the Chevrolet Aveo is a testament to the importance that GM India attaches to maximising customer satisfaction. With its exclusive features and outstanding value for money, it offers our discerning customers another ideal option for meeting their driving needs,” said Mr. Balendran.

General Motors India was recently acquired by the parent General Motors Company which has emerged out of bankruptcy after three months. General Motors Company is aggressive about Indian market and intends to market its cars in the Asia-Pacific region. GM India is ready to launch the new Chevrolet Cruze in India which will be the new generation crossover sedan from the company.

Source: Cartradeindia.com
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Thumbs up Re: Chevrolet Aveo is now worth it!

Post  thackervijay 20th July 2009, 2:29 pm

any price details or info on that RR, yes it offers the best mileage in its category and is been awarded two consecutive years by JD Asia powers, if there's no subjective changes in this LE aveo then its pick of the lot for sure.
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 20th July 2009, 8:20 pm

thackervijay wrote:any price details or info on that RR, yes it offers the best mileage in its category and is been awarded two consecutive years by JD Asia powers, if there's no subjective changes in this LE aveo then its pick of the lot for sure.
    The good thing is no change in price Jump
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 21st July 2009, 4:11 pm

No doubt that Aveo is really worth it with this Limited Edition.
    Everyone very much knows that this is nothing but a try of GM to revive Aveo's dieing sales.
    Speaking about the car, It has been one of my favourite in this segment, Mainly because of its upmarket looks and even more upmarket interiors which you don't even get in a 10lac segment cars.
    It was just pricing which kept away the buyers from this chevy.

VT
    Crazy cat
    Crazy cat

Post  Crazy cat 22nd July 2009, 9:20 am

Sure vibhor. Aveo has great looks. GM should have provided better petrol engine and a diesel. They have spoiled a good car.
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 23rd July 2009, 12:41 am

if the price is same then it sounds a good deal.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 23rd July 2009, 11:26 am

What i feel is that this car misses is good diesel engine which would be hot car to buy, superb interiors and good quality, its high pricing didnt let this sell that well in market, wonder why didnt GM offered diesel variants in this as well as in hatchback segment.
    dcargod
    dcargod

Post  dcargod 23rd July 2009, 9:24 pm

Even I like the Aveo for its upmarket stance, but poor engine and handling kept me away from making it a pick of the lot. Plus, it has a reputation of not being crash worthy.
    Vibhor
    Vibhor

Post  Vibhor 28th July 2009, 11:26 am

@thackervijay, Exactly!
    Aveo needs a diesel engine now and if they don't offer it then aveo will soon completely die because its competitiors such as SX4 etc are going to get a diesel power.
    I feel chevy didn't focused much on Aveo and now when its on the end, They are trying to revive it.

VT
    im_hummer_freak
    im_hummer_freak

Post  im_hummer_freak 28th July 2009, 5:35 pm

yeah a diesel engine would do some good to the car.
    but overall i find the car lame. the interiors are really nice. but i dislike its exterior looks. and the car feels too small as compared to its competition. for me it doesnt have that appeal of that upmarket car that everyone is talking about. just my opinion.
    thackervijay
    thackervijay

Post  thackervijay 28th July 2009, 10:08 pm

im_hummer_freak wrote:yeah a diesel engine would do some good to the car.
    but overall i find the car lame. the interiors are really nice. but i dislike its exterior looks. and the car feels too small as compared to its competition. for me it doesnt have that appeal of that upmarket car that everyone is talking about. just my opinion.
    well i feel the other way around, outer looks are quite good and feels upmarket, interiors arent that great and needs to get a facelift, along with a powerful engine.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 8th July 2024, 3:16 am